Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Wednesday 10/24

What is your dream home/living situation? Barbie Dream Home? Tiny House Living? Loft in a big city?

Pics welcome!

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

Re: GTKY Wednesday 10/24

• Loading the player...
  • I've always wanted a brick ranch with a red door, a circular driveway, and a wrought iron fence out front. No neighbors in sight, inground pool and gardens in the back. Hardwood floors, bright and sunny, a big kitchen, a place for artwork. It doesn't have to be huge - 1500 sq ft would be enough.
  • @riff323 are you from TX? that sounds like a few I have seen out there
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin I am all for the firepit! We have plans to put one in our yard by spring, but I do live in the midwest so its not out of the ordinary 

I love our house and neighborhood for now, we live in a development with rumored 1000 kids. DH and I grew up with our best friend within walking distance so I love the idea of any future kids having friends close by. Eventually I would love a house surrounded by trees (low maintenance) with a private tree lined driveway. Picture is from a local house that is my zillow fantasy.

TTGP November 2018 Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Dinner Fails

• You all have excellent dream house taste!

We live in a really great city and neighborhood, so either an upgrade to a craftsman:

OR move out to a hobby farm:

For vacation home, I'd love an off-grid modern lake house: 

• @chichiphin nope, I've never been to TX. I actually envision the bottom half of my aunt's house in MA when I think of my dream home. Think lots of lush greenery surrounding everything!
  • I love a re-done 70's contemporary split level or ranch... updated inside, but still that low-slung "modern" look with the tall windows.  We looked at few when we bought our current house, but most needed more work than we're willing to do.
  • I want a small home with an open kitchen/living area. A decent sized backyard that can house a MIL suite and lots of outdoor living (firepit, outdoor grill/kitchen). 

And a wraparound porch so I can spy on the neighborhood. I mean, socialize. 

And when we were to move into this imaginary dream home I would get rid of 80% of our stuff and live as a minimalist.  
  • @Mother0fDragons:  "spy on the neighborhood"  love it.  
  • We bought a fixer upper house 2.5 years ago, and slowly but surely are turning it into our dream house! It's on some land, and we only have two other houses on our street. 

I love the current lay out of it, but down the road we would like to add a pool, wrap around porch, garage, and another bedroom. It's currently a 3 bed 2 bath. We just finished remodeling the master bath, and while I love it, it doesn't have a tub, just shower, so I would love to enlarge it to make it big enough for a nice big garden tub! Trying to talk DH into some goats, but he did say we could get some chickens!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Y'all have impeccable taste, I could live in any one of those houses and be totally content. Well, maybe not a 1500sq ft house because let's face it, we have too much stuff and we're pretty attached to most of it, lol.

We're fortunate to already be living in our dream home, and renovating to add our custom chef's kitchen right now. But if I could have it all I'd want it to be more central, have a bit more land (like nothing crazy, just big enough to have a buffer on all sides so the neighbours can't see/hear us), a gated tree-lined driveway and more windows, like floor to ceiling windows all around ( @smmatt08 my heart skipped a beat at yours, omg). Very modern with clean lines. Lots of wood, something asian inspired, with a koi pond and a huge terrace in the backyard. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @smmatt08 @kiki047 yes to the floor to ceiling windows!

Ideally we would live in a wooded area in a house with modern, Scandanavian style. Floor to ceiling windows of course. We're both fans of more simple design and clean lines. Somewhat of a minimalist style, but maybe not that extreme.

I'll have to spend some time finding a picture. There's so many images that I love though, it'll be hard to pick one!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Anything Joanna Gaines would kindly decorate and fix up for me would be perfect! HUGE fan of Magnolia Homes - but just a little expensive for my bank account, lol.
  • Old farmhouse in the middle of 100+ acres. We have a small farm now and I would love, love, love to expand it! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @kiki047 we currently live in a 900 sq ft townhome so 1500 seems like a palace to me! I hate cleaning so smaller homes are better for me.
  • @riff323 That is where my brain went too, I would love to tack on another 500sqft to our house! OH the things I would put away in the extra storage! 
  • edited October 2018
    Hmmm good question. I don't want a huge house, I still want to feel like we're together. I would want a room for each child, a guest room, an office space and a spare multi purpose room or extra living room. The office space and multi-purpose would work in a basement. Partial open concept, mean I like the half wall between kitchen/dining and living space but not fully open. Fenced in back yard. Half to full wrap around porch. Southern comfort style(I don't think that a real thing but I don't know architecture terms). I would like a finished basement. Two floors plus a basement. Older trees and room for a small garden. We're actually talking houses recently so these are the things on my want list. 

OH DUH HOW CAN I FORGET. The biggest thing for me honestly though is a chefs kitchen, or at least one big enough to do all my cooking/baking and have room for my appliances. Edited to add this
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @riff323 @mamanbebe I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that 1500sq ft was inadequate, I meant no disrespect to you!  :s  That was totally directed at myself being a hoarder and not wanting to throw anything out. Which totally contradicts my dream of having a minimalist home, lol. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @pugmum A friend of mine DOES live in a yurt! I even know a school nearby that uses one as a classroom!
    And my dream house is our house now, but with this closet and a garage. I want both of these things. I do not want to move. Ever. Again. I apparently need a rainbow unicorn fart to make this happen (or lots of money I don't have - because, medical crap is expensive AF)
    Okay, maybe TWO of these closets, since we are talking rainbow unicorn wishes. I need more storage. My husband is a hoarder. 

• I would love a bigger kitchen, another bathroom, and a pool with a nice patio that includes a bar and outdoor kitchen. Ideally, the second bathroom would have a jacuzzi tub. :) 
  • @kiki047 I did not take it that way at all :) Just commiserating on living in a tiny space and how luxurious 1500sqft sounds!
  • @mamanbebe ok, whew, I just re-read what I wrote and saw it in an entirely different light. 

TTC History:

• @mamanbebe I think no matter how much space you have you'll grow into it! I wish we had a smaller house a lot of the time - we actually tried to buy something around 1500 sq feet, but ended up with nearly double it, but NO storage and a wonky layout. (recently renovated, in a great community and cheap. Couldn't say no) 
    My parents home is 1500 square feet, but with a ton of storage and a great layout and it feels way bigger than ours. 

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited October 2018
    Agree with PP about a farmhouse with a wraparound porch. I wouldn’t want to live out in the county, but at least not be able to see our neighbors and have a huge yard for the dog and hopefully future kids to run around in! ETA I would also love Joanna Gaines to come decorate for me! 

I love old homes and our current one is somewhat between a farmhouse and craftsman (I think?) and honestly if I could just expand it and make it have more than 2 bedrooms, it would be my dream home! If anyone is obsessed with old houses like me, here’s a link to the model house we have, it’s a Sears Roebuck home! 
    https://www.antiquehomestyle.com/plans/sears/1936sears/36sears-dayton.htm
  • A hobbit hole 

but realistically, we pretty much recently bought our dream home.  Dh and I love older homes and we recently bought a Queen Anne Victorian.  Ideally, I would love it on a small farm in the country, but my parents live on a small farm in the country, so I still get to enjoy that aspect of it 
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin Oh I totally agree! All living space and no storage comes in so many shapes and sizes. I honestly wish we had an unfinished basement, that would be perfect. Our house is comfortable for how small it is, but we also have a storage unit outside of the city for all the things we need but have no place for. 
  • @kiki047 oh I didn't take offense at all! Like @mamanbebe said, small space living has its challenges sometimes. No worries! :)
  • @riff323 our first home was 1200 sq ft and we moved into a 2300 sq ft. I was so miserable. I couldn’t wait to sell that place and get out. I hated feeling like I was basically cleaning with any spare time I had. We are hardly home so it was such a pointless move. 

Now we are with my mom (long story) in a 3000 sq ft house and I’m one bad day away from burning it all down. There’s so much house to clean! 
  • @Mother0fDragons amen!!! I love being able to whip my house into shape in a half-hour if I have to!
  • because im so tired, all I can think of is bed so this is my dream bedroom except just Greys, whites, maybe light pink. I personally hate color haha 
  • My one dream for a house was a floor to ceiling bookshelf, filled with books, a cozy chair and a fireplace. I got the bookshelf, but I'm still working on filling it all.

Also, my dream kitchen remodeled.