April 2019 Moms

Can I complain? (Not pregnancy related?)

Uggh!  I'm so annoyed.  My DH has a friend that has 4 extra tickets to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway this weekend.  He's giving them away for FREE.  I LOVE HP, and would love to go to NYC, as I've never been.  Except we have tickets to see Elton John on Saturday here in Chicago.  So, I had resigned myself to not going to NYC, and then he got my hopes up and booked airfare to NYC.  And then this morning he crushed my soul and said that we really can't go, because we need to buy nursery furniture and I want to buy a dining room set before Christmas (since we are hosting  :# ).  I'm just so sad.  I can't believe this opportunity slipped through my hands.  Not totally because of the concert, but that's a big factor too- he's afraid we won't be able to sell our tickets.  I'm also aggravated because our tickets suck (nosebleed seats) and when we saw Elton in February, I was literally on the stage next to him-for one song, but I was there! So, this concert isn't even going to remotely compare and I'm afraid I'm just going to be so jaded about not being in NYC that I'm not going to have fun.  
Ok, I'm going to stop whining now.  Thanks for listening to me vent. 

Re: Can I complain? (Not pregnancy related?)

• @aqualicious, that sucks :frowning:.  I would be upset too!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kaitykinskaitykins member
    edited October 2018
    I wish I could solve all your problems. And I’d love to see that live. <3 adulting  is hard. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks to both of you!  Total first world problem here.  I realize I sounded like a whiny spoiled brat “wahh, I can’t jet off to New York for the weekend” it was just depressing knowing that those opportunities are few and far between, and once the little guy gets here, it’s going to be impossible to do things like that.  If this is the biggest problem in my life, I have to say I’m pretty damn fortunate. 
  • kangstadtkangstadt member
    edited October 2018
    We're all allowed to have feelings!  First world problems or not, haha.  Are you a FTM?  I know it definitely seems like those opportunities won't be possible after adding a baby, but I promise you can make them happen, it just might take more work and planning!  I'm lucky to be close to my parents, so DH and I have had a few "vacations," either out of town alone or just dropping the kid off for a sleepover so we can have a night to ourselves.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt, yes I’m a FTM.  I know that we’ll still be able to get away, I already have family asking when they can babysit, it’s just not going to be spontaneous like this would have been.  And it probably won’t be anytime soon.  Oh well, no big deal.  I’ll get over it (if my DH stops joking about how we aren’t in New York right now.  I might kill him!)