Re: Appointments and Updates 10/21

• When is your appointment  
    Friday

How far along will you be? 
    36w1d

What is being addressed? 
    Weekly check up 

Questions/comments/concerns:
    I'm very curious to see how I'm progressing. I wish I could get an estimation in baby's size. The suspense is killing me.
  • Loading the player...
  • When is your appointment?

Thursday afternoon.

36 + 6

What is being addressed? 

The first of my weekly NST's (because...reasons, I guess; thanks ridiculously over-cautious OB!)

I don't really mind doing NST's so much, but I'm going to hate going to the hospital every week and it's nearly impossible to get a sitter for my twins every week.  OB says just bring them with me and let the L&D nurses watch them.  Yeah, okay...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @MojieJo I also hate the weekly NSTs, and i also need to get my fluid checked once a week via ultrasound. I can’t always schedule them back to back so that usually means two trips a week. Starting next week at 36 weeks I need 2 NSTs a week. I’ve tried to schedule all of these extra appointments for when my toddler is in morning preschool, but it feels like all of my free time is now devoted to doctors appointments. 
  • When is your appointment
    Wednesday, 10/24

36weeks

What is being addressed?
    Weekly checkup and ultrasound to see what position he is in.

Did he flip?!?!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @millerbear56 omg so close!!! and are you really checking in just after midnight?! that is so cruel!
  • @millerbear56 - Sorry I don't remember - why are you being induced early? Thursday will be here before you know it! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @MojieJo I also hate the weekly NSTs, and i also need to get my fluid checked once a week via ultrasound. I can’t always schedule them back to back so that usually means two trips a week. Starting next week at 36 weeks I need 2 NSTs a week. I’ve tried to schedule all of these extra appointments for when my toddler is in morning preschool, but it feels like all of my free time is now devoted to doctors appointments. 
    Same here. Weekly fluid checks and weekly NSTs. Thankfully this week they’re scheduled back to back. Last week I had to go twice. Not so easy to navigate with two other kids and full time work! 
  • When is your appointment?
    Wednesday 

38 weeks 

What is being addressed? 
    Fluid check, NST, and going over procedures for the C section on Nov 1. I didn’t have a C section with my other two so I’m freaking out. 

All my questions and concerns are regarding the C section and recovery. 
  • @mockingjay1 due to his size, excess amniotic fluid, and I’m old 😊
  • @booksandcoffee Let me know if you questions about c section. I've had 2, one super easy and then this one that was the worst. The big thing about them is to get up and move as soon as possible. Seems counter intuitive, but it helps so much!
  • laasmithlaasmith member
    edited October 2018
    When is your appointment? Thursday Oct 25

How far along will you be? 38 weeks on the dot

What is being addressed? Weekly check-up. 

Questions/comments/concerns: My OB had mentioned the possibility of induction at 39 weeks, or earlier, depending on my blood pressure. Not sure if that was a "we're definitely inducing at 39 weeks at the latest, but it could also be earlier" or if it was a "we'll induce at 39 only if your blood pressure is high." My blood pressure has been mostly ok lately, so who knows. Also, less related to appointments... my husband's company was acquired yesterday, and 80% of the company was laid off, with only that day's notice. He was re-hired to the new company THANKFULLY (especially because the laid off employees won't have COBRA because the old company no longer exists), but that means a change in insurance. I'm afraid that means I'll have to change OBs/hospitals/etc, a new deductible, etc etc. Grateful to have health insurance at all, and that he has a job, but the timing couldn't be worse. We'll find out more today, hopefully. I go to a big hospital/integrated health clinic, and they take most insurance, so I'm cautiously optimistic. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @laasmith - ugh I’m sorry for the change in insurance. I totally get it. We met our family out of pocket max in February this year and changed insurances due to DHs job in July. Our deductible and OOP max are much higher and we are a little more limited who we can see (though we did move locations so it’s hard to compare). Hopefully you’ll still be able to see the same docs and deliver at the same hospital!
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• mockingjay1mockingjay1 member
    edited October 2018
    Sorry for the double post. The mobile app won’t let me delete it. 

My appointment is in an hour. Weekly BPP and appointment. I’m 37w4d. Hopefully baby gets an 8/8 like he/she has been and fluid levels are still good. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• laasmithlaasmith member
    edited October 2018
    @mockingjay1 Thanks for the encouragement-- they're trying to get the same plan (the deductible is low, so when that re-ups, it won't be too big of a deal). Fingers crossed.

Had my appt today. Everything is looking good! 2 cm dilated, 60% effaced. She said that for chronic hypertension, she doesn't want me going too much past 39 weeks, but that since my blood pressure has been normal for a while, it might be ok to wait. But it sounds like her recommendation is to strip my membranes next week (at 39 weeks exactly), and if I don't start laboring by 39+5, induce me. I'm not excited about the pain involved in either of these, or birth in general (will have an epidural though), but am getting excited to meet my little girl!

Also, dude, these cervical exams are NOT comfortable. I've been mildly crampy all day since.
  • ughhhhhhh I was supposed to be induced Monday at 39+2 but they are full!  So they told me to call Monday and see if I can get in Tues, Wed...whatever I want.  Well...I don't know what I want! Part of me wants it ASAP, part of me wants to take the 20 month old out trick or treating....
  • @middleschoolmommy that sounds *so* uncomfortable, so hooray about the induction! Hope it all goes well :)
  • @BabyBoyH92016 @MojieJo be glad you only have one weekly NST... I've got 3! Oh joy ;) 

When is your appointment: Today, 2 Thursday and 1 on Friday. Hooray! 

How far along will you be? So grateful I'm 36 weeks today - we're getting there! 

What is being addressed? Today - biophysical (basically just a scan and NST at MFM). Thursday - hematologist check-in for blood clots and OBGYN appt with NST, Friday - another biophysical at MFM

Questions/comments/concerns: Just dying to know when we will meet this baby and getting extremely exhausted from all the appointments, testing, monitoring, injections, etc. not to mention my stomach is just one big bruise from these twice daily blood thinner shots I have to give myself, making it very unpleasant to sleep on my sides. I just want a firm date to look forward to so I can focus on the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. Yesterday I had a dentist appointment scheduled on top of my already crazy schedule this week so I drove the 30 mins there only for them to tell me they'd accidentally booked it for November 29th. Guess who just about lost their mind? I feel kind of bad for the receptionist... haha