Baby Names

A sibling for Penelope and Zoe

This is totally hypothetical at the moment, but DH and I plan to start trying for number 3 this coming spring. We kind of have a Greek theme with our names but it isn’t absolutely necessary that it continues... mostly because I can’t think of any others that I like, except for Phoebe, but DH isn’t sold on that. 

Thanks!

Re: A sibling for Penelope and Zoe

• I like Phoebe but wouldn’t do it with Penelope as a sibling.

Alexandra
    Calista
    Carissa
    Daphne
    Helena
    Iris
    Lydia
    Sophie

• In keeping with the Greek theme..
    Calliope
    Cassandra
    Anastasia
    Ariadne
    Cora
    Delia
  • Loading the player...
  • Adding

Agatha
    Despina
    Artemis
    Thessaly
    Charis

• Athena
    Apollo
  • @mb0112 Do you think that Penelope and Phoebe sound too similar, or is it just that you wouldn’t use two names that begin with the same letter?
  • I don’t love them sharing a letter but that wouldn’t be a deal breaker.  I think the combo of the P and the “eee” sound at the end make them too similar.  They also share an “o” when written although you don’t hear that in Phoebe’s pronunciation.  To me, Penelope and Phoebe are both familiar but quirky, and Zoe seems like an odd girl out with the letters and also being more mainstream/popular.
  • @mb0112 It is so funny that you say Zoe would seem like the odd one out to you, because my one reservation with the name Phoebe was that, to me, the name Penelope would seem out of place. Zoe and Phoebe both sound fun and quirky to me, while Penelope seems more girly and reserved. When I found out my second was going to be a girl DH and I were originally trying to find a name for her that seemed just as “princess-y” as Penelope and I couldn’t do it. 😂 so, I’m really happy to hear that there are people that perceive the name Penelope as quirky! You made my day!