Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 10/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 10/24

• Happy Wednesday!!! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Metformin, Armour Thyroid, PNV, temping, OPKs

R/R: AF is being a B. But I have my Bob Marley Pandora station on at work!

CS/Q: Nah.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: pnv, supplements, seed cycling, fertility tinctures, Kindara/clue, cm, bbt, opk 

R/R: finally a good night of rest! Yesterday had pushed be to the edge stresswise but feeling hopeful that today goes more smoothly, albeit still busy. 

CS/Q: Ewcm last night! Fx for a change in opks sometime today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @brookert615 sorry about AF and cd1 :(
  • @mamanbebe Thanks!!! Glad you had a good night of sleep and hopefully you have a peaceful day! And yay on the EWCM!  <3
    TW
  • @brookert615: Sorry about CD1. Music is one of my fav de-stressors.. Hope Bob Marley cheers you up a bit! 
    @mamanbebe : A good night’s sleep is the best! Yay for EWCM!
    @lillywonderland: Sorry YH didn’t remember your wedding date. Some men are just not good with dates.. hope he has it written down somewhere so he doesn’t forget on your anniversary!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: OPK, Ava, HIO, CM

R/R: Going on to night shifts for the next few weeks. I usually find that time flies by when I’m on nights so it’s good while WTO/TWW. Not sure how this will affect my temps, but hopefully using Ava will help with that. 

CS/Q: nothing happening yet

Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited October 2018
    Tentatively coming back here because I am an optimist  :#

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, OPK, BBT, PreSeed, FertilAid for men, CountBoost, MotilityBoost

R/R: H's appointment with a urologist specializing in MFI is not before the end of January so we're going to keep TTC as normal hoping for things to still happen naturally. H is doing anything in his power to increase his sperm count: loose underwear, 0 caffeine (he used to drink a pot of coffee/day), 1 glass of beer or wine/week max and all the FertilAid pills. I have an appointment with my OBGYN next week to run basic tests for me (HSG, blood tests).

CS/Q: H is gone during most of my fertile window. He will be back on Saturday which is CD16. Last 2 cycles I O'ed on CD15. I hope O day is late! We're trying to cover our bases as mush as we can with the BD.

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @lillywonderland Hahah yes! Now I need jerk chicken, stat! LOL. That's crazy YH had a lapse in memory - guess that means that your next anniversary gift has to be real good! 

@misshelen86 Oh goodness! Hopefully your nights fly by!!!

@rikiteacup That's awesome YH is being so proactive! FX for you!!! 
    TW
  • Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: All the things

R/R: up at 5am and no caffeine for this girl..gonna be a long one! Rave: I cycled into work today! 

CS/Q: OPKs getting a bit darker and the ewcm is 👌 will see what happens today.

also has anyone used those BBT converters? Are they reliable?

• @brookert615 sorry about CD1. Enjoy your playlist...Bob Marley is a hit in Canada right now with the legalization of marijuana!

@mamanbebe hope your good nights rest leads to amazing things today! fx for O soon

@lillywonderland sorry about the millions. My coworker needed two dollars yesterday for the cake fund so I paid it forward
  • @brookert615:  ugh!  Sorry!
    @mamanbebe:  Hooray for EWCM, and hope the OPK is super-blazing and bright!  
    @montee1917:  woohoo, get it girl!  Up early, and active!  

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD:  13

WAYDTGKU:  PNV, OPK, HIO (starting now!)  - abandoned BBT *again* due to upcoming travel

R/R:  finally updated my iPhone, and now everything looks different and stuff keeps making me update settings.  Ugh.  I knew there was a reason I don't like doing updates.

CS/Q:  No questions, but excited that my Advanced OPK gave me "high" today (blinky face) - my OPKs (old-fashioned) are also starting to darken a bit.  Time to switch to twice a day strips to hopefully catch a surge!  Woot!

• Month/Cycle: 16/15

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: BBT, opk, BD every other day this week

R/R: rant - I hate feeling bummed, but when I am, I take forever to get over it. Rave - I recently purchased some boxes of couscous which I've never had before and I have really liked the 2 flavors we've tried so far. Love expanding my palate.

CS/Q: my opk test line was decently dark this morning but still not a positive so O should be finally showing up soon!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @montee1917 Oh goodness, GL without caffeine! Girl, that is so cool you cycled to work!!! 

@lcking82 My iPhone did the same. WHAT IS THIS? lol! FX you get your surge ASAP! 

@inthewoods23 Sorry you're bummed!  <3 That's exciting with the couscous - so yummy!!! 

@kiki047 Do you feel the hormone balancing is helping with how you feel/PCOS symptoms? I've been seriously thinking about it. GL with the OPKs! I think the Metformin helped me with my OPKs not being turned with PCOS but I only got one positive last month so I'm curious how they'll work for you with all that you're doing! 
    TW
  • @kiki047 Monday's meal was toasted pine nuts couscous. I forget exactly what the other flavor was... Something with garlic and it was a pearled couscous. We have a 3rd box that's wild mushroom and herb! I'm getting hungry  :p
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @brookert615 It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is that's making the biggest impact but yes, I feel like a different person than I did 2 months ago when I started on my current regimen. The Ovasitol was a big part of that, helping with my insulin resistance and curbing my carb cravings (started back in June). Since I saw my naturopath end of August and really cleaned up my diet, she started me on the homeopathic remedies and other than really bad headaches in the middle of my cycle and some crazy acne last cycle, my temps have stabilized, my weird patchy hair growth is all but gone, I've dropped close to 20lbs with no added exercise (lol oops), and I finally ovulated (twice) after being an-o for the first 8mos coming off BCP. I haven't had any repeat bloodwork done yet because my appt with the RE was rescheduled to next month, so I don't actually know if/how any of this is affecting my actual hormone levels but from a symptoms POV it's making a world of difference.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 yes that’s the one I used this morning! Good idea with the actual time/temp in your notes! I’ll keep that in mind for next cycle if I need it

also, sounds like you’ve been making some big strides in your journey... Great work! 
  • @kiki047 That's seriously so wonderful to hear that! And how awesome to lose 20 lbs! Go you!!! I've looked into Ovasitol as well but I need to ask if it's okay to take with my Metformin or to replace it (I've read some people can take both). My endo appointment isn't until December so we will see! 
    TW
  • @montee1917 thank you! I've learned so much from the other ladies on here, and seeing how many of them are thriving even with PCOS has kept me going. 
    @brookert615 I've seen varying opinions on taking Ovasitol with or instead of Metformin. I'm really hoping I won't need the meds so I'm working hard to clean up my diet in the weeks leading up to my appt with the RE. I get the sense that a lot of doctors don't know enough about Ovasitol so a lot of them won't advocate for it. Not to mention the ones that are in cahoots with big pharma. But I'm a little jaded about that kinda stuff. Hopefully your doc can shed some light on that, I personally think it's better not to be on the drugs as much as possible! Ovasitol isn't cheap though, and isn't covered by insurance. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• brookert615brookert615 member
    edited October 2018
    @kiki047 I hear you on all of that! Thanks for all of the info! :)

@littleredm Feel better! Super sweet of DH to get you flowers!

*ETA tag!
    TW
  • @littleredm oof, my DH gets migraines and they easily take him out for half the day! Hope you feel better soon!

DH was just saying the other day that his migraines are from his X chrosome so his mom gets migraines and her mom and up. Kind of makes me hope for boys only in the future. Sadly, we can't exactly pick that! Oh well!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @littleredm probably different ones?  Mine are the “Advanced” and is a little reader-unit that you put a new test-stick in each day. Blinking smiley is estrogen increasing, then the LH surge is signaled by solid smiley. 
  • @emeraldduchess:  we leave TOMORROW - and I'm SO EXCITED.  Trying to wrap work stuff up (and avoid getting tangled up in any new projects).  
  • @brookert615 Curious about your thyroid meds. Did they start you on armour thyroid? Did you every try levothyroxine?
  • @lcking82 Disney, right?  At the ice cream shop in France at Epcot, they have a brioche ice cream sandwich that is heaven on a plate.  I HIGHLY recommend it! 
  • @emeraldduchess Oh! Hope you got to hit up TJMaxx and get all the good stuff! 

@nomangos23 They started me on Levothyroxine for my Hashimoto’s, kept bumping me up to adjust my levels and my body didn’t react to it very well. Thankfully I got switched to Armour without any fighting my endo and I feel significantly better than I did on Levo. It’s also all natural so I’m happy about that! 
    TW
  • @inthewoods23 :lol: yay for +OPK! That’s hilarious about your groceries tho. 

that reminds me, I think I’ll go POAS and try this OPK thing again. 

TTC History:

• @kiki047 Omg. The floor is lava. Reminds me of New Girl and the drinking game they play.  You are so hilarious in your icy palace up north! I’m glad you figured out why it was so chilly in your house though! I was starting to think you had a friendly ghost who liked it cold. 😂

@icking82 I hate every single phone update. Always makes me feel like my phone is slower. Urggggh technology!! Also, OMG I’m so excited for your Disney trip!!  I haven’t been to Disney world since I was like 8. It is so much better than Disney Land!

@montee1917 Woohoo for biking to work! 

@intothewoods23 Groceries can wait. OPKs need to be peed on! I hope your ice cream didn’t melt!! 😉

@dogmomma096 So glad that more than just me is sad about not becoming a billionaire overnight, lol!

@emeraldduchess That totally counts as a workout! What are you currently watching on Netflix? Also, did you get anything at TJ Maxx? 😄  YH must be so excited about the Red Sox - assuming you’re a fan of them since I *think* you’re in MA.  You need to ride that wave of energy! 😉 

@littleredm Your hubby gets a gold star for today! So sweet of him!

@rikiteacup  I’m glad you guys have a game plan in place and that YH is amenable
    to the changes you’ve outlined for him. I’m hoping that you won’t need to visit in January though!

@misshelen86 Eep to working nights! I hope your time go by so quickly though! 
  • @brookert615 Interesting - I just started levothyroxine and am not having any side effects but my numbers aren't budging so I'm wondering if we just need to keep increasing or switch to the other. Thanks for sharing!

• @emeraldduchess  You need to ride that wave of energy! 😉 

I see what you did there  ;) 😏  he he he 

TTC History:

• @nomangos23 I think it’s worth a talk with your doctor! I was going to ask for it and my doctor suggested Armour before I even blurted it out. GL! It is no fun trying to get those levels normalized. It is a little pricey but I feel it’s totally worth it. 
    TW
  • @lillywonderland I got a workout top and some fleece lined leggings at TJMaxx.  It's been so cold that I definitely need the fleece!  I also got a Christmas decoration that I know my mom will love.  I've been watching a mix of "Friends" reruns and "Designated Survivor" on Netflix.  I wasn't expecting "Designated Survivor" to grab by attention because I am not a big an of political dramas, but I love it!  

And yes, I am in the heart of Red Sox territory!  DH is a much bigger sports fan than I am, but I'm still excited. 
  • @icking82 Hope you have so much fun! I love Disney! And you’re coming into some mild-for-Florida weather. You just missed some real nasty, hot and humid days. It’s going to be so nice this weekend! 

Month/Cycle: 0/0 

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: HIO, PNV, BBT, CM 

R/R: I’ve been charting for a few months leading up to us officially trying and my cycles are keeping me on my toes, in the worst way possible. According to FF (and a complete lack of temp shifts) I’ve had two anovulatory cycles and didn’t even get crosshairs last cycle. The crosshair-less cycle I believe is due to a critical missed temp. 

CS/Q: - - 
  • @lillywonderland groceries were all good  :) and good thing it's fall so nothing was going to melt too fast!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause