May 2019 Moms

Symptoms - October

Re: Symptoms - October

• @bluesky24 ugh acid reflux was my biggest complaint last pregnancy. I took two Zantac per day and had Tums round the clock. So awful. 

• @bluesky24 pregnancy acid reflux was one of my least favorite things!! It was so awful. I’m so sorry yours started so early! I’d love to say it means a lot of hair, but my son is almost 2 and still so bald 😂
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Loading the player...
  • For the STM’s, you might not have bad acid reflux the second time. DD1 it was really bad for me and with DD2 barely affected me. It was so weird. Wonder what it will be like this time!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• robyn2201 said:
    For the STM’s, you might not have bad acid reflux the second time. DD1 it was really bad for me and with DD2 barely affected me. It was so weird. Wonder what it will be like this time!
    I love you for saying this and I hope it holds true for me 🤞

• Ugh. Today is a bad symptom day. But I'm not sure WHAT it is, I'm not sure it's pregnancy related. Having a headache, chills, and I feel like I have a fever, but I don't. Blah. Definitely have not cleaned. And definitely have not studied 😭 ugh. 
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds it could be because you're just very run down and your body is working overtime.  Get lots of rest,  if you can,  dear. 

• @expandcontract thank you ♥️ about to take another Tylenol and go to sleep. Hopefully I can get more done tomorrow. Especially on the studying front. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I am counting on acid reflux not being as bad the second time because I had it BAD!! I also had twins and Baby B was up very high (like under my rib cage) which they said was likely why it was so bad.  I think if you carry low you have more bladder/peeing problems but I’d take that over reflux any day.  
  • The acid reflux has already started. But I have struggled with random/occasional acid reflux for a very long time. I have started drinking a large glass of milk before bed and that has helped a tiny bit.

Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• megsb615megsb615 member
    edited October 2018
    @bluesky24 Acid reflux was the first symptom I had with DS, and it just got worse as pregnancy went out. We were able to see his hair on his 32 weeks 3d ultrasound 😂 He’s 2 and has already had 5+ hair cuts, so it held true for us!

ETA: I ate tums like candy to no avail. Zantac 150 was the only thing that helped me. 
  • Headaches headaches headaches. Not sure if this has been covered. Since beginning week 11, they’ve come on with a vengeance.
    i was prone to migraines before pregnancy, so my doc said to go ahead and take sumatriptan (imitrex). I did even though I HATE how it makes me feel. Like an unpleasant body buzz. 

Anywayz, does anyone have suggestions for recurring headaches? Tylenol doesn’t do anything for me.
  • @honeymorochdubrovsky increase your protein intake. I read somewhere that if you get headaches during pregnancy you should be having a serving of protein every couple of hours. But I don't remember where I read this or if it's a reliable source. It did help me though. 
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds I need to try that too! I've had two wicked headaches so far this pregnancy and normally I don't get headaches at all.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Sneezing, congestion and runny nose over here - I sneeze ALL day long. So annoying. Taste buds are better but I still am very indecisive on foods (everything does NOT sound good, yet sound good at the same time). It's like my head knows it likes certain things but my taste buds say no way.
  • Ughhh! I ended up with what must have been a virus-fever, vomiting all night, achy. I was so paranoid it was something besides a virus, but no spotting at all. I'm feeling a bit better today. As if the daily nausea and vomiting wasn't so crappy, getting so sick on top of it is the worst. I'm just so glad that it seems like everything is OK. 
  • @knarlytaurus omg, yes! I had the stomach flu around 8 weeks pregnant and I was terrified! I threw up 13 times in 5.5 hours and didn’t eat for three days. I was so scared that it was going to harm baby, I was calling the nurse line everyday! Thankfully, all was okay but it was definitely hard to eat for a while after that. Hope you get feeling better soon!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @megsb615 DS gets a haircut about once a month  :# it just grows so fast and he starts to look kind of scraggly.
    @anonellis I did not have twins but I did carry DS high and AGREED, I would much rather pee than have acid reflux. On the operating table while I was having my c-section I was like, um I'm going to throw up stomach acid because of this position and they were like NO YOU CAN'T THROW UP RIGHT NOW. Wow okay, I'll just will the acid back down then, nbd.

• @mrskoz428 same here only I just lost all my desires to EVER nap/sleep. Just woke up from the worst nightmare ever! Had me in tears. 
  • edited October 2018
    @mrskoz428 You're 12+1 right? (I creepily know this because we have the same due date). I always counted 2nd tri as the start of week 13, so maybe you're closer than you think!

ETA fixed spelling

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Second tri starts at week 13 in my mind. 10 more days. 
  • @secicc12 @mrskoz428 I've heard 12, 13, and 14 weeks as the start of second trimester but use 14 in my head as that's when I finally felt better from morning sickness and exhaustion. In my mind, it's nice to group it that way and think the second trimester is entirely hunky doory (sp?)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I thought 2nd trimester was 13w4d’s. I could be so wrong though! Haven’t don’t this pregnancy thing in awhile though. Haha.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• robyn2201 said:
    I thought 2nd trimester was 13w4d’s. I could be so wrong though! Haven’t don’t this pregnancy thing in awhile though. Haha.
    I think this is technically when 2nd tri starts based on math. But like, whatever, idc if people call themselves 2nd tri at 12 or 13 or 14 weeks :lol:

• @DuchessOfCambridge I don’t run into many people who say oh I’m in my 2nd trimester now. Moms always refer to weeks and non parents and others refer to months! At the dentist yesterday a lady said so how many months are you? I had to stop and calculate!  :D

• @robyn2201 true! I do always have to calculate when people ask months haha! So used to weeks, months mean very little to me.

• @secicc12 haha, yes 12+1. One app I have says 13 weeks is the start of 12nd trimester because you are technically entering week 14, one app says 14 exact. I’m going with 14, I guess, although I’d love to go with 13 weeks. I’m just wanting relief from this exhaustion. I’m sure working with kids doesn’t help as I run around all day long. It may never go away! 😭
  • knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited October 2018
    This is a general question for the group-when your symptoms got better, did it happen gradually, or was it pretty abrupt? 
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited October 2018
    ETA tag @knarlytaurus Last pregnancy, it was gradual from 12 to14 weeks. By 14 weeks I definitely felt better but I hit 12 and then 13 weeks and was like "wtf???"

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @knarlytaurus so far it’s been gradual for me. The nausea was really bad and slowly just started going away, with some days being worse than others. I’m rarely nauseous at this point. The fatigue I’m sure is getting better, it just doesn’t feel like it. I haven’t need coffee this week, so maybe that’s a sign that things are looking up?
  • There are multiple ways to calculate trimesters, maybe some people will find this website interesting:
    https://www.baby2see.com/trimester_calculator.html

With my daughter, my nausea didn’t go away until week 17. No way am I basing my second trimester on that! The symptoms getting better was gradual for me, but I graduated from nausea to heartburn. In spite of all that, I really enjoyed pregnancy!
  • @knarlytaurus It’s been gradual with each of my pregnancies. I think this time is a bit earlier but not by much. 

• @pumpkin_belly thanks for posting that. I didn't really understand why there were different ways of calculating trimesters/how they all worked before, but it makes sense now.

@knarlytaurus I definitely remember it being gradual with my first two pregnancies, but right now for the past two days I've suddenly felt a lot better. Usually in the evenings I'm nauseous and carrying a bucket everywhere with me just in case, but the last couple of days I haven't felt the need. FX it lasts.
    kids with flags
  • knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited October 2018
    @brie_and_almonds that is great to hear! FX it does last! 
  • The heartburn tonight 🔥🔥🔥😳
  • I don’t know if it is the lingering effects of the stomach virus I had this week or just a “fun” symptom, but I can’t stand to be around the smell of cooked food 😔
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• I am feeling totally miserable today. I had to pick up my dog yesterday after he started growling and snarling at DH and our other dog (I think he just didn’t recognize them from a distance) and I am hurting from it. My lower an muscles kill and I feel like my uterus even feels sore (call me crazy). I can hardly stand to eat anything because I feel like I’m constantly being choked around my neck, even by a normal crew neck t-shirt. I was really hoping to clean the house while DH was hunting but I feel so miserable, it seems impossible. Ugh. Hoping 2nd trimester brings relief soon!
  • @mrskoz428 I hope you feel better soon!  Maybe a warm bath with Epsom salts to soothe your muscles?  I also did a lot of alternating heat and ice for my hips and back when I sprained it early in 1st tri.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @mcewen3 definitely taking a bath today. I’m wondering if the choking feeling is just heartburn and I’m not used to it. I don’t think I’ve ever had it before.
  • mrskoz428 said:
    @mcewen3 definitely taking a bath today. I’m wondering if the choking feeling is just heartburn and I’m not used to it. I don’t think I’ve ever had it before.
    It definitely could be heartburn.  Are you on any antacids already? Also,  DON'T PICK UP YOUR DOG! Take it easy,  lady! Hope you feel better soon.