February 2019 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 10/22/2018

1. How many weeks? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Rants/Raves/Questions?

4. Any appts this week?

5. What fictional world do you wish you could live in?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 10/22/2018

• 1. How many weeks? How big is baby?
    24 weeks ... getting so close to Viability!!

2. How are you feeling?
    A little bit better.. wondering if iron supplements may be helping me, then again I also started taking anxiety medicine regularly, so maybe that's it!

I belong in the monday ticker change now, I was Sunday, but Dr officially changed me to 2/11/19 after A/S.

4. Any appts this week?
    Nope, but I'll go in next week for the GTT

Somewhere with lots of naps and resting.. is dreamland a place? 
  • 1. How many weeks? How big is baby? 23 weeks. One week until v-day!

2. How are you feeling? Like garbage. Between bronchitis and still recovering from the flu, it's bad enough. Then turns out my iron levels are non-existent, which is another reason I'm so tired and probably have such severe RLS. I start IV iron infusions this week and I'm hoping it helps.

3. Rants/Raves/Questions? How am I still puking at 23 weeks? Between the nausea and heartburn, I'm throwing up almost daily still.

4. Any appts this week? IV iron Wednesday - I'm looking forward to the downtime. They bring be warm blankets and food and ice chips while I lay back for a few hours and watch TV uninterrupted. It will be glorious.

5. What fictional world do you wish you could live in? No brainer. Harry Potter.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...
  • @kayjay44 I thought viability was 26 weeks?
  • megpants209megpants209 member
    edited October 2018
    Cauliflower or something? 

2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. Had lots of back pain last week but it seems to be a little better so far. 

Can I continue to rant about my FILs gf who continued to be inappropriate ALL weekend? 

4. Any appts this week?
    Yep! Checkup Friday then glucose text Monday I think. 

Oohh this is tough... can I create one where I eat without gaining weight, am always well rested, and the people and animals I love live forever? 
  • @lzzfrancisco I think she’s just meaning the point that more babies survive. By 26/27 weeks it’s almost as high as full term but even before the survival rates are high!
  • @lzzfrancisco - it’s actually considered as low as 22 weeks now, but 24 is the most widely accepted at this time - it’s changed each time I’ve had a kid so IDK. My MWs classify it now as 24 weeks so I’m going based off of that because it’s one more milestone before this baby gets here and I’m ready to be DONE - not that I want to have the baby now - I just want to fast forward to February  :D

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• jessier19jessier19 member
    edited October 2018
    24 weeks. Baby is a cantaloupe.

2. How are you feeling?
    Hormonal. So hormonal.

My husband is sort of a saint for putting up with all of my mood swings this week.

4. Any appts this week?
    None, but after wrestling endlessly with nurses not calling me back I finally got my endocrinologist to raise my thyroid dose this week, so there's that I guess.

Star Trek, the Next Generation.
  • sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited October 2018
    Day late but I was traveling ;)

24 (as of yesterday); cantaloupe!

2. How are you feeling?
    Ok.  Mostly stressed because we have a long to do list looming.  Heartburn is being managed ok. Insomnia went away on my vacation, probably because I was walking so much, and sleeping in a KING bed. Magic.

Rant-People at the airport; airports; airlines- you get the gist
    Raves- my toddler for being an ace traveler
    Questions- existential mostly ;)

4. Any appts this week?
    Thursday AM I have OB and the GD screening drink thing. I did not have GD with DS so fingers crossed.

@jessier19- you will probably appreciate that mine is from Next Gen too, but the episode The Inner Light, where Picard lives an alternative life on another planet, where everything is really lovely.
  • @sjnsjnsjn yes!!! The end of that episode always makes me so sad
  • @jessier19- Of course it does! I have not seen that episode in years but I think of it at the strangest times.
  • @megpants209 and @kayjay44
    I did some googling last night, and holy shit that is so exciting! Seriously the best news I've had in about 6 weeks! Yay!!!
  • @lzzfrancisco it is really exciting! A friend of mine adopted a baby who was born at 24 weeks so I started researching it then because I didn’t even realize babies could survive that early.