Infertility

Sep 2018 FET

Re: Sep 2018 FET

• guys, preggie pop is not doing it anymore. i'm nauseous all day every day. As long as i'm awake, i'm miserable. How is everyone coping while working? I can't concentrate, all i keep thinking about is how not to vomit while talking to a customer. 

@bkatp i'm getting myself a doppler too. Where can you buy one? there wasn't too many options on amazon.
    ***** child/loss TW *****
    natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
    9/2015 chemical pregnancy
    Initial workup: 
         AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
         Antral Follicle Count: 5
         FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
         LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
         Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • @babyhopeful442 I know this doesn’t help but I’m so there with you! All day every day. Right now I’m drinking ice cold drinks slowly with a straw vs just drinking, supposed to help. Taking B6, using sea bands, acupuncture, starches like rice and pasta, only eat when hungry and eat crackers kinda nonstop so my stomach never gets completely empty which makes it worse. Deep breathing, fresh air, free meditation app called Insight Timer on my phone. Repeating the mantra this too shall pass, changing focus to gratitude for this gift and sign that I’m still pregnant. Letting DH do all the cooking and dishes since smells trigger me. None of these do it all but even the slightest bit of help from any I have to try for. Thinking of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited October 2018
    @mbradfo2 thank you so I might have to wait for atleast couple weeks to use Doppler then. I’ll definitely look at that PAIF thread about Doppler.

@kristimh80 I saw same brand on amazon, like @babyhopeful442 said there aren’t many options in amazon. I haven’t ordered one yet but thinking of ordering sono B from amazon 
  • sungirl39sungirl39 member
    edited October 2018
    *Lurking* @bkapt I bought my doppler on eBay, a Sonoline B...it was like $20, works great!  (I have a lot of bleeding due to a vanishing twin, so it definitely gives me peace of mind.  I've been bleeding since 7wks...I'm almost 14wks now, ugh.)

Oh, and I don't use a special gel...I like to use argan oil, then I rub it in to help avoid any future stretch marks!
  • @babyhopeful442 everything @Momifbysea said is pretty much it. Nothing will make it go away (except time) but you can kinda manage it. The most important thing is to stay hydrated so have a cup next to you at all time and just sip from it throughout the day, all day.
    If it's any consolation, I'm almost 24 weeks and I rarely feel the nausea anymore (fingers crossed it stays like that). 
    Small meals, plenty of fluids and don't worry if you lose weight. I lost about 5lbs in the first trimester.
  • Forgot to mention about the Doppler!
    Last time I used the Sonoline b, which was great. This time I have something else that's not as good. So I recommend the Sonoline b. I got mine off of eBay.
    A word if caution - don't freak up if you can't find the heartbeat every now and then. A lot depends on far along you are, where the baby is sitting and where the placenta is situated. It takes some practice to get it right and even then, you'll hit your own heart beat about 50% of the time and sometimes it will be in the way of the baby.
    So just remember that when you pick it up. Otherwise, have fun with it!
  • mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited October 2018
    I also have used the sonoline b (last pregnancy and this pregnancy) and agree with the other ladies.  For better or worse, I discovered this baby had/has an arrhythmia when I was using the Doppler.  My OB just said don’t use it all the time (mostly so listening to the irregular heartbeat wouldn’t drive me nuts) but otherwise I didn’t get the shame I was expecting from them.
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @babyhopeful442 I just bought some almonds to keep by the bed. I got the salted ones bc that’s what my DH likes but may get new bag of unsalted. Feel like it gives me a little something in my stomach without too much discomfort or grossness. I’m also doing ice cold fizzy water with the sparkling mama add ins that contain b6. Feel like the flavor and fizz help calm my stomach (sometimes not always). 

Afm, got more sleep with half tab of unisom but feeling a little nervous today at 8+3 since that’s when the embryo from the first transfer stopped growing. I’m over analyzing my lack of boob soreness and mostly clear head today. :( my stomach still in knots though. I’m so close to the 9w us but yet it still feels like any eternity. Curses to IF. :(
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @northbeach3 I think I'll get some almonds, I think I could maybe tolerate those. I hear you on the worry, it is so hard and the time seems to pass so slowly. The 31st will be here soon and then I'm the day after you. Will be an exciting week! Remember, we know symptoms can totally come and go. A few days ago when I had most of a day without nausea and more energy and absolute no boob soreness I was freaking out again and then it all came back at a high scale. IF really messes with our minds though. I wish you pleasant distractions until Wednesday!

• @northbeach3 was ur first one a silent miscarriage? I understand how it feels but good news is u will get feedback in couple more days. You will find it more relaxing when u see everything is ok in ur next ultrasound. After 12 weeks it is best to order Doppler for peace of mind. I hope u are busy until Wednesday 
  • @northbeach3 Ditto what everyone else has said. Symptoms really will come and go a lot. There's been many days I almost have to remind myself I'm pregnant, then last week I over did it and had swollen feet and hurt to walk. I swear it's one extreme or another! Hang in there...you got this girl <3 About the almonds, I broke down and got cinnamon almonds and they have been wonderful. Plus, the cinnamon helps it's you are retaining water any. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Cinnamon also helps calm upset stomachs :smile:

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Afm I got my appointment with nurse practitioner on Wednesday for remaining blood work and history then the appointment with ob is on 6th nov. I didn’t get the ob/gyn I wanted. But I just want ultrasound done ASAP so picked who ever is available. Later I’ll switch to ob/gyn I want I am also requesting biweekly scans until week 14, they haven’t accepted the request yet but we will see how it goes. 

@northbeach3 and @Momifbysea are these ur graduation appointments? 
  • @bkatp yes my first was a MMC. No spotting and still had symptoms. Just no HB at 9w scan. Growth stopped 8+3, possibly due to another cyst present in uterus. Testing inconclusive. 

Yeah the symptoms all came back with a vengeance. Trying to keep busy until wed. If all goes well, this will be my graduation appt from the RE. Bittersweet but also looking forward to weaning off meds.  Trying to let myself think of life beyond 12w, but still cautious/superstitious. I keep telling myself I can make it through thanksgiving. 

Just curious for those second time or more moms, how did you convince yourself to sign up for the first trimester again? I like to think I have the ability to power through tough stuff but this nausea has brought me to my knees. 

Hows everyone else managing?
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• **lurking
    @northbeach3 I can completely understand your apprehension - but I'm sure all will be fine for you this time around ( and I'm glad you symptoms are back! ) Wishing you all the best in your u/s tomorrow <3<3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• @northbeach3 Thinking of you today!! <3 Can't wait to hear your u/s update and about graduating :smiley:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @northbeach3 ya that’s scary. Good luck to you for your ultrasound tomorrow 
  • **TW: pregnancy/child mentioned**
    @northbeach3 in response to your post, I want to be honest, there were days in my pregnancy with DD (heck, weeks) where I didn't think I would survive. I felt like I was dying, weak, on my way out. Between 1-1/2 weeks I lost 17lbs, more than 10% of my body weight. I was miserable, sneaking off to vomit in the hallway work bathroom several times a day. What is different this time isn't the degree of sickness, but I'm handling it better. Still miserable but better. But what is different this time around is that I look at my daughter, I love her so much, motherhood is not always pretty nor comfortable, so I look at her and it is so worth it. This really will pass! In the scheme of things, it is a few weeks. Right now, hours tick by and yes, I'm miserable. I have already gotten the heartburn that lasted my whole pregnancy until right after delivery last time, so bad I couldn't even drink water without bad reflux the whole pregnancy and in order to lay back for delivery they had to give me an antacid through my IV during labor. I have for the last week already started sleeping straight up against pillows on the wall. I was hoping to get farther along before having to sleep this way. Yep, pretty sucky. As I type this I hate that taste in my mouth that only goes away if I'm actually chewing something with a good flavor, but as soon as it's swallowed there comes that sick taste again. I feel like I'm rambling, but yes, you can do this. It is hard but it is so so incredibly worth it (I know you know that :) ) You asked how we who are already moms convinced ourselves to sign up for the first trimester again...well, after suffering the nausea, vomiting, and hearburn, and then delivering DD, within not even an hour into recovery I looked at DH and said "I so want to do this again!" There is such a bond between a mother and their child, it just takes control of your brain and emotion. It is crazy, maybe not rational, but it is awesome, and you (we) will get there! Good luck today at your appointment!

• @bkatp yes, if all goes well Thursday it's our graduation appointment. And I'm seeing the NP at a new local clinic on Wednesday so that'll be good. Does anyone know if it's okay to get ultrasounds two days in a row?  I'm imagining the NP might want to do one but I'm already having one at the RE the next day, so?
  • TW kids
    @northbeach3 the simple answer, for me, is that it's temporary. The nausea, the heartburn, the tiredness, the pain when going up the stairs - it's all temporary. And I know every pregnancy is different - last time the nausea was worse but this time it lasts longer, last time I had my energy back during second trimester, this time I'm even more tired. But at the end of the day, in the big scheme of things, it will all go away.
    And when, fingers crossed, you hold your baby in your arms, for the first time, the second time and every time after, it becomes more and more worth it, more and more rewarding, like going through the pregnancy and everything that came before is some kind of badge of honor.
    It might seem like the worse time right now, but keep looking forward, to the end goal, and you'll be ok  :):)
    I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes without a hitch  <3
  • Thanks veteran moms for the words of wisdom and encouragement. It’s a helpful reminder that there’s light at the end of the tunnel as well as renewed desire to do it all over again for the blessing of an outcome. 

I still often wonder how some modern day women make it to work and then also pause and wonder how cave ladies way back in the day who were hunters and gatherers managed while feeling like crap. Haha. 

One more sleep til u\s tomorrow. Fx!

• @sungirl39 thanks for the pointer to eBay I would have bought it from amazon for 60$ 
  • Yay @northbeach3!!  I was only on suppositories but I went from 3/day to 2/day at 10 weeks, then down to 1/day at the beginning of 11 weeks for another like 10 days (when I ran out).  I had spotting but had also had an SCH that had just disappeared so I’m not sure which caused it.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @northbeach3 Yay! Great u/s!!! I was only on two suppositories a day because I did a natural FET and my RE told me I could go off at 10 weeks. I had enough for two more weeks so I went down to 1 suppository/day for a week, then one every other day for the next 6 days, then went two days in a row without and used my last suppository on the 3rd day and then I was done. I was really hoping my nausea and cramping would let up once I went off the progesterone but I noticed absolutely no difference. I hope you are luckier than I am symptom-wise!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• thanks for the weaning tips, ladies!

i'll have to count how many suppositories I have left... seems like I want to continue the 2x/day for the next week to get me to 10w.  What about shots? I was on PIO 1x/week (on sundays). i guess i can see what combo makes sense with what i have left.

my DH and I are still very tentative but happy to have the reassurance today. it still just seems all so surreal. 

• @northbeach3 I’d just cut the PIO out and wean the suppositories.  1/week isn’t really worth weaning IMHO.  I’d do 2 supp. /day for a week then 1/day then 1/EOD if you have enough.  I stopped after 1/day and had no issues with it.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @northbeach3 yay! Just the news I was hoping to hear - I know how surreal this must all feel ! It seems like the journey is going nowhere and taking forever sometimes ... but then things suddenly start going your way and it’s hard to believe. I graduated from my RE this time last year with similar feelings of trepidation and ‘can this be real?’...and we just finished a busy day at Disney with our perfect 7 month old. Take it a day at a time you’ll get there!!😊😊. 

I didn’t wean but I also stopped meds cold at 12 weeks which is later. I stopped around my first ob appt for reassurance. You should do whatever makes you feel comfortable so if weaning works , do it. If you are anxious about stopping I doubt your RE would object to let you go to 12 weeks or first Ob appt on the meds. Your mental state is important too! 

The transition to regular OB can be rough but be your own advocate. Most OBs understand what we’ve gone through to get to this point and are happy to offer extra scans and appts if you ask. My high risk OB was awesome so I hope you get a good one too 😃 I didn’t see him until I was getting close to delivery (my OB called him to consult on my suspected pre-E at 35 weeks; he recommended delivery early since he felt like he needed to be more aggressive since it was IVF and he didn’t want to take a single risk on something so precious and hard to achieve ). He was very well informed on every topic imaginable and made me feel like all would be handled smoothly. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @northbeach3 yay! congratulations I'm so happy for you! a girl! so cute! is that what you're hoping for? is that going to be your 1st kid, or you have one already, sorry I forgot if you mentioned it... very happy for you and your family! 
  • @northbeach3 congrats to finally making it to graduation! I’m so happy for you! We are going to get our thb!!
  • @babydust2507 it will be my first, yes! it seems very early for him to be able to tell, but i won't complain if it turns out being a girl.  i've been very hesitant to put it out "in to the ether" in terms of which gender i'd prefer... but i have had dreams it was a girl and my friend had a dream it was a girl.  so... yeah, i shouldn't get too attached just yet. lol

• also, how is everyone doing?  day by day, it gets more clear that i really am on a "burger diet".  i'm craving all the red meat and only burgers sound good. lol.

• @northbeach3 congratulations on graduation. Awesome that he was able to predict gender this early. I am still 2 times a day PIO until this Friday and then once a day for 2 weeks more. I wish my RE kept me for one more week cos I am almost going into 3 weeks without ultrasound until I meet my ob gyn which is making me slightly nervous. I am still taking it day by day.

@Momifbysea good luck with ur ultrasound tomorrow 
  • @northbeach3 congratulations! That is great news!

I had my first appt today with the nurse practitioner. It was good but no monitoring - no biggie since my RE ultrasound is tomorrow. She opted not to do a pap as she said we'll just wait til after the baby. Fine with me!

**TW** child mentioned: DH is out with DD trick or treating in our new neighborhood where we just bought a house in June. I feel like I'm missing out on meeting neighbors, etc. Several have chimineas/firepits going in driveways and people get really into Halloween, but honestly, I'm so sick tonight that I couldn't do the walking. So...I'm here giving out candy while they go be social. Remind me again - these weeks will pass right? I think I'm more worried at the moment about my growing heartburn and I know that stuck with me all the way through labor and delivery last time. Ugh!!! Okay, thanks for letting me vent there...

• @northbeach3 so excited to hear of your update! so happy to hear that you found out on the gender too! I'm told to stop all meds at 11 weeks, which i'm going to taper too. I was told to stay on progesterone suppositories by itself once a day for a week, then every other day for 1 week, then stop. I will say i can't wait to stop the PIO. I can't feel half of my butt from all the injections, so that will be a welcome relief.

On some days, i am not as nauseated, then i freak out. Only to be hit hard later in the evening or the next day. Took my 6 year old out for trick or treating tonight and was so nauseated the whole time. I'm glad she had fun though because all i could think of was when are we going home? i'll buy you the candy lol. Thank goodness hubby made it later in the evening, so at least i didn't have to carry the halloween candy, which ended up being at least 5-7 pounds. I'd say we are well stocked for 2019.
    ***** child/loss TW *****
    natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
    9/2015 chemical pregnancy
    Initial workup: 
         AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
         Antral Follicle Count: 5
         FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
         LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
         Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • @northbeach3  Such Huge Congratulations on graduating!!!! I'm so so incredibly happy for you!! I know you've been through such a rough road and even had some scares along the way this time - I'm so genuinely excited to see you finally get here <3<3<3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• @babyhopeful442 you mentioned you lost feeling from PIO and I’m having the same issue. About 3 week’s ago DH hit a nerve, burned like fire and shot down my leg. My left side of hip about halfway down my thigh has been numb since and I hope I get feeling back. Wondering if any grads know about this? We do PIO nightly so I have a lot of injections left. Back to you, I’m impressed you went out trick or treating, brave! How are you getting your fluids with the nausea? Would appreciate any tips.
  • @northbeach3 congratulations on graduating! You've made it this far, allow yourself to be excited and happy! Yes, the road is still long but that's no reason to not be happy.

@Momifbysea about the PIO - I had almost the same thing - either me or DH injected too close to the nerve in my right buttock and I lost feeling in a large area. I'm glad to report that after a few weeks (and by few I mean at least 7), the feeling is mostly back, and is improving all the time.
    The thing about the nerves is that you have to give them time to heal.
    I would talk to your doctor about it and see if he wants to change your protocol or if he is comfortable keeping it like this. Nerve damage can be a lasting thing in some cases so always consult your doctor.
  • @Momifbysea how’d the us go? I hope everything is ok and looking good. Thinking about you and your little bean. 

• Sorry for the delay! We got backup from the drive with less than an hour to make some Mac and cheese, do two FaceTimes to tell the grandparents we are pregnant, and do our PIO on time so it was hectic. Everything is good- at 8+4 measured 8+3, so we have gained a day from the first U/S where we were 2 days behind, and heartbeat was 175, up from 121 two weeks ago.

I know I’m being sensitive and in the older generation there’s just not an understanding of IVF but my MIL laughed and said “so are we expecting one or five?” She has no idea how it works nor that at my age having that many would’ve be highly unlikely. We told her and my BIL who lives with her that when they visit at Christmas we will tell them the full details which will take prob two hours. My parents knew we had one transfer left so were prepared but I do remember my dad being really worried a year and a half ago that we would be like octomom. I just see it as a need for education. I am planning on making a video of our story like a lot of girls do, but don’t think I could have it done by Christmas.