November 2018 Moms
Options

Csection anxiety

Headed in to have my csection this morning. It's my 3rd but I'm terrified! I don't know if its that I know what to expect and know how uncomfortable it is, how painful the last recovery was, or if it is this overwhelming fear that I'm just going to straight up die. Ugh! Sorry, not trying to bring anyone down I'm just shaking and want everything to go well. I'm also 37w2d and everything i keep reading conflicting things. Some say she should be full term no issues others saying she will automatically have to go to NICU?! I had to get the beta steroid shots because my bp was high about a month ago so her lungs should have had a little extra help and she was measuring 5 days ahead on ultrasound. I'm just a nervous wreck and this is my THIRD time! Shouldn't this be the easiest (at least mentally?!). My 2 boys were both born Via emergency csection with 0 warning and about an hour warning...found out the amniotic fluid was low about 24 houra ago so i have had a little more time to anticipate this one so maybe thats part of the issue. Idk... again not trying to bring anyone down. Think i just needed to get it out. 

Re: Csection anxiety

• Options
    It's probably exactly as you said- you had less than an hour warning and this time you've known so it's had time to set in and scare you. Keep breathing, and remember it's typically not that bad at all, many women have c-sections all the time and they heal. This too will pass! 
  • Options
    don’t know if this message will get to you in time but i hope you have a safe and smooth delivery.

i was anxious too before my induction, to the point that, on the way to the hospital, i was making sure my dh knew the protocol for what happens if i die. i don’t think it’s an absurd thought to have before a major medical procedure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    c section is the #1 most common surgery in the US! if that doesnt give you faith in your docs and that everything will be ok, i dont know what will. makes me feel better. we see it as this big crazy ordeal and they see it as common as say, washing the dishes? ;) hope you had a smooth delivery!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers