April 2019 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in 10/23

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: STM+ Check-in 10/23

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 15+2? Eggo waffle?

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS - 3.5

How are your other kids doing this week? He drove me crazy over the weekend. But overall he's good.  Friday is his daycare Halloween party in the morning and my work Halloween party in the afternoon so I'm excited to have that time with him. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I kinda ranted about this already in a check-in, but I'm sad that I can't feel them moving yet. I know it's early, but it's just bumming me out every time I feel a wiggle and it's just gas.  Also this acne could go away ANYTIME.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO? I love going to a nice dinner at a new restaurant with him, then going to a bar for dancing/karaoke/pool and darts. Not thrilling but that was what we did all the time when we started dating. It's nice to get back to that. 
  • Options
    @MRDCle now I want a Eggo waffle. I can't really feel my one tiny human move so I can imagine how frustrating it is. I'm ready for movement because then I will feel better that they are doing ok. 

How far along are you? How big is baby? 14.3 - playing card

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD - 2

How are your other kids doing this week? She's good. We moved her into a twin bed and she loves her big girl bed.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Similar to @MRDCle - ready for movement. Tired of headaches. Need more energy to start prepping for this LO to arrive because once mid-third trimester hits, I'm done and cranky.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO? Right now, it's a nice dinner out, sometimes a movie after or doing something like Top Golf. Or if he were to take me out right now, I'd want to go home after dinner and go to sleep. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    13+4, lemon sized. 

1, DD, 18mos

She’s been doing well. I love this stage. She’s learning so much. She’s a little verbally advanced so I’m loving having conversations with her in ways literally only I can understand because I stay home with her and know what her mispronunciations means. Lol. 

R/R/Q: I have far fewer questions this time around. Less anxiety too, I guess. I will add that I can’t wait for movement either. I felt DD at 16 weeks, and there’s no guarantee I’ll feel this one that early, so it all seems so far away at this point. 

GTKY: I just like dates. Where we are forced to talk to one another, and not about work or DD. It’s been awhile since we had one. 

• Options
    @HGRich on the way to our last date I was telling a story and DH goes "Shhh! No! We need stuff to talk about at dinner!" :D 
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 16weeks - size of a pop can or action figure

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1DD she's 2

How are your other kids doing this week? Still throwing out her independence. She wants to do everything by herself or wants to constantly be helping. We try to accommodate but she accidentally burned herself trying to help us cook dinner (we do our best to have her avoid the stove and knives but her pinky got too close and we didn't quite catch it in time to completely avoid the burner). I think she learned her lesson on that one, it didn't blister because I caught it before her whole hand went on it but it was hot enough that she freaked out.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Still concerned about the previa but I'm trying to relax and enjoy the fact that I haven't spotted in a week. Hopefully that means it's slowly moving out of the way. Rant wise I had breakfast today and felt like throwing up, I though the sickness was over.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO? I love my old school dinner and a movie dates. Dinner with just him where we can talk and just enjoy each other for awhile is precious time to me now.

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 16+2, Avocado

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS-2

How are your other kids doing this week? He is a mess, but a great mess! He is learning so much and talking non stop and SO excited for his baby sister. He will probably change his tune once she is here.. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Acne is out of control, hormones are out of control.. and a new symptom, blurred vision.. which totally freaks me out.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO? Its been so long I don't really even remember what we did pre-baby... Dinner and drinks, sometimes the local country western bar for some two stepping if we are feeling crazy.
  • Options
    Piccola1988Piccola1988 member
    edited October 2018
    @MRDCle enjoy the Halloween party!
    @mrstmoose I'm glad the bed transition went well!
    @HGRich chatting with your little one sounds so fun :)

How far along are you? How big is baby?  13w6d

How many kids do you already have? Ages?  One son, 10 months

How are your other kids doing this week? He's a madman climbing all over everything!  We're starting to fix the mess we created feeding him all damn night long and we're down to basically one night feeding, BUT in the process he's been in our bed constantly, so that's going to be the next project.  I feel like we fix one problem and worsen another, but that's probably my fault because I refuse to let him cry.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I just complain about the same thing every week - I still feel terrible.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO?  When we were childless and living in the city we used to go eat at all the restaurants that were supposed to have the "best" something, especially pizza and burgers.  Pizza Fridays were the best!

*Edited because I forgot how far along I was.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 15 weeks, orange

How many kids do you already have? Ages?  5 yo DD, 2 yo DS

How are your other kids doing this week? Spent some one-on-one time with the kiddos this weekend and it completely wore me out, but was so important. I took them shopping to start to get ideas for Christmas list. All of our family lives out of state and they always ask me for ideas. Rather than make stuff up I follow them around the store and take pictures of the stuff they are interested. Later I put it on an online shareable wish list.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I work with all men and it has been pretty awkward telling them about my pregnancy. Honestly most of them have no clue how to respond. Dads with young kids are the best, but there aren't very many. At some point you just have to laugh, but I'll be happy to get through this awkward part.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO? When we lived in southern California we would frequently take the kiddos to Disneyland. My favorite part was the 2 hour drive there and the conversations DH and would have during the drive. 
  • Options
    16 weeks, baby is a avocado or apparently a chipmunk without a tail lol

DD 5, DS 2.5

I put DH in charge of re-sleep training DS. DH gets in a bad habit of letting him fall asleep on the couch with him so now DS doesn’t want to sleep in his own bed I’ve done it 4-5 times over the past year and I’m just too exhausted 
    DD has school picture retakes today, so I’m crossing my fingers that they’re better their time lol

I feel just as exhausted in this second trimester as the first! Where is my energy?! 

Dinner without the kids so we can actually talk. Or just going for a drive while the kids nap in the car
  • Options
    14w 1d as tall as a playing card?
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 almost 3 yr old 

How are your other kids doing this week? She is a bit emotionally unstable these days, a disappointment leads to crying and throwing herself down on the floor...
    Otherwise pretty good. 

It costs way too much to live in Northern California and it’s terrible and I’m getting ready for us to start looking for new job for my hubby and move nearer to family but now we need to wait until after baby probably at least after June to start looking and it’s discouraging  to not be able to save more. 

Raves i love my support group here. Especially church family. They have been so helpful. 

dinner and wandering in thrift stores. Or dinner and a movie. Recently with how hard it is to get out (we live 30 minutes from everything) we bought a lego kit and built legos together once a week and had intentional conversation after the toddler was in bed. That’s something we will do again probably after the holidays. 
  • Options
    Totally agree, @MRDCle.  I have an anterior placenta, so not sure when I'll start feeling movement.  I'm so ready to be sure it's the babe and not gas!

@HGRich, I love just listening to my 4yo's imaginative play.  He has this different voice he uses when he's making his toys talk.  It's adorable.

@angelob88, ouch, glad it didn't blister!  My nephew once fell and put his whole palm on my parent's woodstove... hand burns are so rough :neutral:.

@Piccola1988, I could never stand to let my little guy cry either.  A part of me would get so tired of being touched by the end of the day, and I would want my space, but then I remind myself that in a few more years he won't be climbing into our bed at 5am or need us so much.  They're only little once!  

15 weeks 6 days.  Uhhh... a lemon?  I'm not sure, haha.  Second kid syndrome!

One 4yo son.

Other than being incredibly obstinately defiant lately, he's been good.  My husband is at his wits end, and I admit, I get super frustrated when we ask DS to do something and he just tells us "no!"  By the end of the day, I basically check out and let DH deal with him.

Just the general fear of change and how we will come up with a new routine once we add this little one.  DH and I were both set on only having two, and I'll admit, now that we know this one is a boy as well, I'm considering trying to talk my husband into a third in a few years.  Not even sure I can handle three though, I just want a girl :expressionless: .  Also nervous about watching my nephew after this LO comes and figuring out our own babysitting situations. 

Working out together, going to trails to hike, playing D&D with friends or just board games by ourselves.  We're lucky that most of our activities are still able to be done with our very independent 4yo just watching his tablet or playing by himself while we play a game.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 14 + 5, peach

How many kids do you already have? Ages? N (DD), 8 months old

How are your other kids doing this week? N has a cold and is a boogery, congested mess.  I feel so bad for her, but she is so happy and smiley no matter what.  She never really sleeps at day care so she's always tired when she gets home, but now its even worse so with her being sick.  My husband always wants to come home and rile her up, so it's been a challenge to get him to just let her sleep now.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? We have two dogs at home, but we just found out my cousin is trying to get rid of her dog, who we love desperately and who is such a good boy.  There is a 100% chance we will take this dog if she's willing to give him to us.  I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it - I haven't been doing a great job staying on top of life right now, and we're already adding another human - but my husband and I couldn't live with ourselves if we let that dog wind up in a shelter.  Gah.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO?  What a nice question!  My favorite date: bagel and a movie.  I am the worst and I fall asleep at any normal-hour movie we attend, so my husband and I started going to matinees.  We went to a theater right by the best bagel place in the city.  The line always extends out the door, but if you're not getting your bagel cut, you can skip the line.  So we skip the line and each get a bagel and a tiny container of cream cheese, and we sneak them into the movies, and talk waiting for the movie to start, and then rip and dip our bagels throughout.  It is a good, simple day.  We recently moved and I'm lamenting everything we left behind in the city - these bagels are high on the list!
  • Options
    @kangstadt yes, exactly.  I want to soak up the snuggles as long as I can and it absolutely breaks my heart for him to  be left to cry just because he wants to be with us, when we're probably going to be the ones crying once he starts growing up!

@ashtuesday I LOVE BAGELS.  Are these bagels in NYC?  Which place?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Piccola1988 Ess-a-Bagel (insert drool emoji).  Uggggghhhhhh so good!  For my first meal after my daughter was born, I had my brother get me a turkey sandwich on an Ess-a-Bagel, and I can't think of a meal I've enjoyed more.
  • Options
    Piccola1988Piccola1988 member
    edited October 2018
    @ashtuesday I've heard of Ess-a-Bagel but I actually never went!  I avoided Midtown like the plague when I lived in the city so my loyalty went to Leo's downtown, which is so damn delicious.  HOWEVER, I do have to say, my go to bagel store in the burbs is just as good as any NYC bagel, if not better.  Actually, a bagel was my first meal after I had my son also!

ETA:  Dammit, now all I can think about is how much I want a bagel!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Piccola1988 You and me both!  Leo's is definitely delicious - they were my egg sandwich spot when I lived downtown.  Ess-a-B doesn't do egg sandwiches (or didn't - that might have changed when they expanded), but daaaaaamn do they know their way around a bagel.  I'm going to have a really hard time going to my train instead of taking a bagel detour!
  • Options
    @kangstadt I check out in the evening too when DH is home. After dinner I’m like done lol. 
    @ashtueday @Piccola1988 now I want a bagel and not my lame bagel thins in the pantry 
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 17+1/pomegranate/sunglasses

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 1.5

How are your other kids doing this week? Awesome. We continue to hear words and even sentences (“I want shoes”) though never ever repeated a second time. Also we’re making tons of progress on getting the ILs’ house (which we are living in for now) toddler-appropriate. This primarily involves finding alternative places to store things and gently ignoring MIL’s claims that they use them/agreeing to label where they are so she can easily find them.

Rave: Things have slowed down enough that DH can take DD for a few hours and I have time to sort and organize - my car, our storage, DD’s dresser, the closet...it’s early nesting for sure. Or just me finally being able to take care of things that I’ve been meaning to do forever. 

One of our favorite cheap dates is to drive around on a Saturday morning and scope out houses for sale. It’s castle-in-the-sky talk, without much in the way of business overtones, and it’s so nice to not be interrupted by anyone.
    I also really enjoy literally any dinner date that doesn’t involve baby wrangling.
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 14 weeks. Ish. I think? Too many different due dates to keep track. 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD-4

How are your other kids doing this week? Okay, she’s still eating a lot but starting having a nasty bit of constipation that is no fun for anyone. 

I just to feel better. 

i can probably count on one hand the number of real dates we’ve actually been on. lol. 

Lately we we have been taking a drive to this area not far from us and we drive around and talk and play Pokémon go. DD has always been great in the car and just watches everything and requests music. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    I just re-read this at work and now I want a bagel! Ugh.
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby?  15 weeks today; magic 8 ball

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS, 15M

better this week.  He had a reaction to one of his shots last week and was miserable through the weekend.  

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? been able to get HR on doppler which helps calm me down between appointments.  

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO?  dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and drinks (well, right now just for him).  We also love trying new places/food or going on day trips/ ta adventures.  We did that a lot before we became parents. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    Late to the party.... 
    How far along are you? How big is baby?  14 weeks today... 2nd tri woot. 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD 2

Been really well behaved and sweet. so I am waiting for some terror to come out. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Why am I still so Fing tired. Caved and we are doing a ultrasound at one of those private places in 2 weeks to find out the sex!

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO?  Usually food related and maybe a few stores. We don't drink much and its easier to go shopping sans toddler. Pre baby we did a lot of weekend get aways. Now we do 2 or so vacations a year with baby. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 15+4, the size of a yellow canary

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 5 year old DD

How are your other kids doing this week? She's doing well. Actually, she's adjusted to moving much better than I anticipated.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Every time I think I've gotten past PGAL hyper anxiety I just move on to some other milestone to freak out about. Anxiously awaiting the days of kicking & the anatomy scan, currently.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of date with your SO? We are both such introverts, so my favorite date involves us getting some delicious food to eat at home & snuggling up to watch something or play a game. Maybe a trip to a game or book store.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I wanted to add a second GTKY. After spending all day and yesterday running errands with two high energy kids I definitely missed being able to run errands without kids.