Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 10/22

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What is something that you are looking forward to doing with your LO(s) that you did as a child?

Re: TFAS w/o 10/22

• Options
    What number are you trying for? #2

Cycle/Month? 6/6

WTO/TWW? WTO, but may O today or tomorrow

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Temps are so much more steady since day weaning. We still nursing twice a day, but she's becoming less interested, so we may stop in the next month or so. Whenever I'm ready.

Any questions? Thoughts about the Graco Extend2Fit Convertible car seat? We still haven't moved DD out of her infant bucket seat, but she's about a half inch away from the length limit (but most of that is legs, not torso). So I'd like to get a convertible like now.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD had so much fun at a farm yesterday! We went and picked pumpkins and she ran through the corn maze. Then we came home to chili in the crockpot and it was a perfect fall outing.

GTKY: What is something that you are looking forward to doing with your LO(s) that you did as a child? Camping and hiking in the mountains! We went every year as a child and my DH loves hiking as well.
  • Options

Cycle/Month? 6/6

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 1.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Another cycle, another 20% chance. Hoping to be on the good side of the stats this time! (Also potential due date would be pretty much my birthday - good bday present for me?).

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I am loving this age! DS is just a little sponge, and has been listening and soaking up everything we do! He can follow simple commands and knows where we keep stuff (his hat/shoes/mr. fox, etc). Still waiting on his language to just blow up, but I guess I just have to be patient for that.

GTKY: What is something that you are looking forward to doing with your LO(s) that you did as a child? Taking him skiing and biking! He has a little toy shopping cart he pushes around, but lately he’s been tipping it over and “riding” it. I think he’s almost got the balance and wherewithal for a balance bike. Maybe a Santa gift? If not, then definitely for his birthday.

@marebear15 We tried out the graco extend2fit, graco slim and dionex something in our cars. We ended up with the graco slim because it gave us the best (smallest) front to back profile. If you have a huge car (and are of average height) it prolly won’t matter, but MH is super tall (6’3”) so he needs the leg room.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? #3

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? DS1 is 4, DS2 is 21 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really. 

Any questions? Not today

Rant/Rave/Brag: After fevers and night terrors last week, DS2 is back to sleeping well. So happy he is feeling better! The weather here is beautiful today, and I'm looking forward to a lot of outside play time!

GTKY: What is something that you are looking forward to doing with your LO(s) that you did as a child?
    We use to rent a beach house for a week, every summer with all of my cousins. I hope that we can do something similar with my boys and the cousins! Some of my favorite memories are from that time, and I would love see all of the cousins together every year!

@marebear15 we are also looking at the graco extend 2 fit. We need a second car seat in DHs car, so I think we will get the extend for my car, and put the old one in DHs car since it'll be used less.

@lillywonderland this age is so fun! 1.5-2 has definitely been my favorite so far! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @marebear15 and @nolemomma14 :  I have the Graco E2F and LOVE it.  We use it in my husbands car (which is our road-trip vehicle, too).  It's a big, heavy seat (so not ideal for air travel), but was easy to install.  The best thing for us is that it's kind of a no-brainer once it's installed- straps tighten easily, it's easy to reach buckles, etc.  We haven't had any loosening, and my average-size 2y/o still fits GREAT rear-facing in it.  It's also surprisingly compact front-to-back in our vehicle (saves space for person in front of it) when you sit it up straighter, which my daughter loves.  I have a Cosco Scenara Next in my car (which we also use for travel, because it's super light), but I think it's a little harder to be sure that everything is tight/safe/buckled (which I sort of worry that my husband won't do).  His request was a carseat that he could be sure was always safely/properly used, and the E2F has been great for that!!

Cycle/Month? 4/5

WTO/TWW?  WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 y/o

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just hoping it's not an-O (again) 

Any questions? Not today

Rant/Rave/Brag: We leave for our Disney World trip on Thursday (so basically I'm worthless this week at work!!)

Ready to do vacation bible school at church with her (I loved it so much growing up), and excited about dance class (toddlers in tutus!!!)
  • Options

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO, CD5

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Optimistic. First full month post IUD removal. Happy to be cycle monitoring again.

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: Nope

GTKY: What is something that you are looking forward to doing with your LO(s) that you did as a child? Christmas. All of the Christmas traditions. Lights, music, concerts, setting up the tree. We LOVE Christmas. 

And camping. We used to camp in the backyard, and it was amazing. 

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  • Options
    Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? I think TWW, but my cycle is a little messed up this month.

Ages of other child(ren)? 14 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? See Spoiler 
    I took a couple weeks off from Bumpin due to my CP. It's been a rough couple of weeks and my cycle has been strange ever since (not super surprised). We're not technically trying this month but not preventing either. I have an appt with my RE on Wednesday, who I saw when I was TTGP with my first. Just hoping for a plan forward. 

Any questions? None at this time. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Our anniversary is Wednesday and my parents are coming in town this weekend to watch DS so we can getaway for a few days. Soooooo need this and looking forward to it! 

GTKY: What is something that you are looking forward to doing with your LO(s) that you did as a child? Christmas. Baking Christmas cookies!! It will be a while before he's able to help, but I'm looking forward to it!
  • Options
    @marebear15 I can't speak to the Graco seats, but we love our Britax Marathon ClickTight seats.

@lillywonderland That is definitely a fun age!

@lcking82 Have fun at Disney!

@mrsjqg1024 I hope your RE appointment goes well.

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 12/13

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 22 months

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Meh. I started spotting this weekend... on 7 or 8 dpo.  :|  We have a follow-up appt with our current RE on Wednesday to discuss next steps.

Any questions?  Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  My mom was in town this weekend and she had a lot of quality time with our son, which I love to see... and we got some date nights!

GTKY: What is something that you are looking forward to doing with your LO(s) that you did as a child?  We took him last year and plan to do this every year... but I love going to cut down our own Christmas tree and look forward to him being older and understanding what we are doing.  :)
  • Options
    @mrsjqg1024:  I'm so so so sorry.  I hope your RE can help, but until then, many positive thoughts to you.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland - You'd think that after 5 cycles, you would have been in that 20% chance at least once, right! Ugh. And we are looking to maximize front to back space since DH is 6'2". Maybe we should get both and test drive them.

@lcking82 - Oh my word yes, toddlers in tutus for dance class are so cute! Haven't decided if I going to do dance or cheer with DD.

@mrsjqg1024 - I'm so sorry! But I'm glad to see you back with us and enjoying this community. I can't wait for this Christmas with DD! Last Christmas she was only 3 months, so it's going to be so much more fun this year.

• Options

What number are you trying for?  2

Cycle/Month?  2/2

WTO/TWW?   WTO most likely, CD11

Ages of other child(ren)?  2

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Nope, none

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:  IDK why I decided to get snarky yesterday… :expressionless:

GTKY: What is something that you are looking forward to doing with your LO(s) that you did as a child? Beginning holiday traditions with her!

• Options

Cycle/Month? Benched for testing 

WTO/TWW? See above

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 y/o

Any thoughts about this cycle? First cycle temping and it was atrocious. I wasn’t consistent in my timing so it was all over the place. I’ve set an alarm so I’m hoping it starts to look less like a mountain range lol.

Any questions? None 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Temps have dropped significantly in our area and I’m just not used to it. While searching for long sleeves and pants, I’m realizing he 3 y/o has little to no clothes, so I guess we are going shopping. We finally made it to the farm to pick pumpkins yesterday and had a blast. 

GTKY: What is something that you are looking forward to doing with your LO(s) that you did as a child? We are finally back in an area of the country where we can do all things fall and winter related, so I’m making sure we go out and experience everything I love about this time of year! I’m also looking forward to starting our own traditions as we get closer to thanksgiving and Christmas.

ill be back to tag later :)
  • Options
    @marebear15 We have the Graco E2F in both of our cars. It's HUGE, but it feels so wonderfully stable and will grow with our DS (DH is 6'5, so all the leg room). We're getting ready to flip him around to forward facing because his little legs are kicking the back seat.

@lcking82 Have fun at Disney!!!

Will come read more later, tiiiired.

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO. Expecting O next week around Halloween if my cycle remains normal.

Ages of other child(ren)? 2yo DS

Any thoughts about this cycle? Cranky. PMS hit me really hard this cycle, I was super irritated and weepy which took DH for a ride, poor man. Really hoping we get KU this cycle because I'm finding TTC way too stressful this time around, even 3mo in, because DH asks me all the clueless questions since our CP in cycle 1 and I don't want to answer them. 

Any questions? Nah.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Loving this age. DS is so cheeky and wonderful, even with the tantrums and frustrations. He just learned hide and go seek, and we play it every night - really easy to get him up to bed by having one of us hide upstairs!

Same as @pugmum All the camping! Except not all because DH doesn't really like camping, but we have a couple of nearby parks that I can easily take the kiddos away for a weekend (15-20 minutes from home if there is disaster) and set up a tent, cook on a fire, take hikes, etc.
  • Options
    @marebear15 Yes to test driving them. We ordered all 3 convertibles from Amazon to check them out IRL. Highly recommend doing that. 

@nolemomma14 Ooooh a beach house sounds like so much fun! It would be so cool to have pictures with the kiddos all growing up together!

@icking82 Have all the fun possible at Disney!! Enjoy it!!

@mrsjqg1024 I’m so sorry about what you’ve been through. And i hope you’re able to get some answers with your RE.

@Sparty18 I LOVE watching my Mom play with my LO, I’m so glad you Mom got a lot of quality time in with him! Also, yay to date nights!! I know some families pick out tiny Christmas trees for the kids - so you guys do that? Or do you just pick out a big one? I once told DH I wanted a forest of tiny trees and a giant tree for Christmas. He said no. Such a grinch!! Lol.

@foodislove So cute that your DS plays hide and seek!! Omg, can’t wait for that!! 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland It's fantastic. He counts (with his hands over his mouth instead of his eyes) - "ONE TWO FEE TEN - ready not... I come!"
  • Options
    @marebear15 I love graco and had the extend2fit come out when we put ds into a convertible, I would have gotten one. It’s a great seat, especially if you’re looking to do extended rear facing.

@foodislove I love playing hide and seek with toddlers. It really is so much fun!

@Sparty18 I can’t wait to go cut down a tree! It’s one of my favorite things to do for the holidays.

@lcking82 have a blast at Disney! 

@mrsjqg1024 happy anniversary! Enjoy your time away! 
  • Options
    Mobile bumping..will comment separately 

Cycle/Month? 6/7

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 19 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? First month temping and off caffeine. Mostly interested in LP and cycle length. 

Any questions? Gimme all your car seat tricks. Right now I’m resorting to Elmo.

Rant/Rave/Brag: We went away this weekend and DS was SO good. I’m always afraid of how he’ll react to a new space, but he slept like a champ and we were able to have breakfast out every morning. Such a sweet age. Also this morning at daycare drop off, even though we were running late I decided to stop and watch the garbage truck for a few mins. He was so impressed.

GTKY: What is something that you are looking forward to doing with your LO(s) that you did as a child? I think a big one is learning how to ski at such a young age! My dad had me on skis at the age of 3..And all the holidays..my husband didn’t grow up in North America so he’s not as inclined to celebrate, but I’m hoping as DS gets older we’ll be able to make some fun family traditions that DH will love too
  • Options
    @montee1917 Our friends just gave DS an electronic alphabet/reading book that he loves in the car. Pretty sure it's this one here, Dino's Delightful Day. Maybe that's something for your little one that's not a screen? Though TBH, I just play lots of UmiZoomi when it gets bad.

@sparty18 The extra date night sound AWESOME. Sorry about the spotting, GL at the RE appointment.

Hugs to you too @mrsjqg1024for the upcoming RE appt.
  • Options
    @montee1917:  we also have days where DD fights the carseat hard...so I also give into watching YouTube kids on my phone.  Then other days, she's fine, and happy as a clam to ride around.  (So...no good advice).  
  • Options
    Thanks @foodislove and @lcking82 he’s happy once he’s buckled it..it’s the getting him to sit part that he fights so hard (and only with me!) I need to bribe him to sit by letting him watch trucks or Elmo on YouTube...sometimes a snack works too. Maybe he needs a new car toy/book
  • Options
    @montee1917 We are having the same issue right now getting DS into the carseat. He arches his back, screams and wiggles everywhere to prevent from getting buckled in. I really have no tips, as I'm still on the struggle bus with this! I usually just have to wait until he calms down which can sometimes be several minutes before I can buckle him in. 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland We bought a secondhand Strider bike for DS..he’s actually really good on it. DH is really into biking so they go out every evening while I make dinner. They’re so cute together
  • Options
    @montee1917 YESSSS! That is the exact balance bike I want for my LO! I remember seeing balance bikes years ago in Germany and I thought it was the coolest thing - teeny tiny humans on bikes! 😍 How long did it take your DS to get the hang of it?
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I got a strider for ds as well! He’s had it since last Christmas and he’s just now getting into it and really using it how he should. Hes just about 3.5
  • Options
    @montee1917 and @mrsjqg1024 I keep a roll of stickers in the car for DD. I can usually get her to give up her battle of sitting down by giving her a sticker. Dollar spot at Target is the bomb for stickers!
  • Options
    @smmatt08 oh yes! I love the sticker idea. I’ll give that a try

@lillywonderland DS started walking around 11 months and he’s a pretty active 19 month old. I’d say it took some consistent use during the summer to really get used to it. He’s not gliding or anything yet, but he’s pretty fast and steady. It keeps him focused which is nice!
  • Options
    3 of my friends from my S17 BMB just started TTC, and I'm afraid I'm going to be so jealous/mad if any of them get KU before me. Most of them had issues getting pregnant the first time, so they will understand how I'll feel, I hope. 
  • Options
    All the moms I know who had a second, or are currently pregnant told me it happened during the first try. Thanks...it took us almost a year with DS so I’m fully expecting the same this time around but It does bother me a bit though