Pregnant after IF
Options

Post TWW but prior to first US fitness

autumnlvsautumnlvs member
edited October 2018 in Pregnant after IF
Anyone resume exercising after their TWW after FET? I haven’t gotten any instructions from my RE (still waiting on a response from my clinic while slowly going crazy). My RE at some point told me to keep it low impact, and then said to just take it easy... no idea what that means as my job is pretty physically demanding (which RE knows) :smile: Not planning on starting anything without formal recs, but just wondering if anyone is doing/did anything beyond walking.

Re: Post TWW but prior to first US fitness

• Options
    I did not, but I was on light activity due to spotting. I think anything not too strenuous that you did before pregnancy should be fine, but your RE seems to be giving mixed signals. I wouldn't be lifting or moving heavy objects, but a low impact sport (one that doesn't cause any stress on knees/joints/etc) like swimming or yoga should be okay. 

And walking isn't perfectly safe either heh. I was about 9 weeks when Hurricane Irma hit our area and went walking around the neighborhood to survey damage and slipped on some wet leaves. Hit the ground with a bang! Ouch. I was freaked out but the nurse said not to worry! 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    I did some running in my tww just because I was used to running about 8-10 miles a week pre-transfer. I stopped doing HIITs after transfer though. I stopped running at about 7-8 weeks and switched to elliptical. My RE told me to listen to my body and stop if I get out of breath or start cramping. You can also find YouTube videos with prenatal exercises and yoga. But don't do anything without your RE's approval!  I think the rule is that you can do what you are used to doing or lighter, but don't start anything new.
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My RE told me that I can continue to exercise as usual, just don’t start anything new or strenuous. Like if you weren’t running a marathon before, don’t start. The only form of exercise I got before transfer was walking so I continued walking. At 16 weeks I started prenatal Pilates and continued into 36 weeks. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    @mbradfo2 @DecemberDoll27 @cashewchicken thank you, ladies! it's nice to hear all of you were active to varying degrees with successful pregnancies; I appreciate advice so much! I got the ok to use the elliptical, will continue to hope for a nice swim in the future :smile: