Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday - 10/25

Give me all your unpopular opinions here!

Re: UO Thursday - 10/25

• I hate shopping and makeup. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The dad shoe trend is dumb. I don't care if the Kardashians are doing it! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • I'm 100% going to get flamed for this. with a few exceptions, I do not believe in private schools for K-12. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin What are your exceptions?  

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @chichiphin I think I would have actually done so much better in school and I could’ve learned more if I went to a private one and had more options for advanced classes. My town didn’t have the best schools. (I was in the top 1% of my class).

I’ll still I’ll add to that - I think homeschooling is not a good idea for 99% of kids.
  • I also have weird feelings about makeup. On one hand, covering up your skin with fake skin color to appear more flawless to a prospective partner seems like an unfair beauty standard. On the other hand, I can see it's artistic expression for a lot of people and I support that. I also love red lipstick with nothing else. 

@chichiphin Why don't you like private school? I definitely would never send kids to a fancy uniform type school but I would do a specialty vibe like forest school, farm school, Waldorf or Montessori school.
  • chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited October 2018
    @lulu1180 I understand the choice of private school when there is no other option due to health & safety concerns, whether that be city schools with abysmal funding that can't deal with hiring teachers, providing adequate lunches, or prevent in-school violence. But I still worry about those who get left behind, whether there is a bad voucher system or not enough scholarship tuition to bring in the "have nots". However, I do NOT think the solution is a private charter school (a separate UO probably) but rather a restructuring of taxes/school funding. But those are pipe dreams. 

Essentially I find immense value of going to school with not only your peers, but a swath of individuals from different socioeconomic, racial, and religious back grounds that is usually not found in private school environments. I also can't think of a way to replicate this once you are out of your formative years in grade school. 

**edit can't spell**
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @b_1029 YES, 1000% with you on that one. Why are the Kardashians famous? Like I just found out yesterday that Kris Jenner has a cookbook. Why does someone who is famous for eating out and not cooking have their own cookbook?! 

I guess that's my UO, I think most celebrity "chefs" are overrated. With a few exceptions (Trisha Yearwood, Chrissy Teigen). 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• I think people have a misconception about homeschool, I used to. I now know many parents who home school or homeschooled there children and it is a great experience! The amount of time they have to complete their lessons is much shorter because of focused attention on them, so they have more free time to play. They still participate in activities with other kids in public schools and now there are all of these enrichment programs that you can take your kids to outside of home to learn the subjects you are not great at like, math, science, or even electives for cultural growth. These kids that I know are so kind, so well-adjusted, that if I had the patience and energy I would probably do it myself. 
  • Also, I live in a city with a crazy amount of publicly funded charter schools, focus schools, language immersion schools. I think it's fabulous. It is 100% lottery and allows children who wouldn't normally be zoned for the better schools to attend something much better suited for them. We have a Waldorf, a Montessori, Arts, Creative Science, Japanese, Spanish, French, Mandarin and many many more. They were also able to preserve and reuse historic school buildings that were at risk for being knocked down. I know there is concern that the focus should be on bettering the standard public school environment but it's not right for every child! Some kids will fail in regular schools regardless of additional resources, whether it's academically or socially. I went to great schools with amazing resources and still saw kids who were so bright ultimately fail in such terrible ways. 
  • @nomangos23 I'm in agreement on that. It seems forced on kids too. 
  • @nomangos23 @mamanbebe lol my in laws have disney art in their house....  :#
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @nomangos23 :lol: I "get" it but I am selectively judgmental about it. My SO's ex-wife is *obsessed* but she's also one of the most childish people I've ever met. Now my brother is a Disney fanatic, has seen every film and been to almost every Disney theme park around the world and will slaughter anyone in Disney trivia, but his apartment isn't decorated in Disney stuff and he doesn't collect toys. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @nomangos23 YES!! I have friends that are obsessed. I don’t get it at all.

@lillywonderland total agreement about makeup. I haven’t worn it in years, other than maybe 5 times total, and I don’t miss it at all. I wouldn’t even know where to start with contouring and everything else people do lately. 
  • @kiki047 they’re famous for breathing and having fake bodies? No idea haha when they talk about how hard it is running their businesses I just want to roll my eyes in the back of my head. I think I could stand putting in several hours of work a day and making a couple Instagram posts if it meant I could make millions of dollars. Cry me a river. 

@chichiphin what you’re describing sounds like the premise of public schools here in Louisville. It has always seemed weird to me coming from somewhere that was divided into districts and you go to school in those districts, but reading what you wrote makes it a little clearer to me. I obviously haven’t had to navigate it yet but basically it doesn’t matter where you live, your kids could go to school basically anywhere in the city even if there’s a school down the street. They do it so the kids from poorer areas have the same learning opportunities as kids in other areas. Just seems odd to me that my kid could get bused 45 minutes to a middle school when we have one within walking distance from our house. 
  • Don't get me wrong, I don't DISLIKE Disney. I think it's great for kids and families with kids.

But do I want to honeymoon at Disney world? Absolutely not. 

• Dude, @nomango23, you got a problem with my picture?!?! Lol, jkjkjkjk. 
  • My UO? Hazelnut flavor, and yes, I'm looking at you Nutella. Not a fan at all.

Also, don't put peppermint in my hot chocolate!! I can't stress that enough and think it completely ruins the flavor of hot chocolate on it's own
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @lillywonderland lol, I knew I was going to pay for this one..

FLAME AWAY!
  • Unless you have a valid reason to not donate blood on a regular basis, I think you are a very selfish person 

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  • nomangos23nomangos23 member
    edited October 2018
    @PugMum Oooo interesting perspective. I'm an organ donor but rarely donate blood. Do I get any points back?
  • @chichiphin LOL that shouldn't be an UO because seriously, it's a flight not church. Give me all the yoga pants and oversized sweaters. Those planes are dirtier than public transit, and usually freezing cold, so bring on the comfy and warm clothes. 

TTC History:

• @nomangos23 That's nice of you. But, why are you hoarding your blood? 

Benefits of Donating Blood:

You’ll get a mini-medical

• You can donate blood only if you are fit enough to do so. Before every blood donation, you’ll get your iron (haemoglobin) level checked, and your blood pressure and pulse rate taken. This will be of great benefit to you. Any potential “red flags” will be discovered. Score!

Donating blood reduces your risk of heart disease and cholesterol

• According to studies published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, blood donors are 33% less likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease and 88% less likely to suffer a heart attack. The lowered health risks have to do with iron depletion. Iron has a significant impact on the body. High blood iron can cause a variety of symptoms such as irregular heartbeat, muscle weakness, hardening of arteries, accelerated cholesterol oxidation, decreased libido and enlarged liver, to name a few. High levels of iron leads to free-radical damage in the body and has been linked to an increased risk of cancer as well.

When donating blood, you are removing 225 to 250mg of iron from your body, reducing your risk of health complications.

• In a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, researchers found that those between the ages of 43 and 61 had fewer heart attacks and strokes when they had donated blood every six months. If you choose to give blood, you should not abandon other methods recommended for improving heart health. Changes in your diet and lifestyle prove to be the most effective way to stay healthy.

Donating blood burns calories

• A one-time blood donation can burn up to 650 calories, as the body has to work hard to replenish itself. Although there are many benefits to donating blood just one time, the people who benefit from blood donations are regular donors. A donor can only give blood every 56 days.

Feeling the joy of saving a human life

• Every time you donate blood, you can help up to three or four recipients. According to Time.com, a study in the Journal of Health Psychology found that people who volunteered unselfishly had a significantly reduced risk of mortality than those who never volunteer. What a wonderful, unselfish gift to give!

Married 11/21/2018

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

• @pugmum mmmm I had a pretty traumatic experience in high school donating blood once (got sick, blood every where, almost passed out) then afterwards I had bruises from my wrist to my armpit and my parents thought the bruises were track marks and I was doing drugs.  :|
  • brookert615brookert615 member
    edited October 2018
    Every time I try to donate blood I get denied! I take ALL of the vitamins and it's super frustrating especially when you make a trip to do something good and they tell you no! 

ETA: I can't communicate very well lol.
    TW
  • @pugmum mmmm I had a pretty traumatic experience in high school donating blood once (got sick, blood every where, almost passed out) then afterwards I had bruises from my wrist to my armpit and my parents thought the bruises were track marks and I was doing drugs.  :|
    Totally a valid concern! Seems like a traumatic experience. What caused all the bleeding? Cause that is not common, at all. 

Married 11/21/2018

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

• @literatureandink Agreed! The only one I was able to actually drink was the ginger flavored one! 
    TW
  • Ooh, we've got a lot of unpopular opinions today!

Homeschooling: 
    I can go either way on this. I was homeschooled and I loved the freedom of being able to get my work done in my time frame and having time to either read or write (I wrote a few novels and screen plays in high school), or just play. I was also involved in an acting group and I was able to attend a private prom (100+ kids). But if I had been into sports, it would have been hard for me to have an outlet for that. So I see the advantages and disadvantages, but there are pros and cons to public and private school too.

Disney:
    I don't understand the craze. I've been to Disney World and frankly wasn't impressed. Maybe if I had gone as a kid instead of a young adult? It might be fun with kids, but then again the thought of standing in lines for hours with young kids in the FL heat is not appealing.

Blood:
    I probably should donate, but I'm AB+ and I almost wonder what's the point. The only other person I can donate too is another AB+ who has a choice of absolutely all the blood types.
  • @PugMum No clue! It's happened one other time during a blood draw too. Maybe I have weird veins? 
  • @Avrilmai Lol it's good you don't know! It's in the spoiler. One of my best friends jumped on the bandwagon and I made fun of her so much for it lol. Wearing normal tennis shoes isn't an issue, ever. It's the "dad" shoes lol.

TW
  • Blood:
    I probably should donate, but I'm AB+ and I almost wonder what's the point. The only other person I can donate too is another AB+ who has a choice of absolutely all the blood types.
    @marebear15 I'm also AB+! I donate because there is a critical need for all blood. 
    @nomangos23 Maybe! That's unfortunate. Sorry you've had those experiences. 
    @literatureandink I brew my own, and enjoy the flavor. I drink it for the health benefits. 

Married 11/21/2018

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

• eranfarawayeranfaraway member
    edited October 2018
    @b_1029 I don't get the popularity of the Kardashians either. The whole concept of being famous for being famous baffles me. I wish our popular culture valued people based on the impact of their ideas and actions, but I suppose that doesn't sell lipstick and jade vagina eggs as well. 

@nomangos23 I feel the exact same way. I went with a group for a conference in college, which was admittedly fun, but for some people seem to be obsessed! I am acquainted with childless adults who only vacation at Disney parks, and two couples who honeymooned at them.  

@PugMum I'm glad you brought up blood donation! I used to donate regularly, but got out of the habit when I lived in a rural area over 80 miles from the closest donation center. I'm going to make an appointment to start again. I have a blood type most people can accept and they used to call me constantly to come in, even when it was still too soon for me to donate, so I'll be giving them a fake phone number this time!

I agree about kombucha @literatureandink! I have never actually been able to bring myself to try it, but it just smells awful.  

TBH I'm very confused about what school system/structure makes the most sense. I went to public schools and a private parish school, and both had their benefits and drawbacks. I don't know enough about charter/Waldorf/Montessori schools to have an opinion. I have a few friends who work in environmental education and I think there's some exciting models being developed, but I do wonder how those kids will adapt to the higher ed environment when they get older. 

@inthewoods23 You can send any and all peppermint chocolate my way! 

• @eranfaraway Jade vagina eggs 🤣 I just loled at my desk. 
  • This is a nice lively one today! I used to donate blood but the last time I did, which was like 15 years ago, they sent me a super scary letter afterwards that said something along the lines of, "We tested your blood and found you have SUPER SCARY SOUNDING DISEASE. Then we retested it, and you don't have it, so don't worry. BUT YOU CAN NEVER DONATE BLOOD AGAIN." So... that's why I don't donate.

My DH was homeschooled until high school so he has no issues with it. But I can't stand his mother so I always make fun of him for it. Honestly, I don't have an issue with homeschooling, but I know it pushes his buttons so I use it against him sometimes, hahaha.

I love hazelnut, and kombucha! I've never been to Disney World but would like to go someday. And I also can't stand the Kardashians.

I can never think of an UO but I'll jump back in if I do!