May 2019 Moms
Options

Weigh Yo'self Week of Oct 22nd

I saw that a lot of us had requested this thread but nobody started it, yet. So i took the initiative.  I couldn't come up with a good name for it.  If anyone has any suggestions please shoot.  Im seriously lacking in creativity right now.  

Re: Weigh Yo'self Week of Oct 22nd

• Options
    I've gained way too much.  Im now on my 3rd round of prednisone and modified bed rest so that weight is going nowhere, fast. Fun times!

• Options
    I've lost 4 lbs in the last 10 days because I can't hold much down. Sent OB a message about it to see if I should be changing things up or need to come in soon to check on LO if I keep losing weight. My BMI is borderline obese to begin with so it's not like I'm disappointed the pounds are going away. Just wanna make sure LO is checking out good.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hadn’t weighed myself since about a month before my IVF transfer so I’m not sure exactly what I started at. I was on strict bed rest eating lots of diner fries (that’s all that sounded good) so I was terrified my weight was going to be so high but I’m down 16 lbs. Not sure what to make of that. Im already pretty overweight so I doubt it’s a huge issue but hoping to stop losing ASAP. 
  • Options
    I’ve been gaining weight pretty consistently. Like 2 weeks ago my brother even told me I look bigger, like I was starting to look pregnant, and I was only like 7 1/2 weeks, so it upset me. My OB said she doesn’t mind if I gain up to 60lbs this pregnancy, but from what I’ve read online I’m a little concerned.
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • Options
    I'm up 5lbs since finding out I'm pregnant (I'm 12 weeks now). It's all in my stomach (but food, not baby). I told myself to be good; to exercise, stretch, watch what I'm eating. Even though I barely had morning sickness, I still want all the carbs. And I've been eating most of them. Hopefully I can rein it in for the second trimester.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @eatineatermelonseeds That's a good affirmation to keep in mind! I appreciate you sharing your inner thoughts. I could use them too. My weight has yo-yo'd ever since I got married in 2008. I'd just gotten to the lowest weight I'd been since high school (but was healthy and fit instead of just young lol) when I got pregnant with DD in 2012. And I just let pregnancy take over my body and ate "what baby wanted" all the time. I think I gained 55lbs with her. I let fall off what would fall off, and then just got stagnant. When she was 9 months old, I got serious about eating right and exercising, and got down to a nearly ideal size in 2014. I have gained and lost the same 10-12lbs for the last 4 years. It's awful. I started this pregnancy with those extra 12lbs. So know you are not along in the struggle. I am also not trying to think about it. I don't weigh myself at home; I just wait for doctor's appointments. This will be our last (planned) pregnancy, so I just want to enjoy it. I already haven't been able to yet due to PGAL, but I don't want this hang up too. I do need to add healthier foods in more frequently though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I’m down 5lbs. I spent weeks 8-11 with my head in a toilet 5 times a day. It’s slowly getting better. But, all day nausea with gagging vs puking. I can’t wait
    to gain weight if it means no nausea. 😭😭
  • Options
    I feel like my weight fluctuates so much. In the AM I'll be one weight and then PM will literally be 4 lbs heavier. It's obviously not possible to gain 4 lbs in a day (or is it?), so I'm trying to just ease off the scale and go by how my clothes are fitting to get a sense for how much I'm gaining/how quickly. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 when not pregnant I still would fluctuate 3-5 lbs/day. I like to weigh myself in the morning before I've had anything to eat and use that as my baseline.

I actually haven't been weighing myself this pregnancy and my clothes still fit fine but I think I should just to keep track of health, especially since I need to eat to not feel sick. I gained about 35 last time and my OB wasn't worried but I'd like to gain less this time around. Though last pregnancy I wasn't active and this time I workout 2-3x/week. I have a scale that connects via bluetooth to an app on my phone and gives biometric info. I wish there was an "I'm pregnant" option though so it wouldn't just be like "you're getting fat, stop".

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge That's good to know. I honestly never weighed myself much before pregnancy, and certainly not multiple times a day. I like using the AM as the baseline. Plus it's always the lower number which I'm not mad about :p

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 @DuchessOfCambridge I bought a scale last pregnancy because of the fluctuations. I would gain nothing in 4 weeks and then 7lbs according to them but it was all gradual and just depended on what time of day I was there since I fluctuated by about 4lbs (and am now) within a day.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I've gained 4 lbs. At 11+4 I'm a little worried about the next few months and holidays. Need to find some energy to get back to walking. Just coming out of morning sickness and I relied so much on carbs to settle my stomach. 
  • Options
    Lost 4 lbs up to this point due to HG. Hoping we can find a combo of meds for this pregnancy that help. So far it’s a no go.
  • Options
    I hit my exact prepregnancy weight for ds2 the week I found I was pregnant with this little nugget lol. I am actually down 2 lbs, but mostly because food is unappealing and makes me nauseous so I have trouble eating anything more than a small meal at a time. I am weighing myself mon and Friday but mostly because with ds1 i let it go and gained way too much weight too fast (I gained 55 lbs his pregnancy) so I like to keep track to know if I need to slow down or go ahead and eat the ice cream lol. Despite the lack of weight gain all my pants are definitely fitting tighter and uncomfortable so things are definitely starting to show a little more. My OB said 25-35 lbs of weight gain and my goal is to really try to stick to that. I need to get walking more too since other workouts are off the table with me being on pelvic rest. 
  • Options
    megsb615megsb615 member
    edited October 2018
    I also don’t want to focus too much on the number on the scale, but it does make me feel a little better that some people have also gained around 5 pounds. I had an appt yesterday (10 weeks), and I was up 5 pounds from when I went at 6 weeks. I need to start walking again on my lunch breaks like I was doing before I got pregnant. I just felt so bad in the beginning that I fell out of my routine. I finally got motivated and got below my prepregnancy weight in April (my son turned 2 in August), so I’m not looking forward to putting on the weight again. I gained almost 35 with DS, so I hope to stay around that this time too. This belly sure is pouchy already though, and some of my shirts aren’t doing me any favors lately. 
  • Options
    I'm 11+2 and I've gained 4lbs. My weight fluctuates from morning to night so I'm also using the AM weight as a baseline. I'm also trying not to stress about it, but carbs have been the easiest to keep down and I'm exercising less. Really looking forward to feeling better so I can be more active again. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I’m kinda depressed about my weight right now, at 11+5. At my prenatal appointment scale said I gained 13 pounds!!! Granted that’s with my clothes AND Uggs on, but still. I don’t get it because I eat really well, and haven’t changed my eating habits at all. I also do very intense cardio/strength training 5 days a week. I was on the thin side pre-pregnancy, even had a hint of a 6 pack. And even now I look exactly the same except for a really big belly. So it really bugged me that my midwife gave me a lecture on nutrition as if I’m eating wonder bread and twinkies, and then told me my upper belly is “all bloat” because my uterus is “way down there” (yet it’s still about halfway between my pubic bone and belly button, which is big for 11 weeks). And I’m pretty sure the “bloat” she’s talking about in my upper belly is my organs being displaced by my uterus!

sorry, needed to vent. 
  • Options
    I’m 12w1d and I had gained 4-5 lbs but with being so sick and not really eating all week, I have lost 4 lbs.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    I’ve finally put on weight! 12+2 and all I was doing was losing, thanks Petri dishes I call students for giving me the stomach flu! 😂 It was only .5 pound but I’m happy to be gaining a little something after the hell that was month two of pregnancy.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited October 2018
    @sleyepy33 That's kind of where I'm at. We own a scale but I put it away in the closet yesterday. I wasn't weighing myself a ton, but it was enough to be making me stressed, even though it was just a pound or two. I also turn around at the doctor, have told them I don't want to know, I would just rather be told whether I'm gaining appropriately. When I was pregnant with DD2 I was gaining only a pound or two between each appt, until the holidays hit, and I gained 6 (it was also around month 6...). One of my doctors was like "weeeeell, it's a bit much to be gaining so we're going to need to keep an eye on that!" I was less than pleased with him. I stopped wanting to know specifics then and there.
  • Options
    I've actually lost about 7lbs so far. Granted, I am a plus-size woman, so I have a lot of room to lose. I also had morning sickness about once a day for two months. Combine that with the fact that I'm not drinking anymore, and it makes sense for me to be losing. I'm just waiting for it to whip around the other way. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm up 6 lbs. from when I got my BFP. I was doing Whole 30 the entire month of Aug. so I think that kind of kick started the weight gain once I was done and started eating all the carbs to keep the nausea away. I've tapered off a bit over the last couple of weeks though, thankfully. I gained 34 lbs with DS so I am hoping to stay around that this time, but I didn't gain any weight until I was 15 weeks so it'll be interesting to see how things go this time. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    I also dont own a scale but unfortunately I go to the dr A LOT. So I’ve got a detailed accounting of my weight over the past 3 years (beginning from 8 wks with DD). I’m right about the same weight at the same point as I was with DD (although I think I started slightly lower this time). 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 I hope you find something that works! Nausea is just the pits.

@siouxsieq7404 if you're eating healthy, it  sounds like that's the most important thing. I've heard, but totally don't know since I'm a FTM, that sometimes weight gain isn't even, like a pound every week.I've heard it can be nothing and then *bam* 4 pounds show up. 
  • Options
    I've gained 3 pounds so far. Which is great since I'm  only supposed to gain 15 to 25 since I'm so overweight.  So far I'm on track. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @minnemiska my last pregnancy, the scale at the Drs was lower than the one at home. That was so nice 😂. This time it is higher (or perhaps my scale is more accurate) and I am totally feeling you on stripping down. 
  • Options
    With my DS, almost 2, I lost 15lbs in the beginning and gained a total of 34. With this second I’ve lost 12lbs! My OB isn’t worried and neither am I. It’s been hard to eat and I can’t really keep anything down but we’re 10 weeks 4 days and I’m so excited to be able to eat again. My weight goal is 20-25 lbs because before pregnancy I was only 15lbs from the weight when I gave birth to DS. 
  • Options
    @minnemiska saaaame. I always take my shoes off even if they eyeroll at me and I make them let me do the pee in a cup thing before I get weighed. IT MATTERS. 

• Options
    Definitely took my shoes off yesterday when I was weighed at my appointment. Granted, I was wearing a sweatshirt and bulkier clothes as well. Clothes, shoes, full bladders totally make a difference!
  • Options
    I'm honestly starting to consider getting rid of my scale and turning around at my doctor's appointments. I'm so curious, but then I see it and it makes me feel really awful. So, I am seriously considering just going eating better, and doing that and letting my doctor tell me if or when she's concerned. 
  • Options
    I'm honestly starting to consider getting rid of my scale and turning around at my doctor's appointments. I'm so curious, but then I see it and it makes me feel really awful. So, I am seriously considering just going eating better, and doing that and letting my doctor tell me if or when she's concerned. 
    I did that at appointments before getting pregnant. Just make sure tou remind them each time to not tell you. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020