TTC after 35

TTCA35 Check in Weeks of 10/22/18 and 10/29/18

amandahwritesamandahwrites member
edited October 2018 in TTC after 35
Figured we could do 2 weeks since we're pretty low-traffic. 

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  What are your Halloween plans? 

Re: TTCA35 Check in Weeks of 10/22/18 and 10/29/18

• amandahwritesamandahwrites member
    edited October 2018
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD25, maybe 10DPO

Prenatals, CoQ10, Vitamin D

Rants/Raves:
    O day was very unclear this cycle. I finally logged my "slightly less negative" OPK in FF as a positive, and then it said I ovulated Fri the 12th, which mostly fits with my other signs and temp rise. If it wasn't then, I think it was Sunday the 14th (which FF didn't register). So I'm on high alert as to when AF might start, Thurs or Sat, most likely.

Also had our introductory meeting with the RE. She felt my luteal phase might be a problem, I guess because even though it's 12 days I've started spotting a day or two before. So of course after AF I'll need to call to get my Day 3 testing scheduled. Or by a miracle maybe I'm KU this cycle, but I doubt it!

ETA: Oh, and a RAVE to follow-up on the last check-in! I don't have breast cancer! :smiley: Apparently they're not even cysts; just lumpy breast tissue. U/S only; I didn't get the mammogram due to being in TWW (would've scheduled everything for after anticipated AF if I'd known that was a concern) and am supposed to go back after AF for that. But I'm relieved either way.

Questions for the group:
    Any suggestions for supporting hubby with his SA? (Tues the 30th.) He's pretty private with this stuff and not looking forward to his "special time" with the collection cup. 

GTKY:  What are your Halloween plans?  None, really! Our dog barks a lot whenever the doorbell rings, so we'll just stick a bowl of candy out on the porch and call it good. 
  • Figured we could do 2 weeks since we're pretty low-traffic. 

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): benched due to surgery yesterday 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): have no idea 

Still taking prenatals as hopefully we will pick up when I’m recovered 

Rants/Raves: had hip replacement yesterday and am home now.  Walking around pretty good with my walker.  I can put on my own shoes socks and tie my shoes. Haven’t been able to do that in over a year 

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  What are your Halloween plans? None my DH will take my DS out
  • Loading the player...
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD3

Prenatals, CoQ10, letrozole 

Rants/Raves: started my dream job a week ago, then broke my foot last night :( my husband is also in a walking boot still from his surgery, so we are a sad household right now

GTKY:  What are your Halloween plans? We are taking our 10 month old out for a short trick or treat session, then watching a movie in our neighborhood park
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ***TW: BFP***

Soooo on Wednesday, 12DPO, I got a positive on a FRER. Called the RE's office; they had me come in that afternoon for blood tests. Called me yesterday to say pregnancy is confirmed, and TSH and progesterone levels look good. I'm going back this morning for more bloodwork to confirm hCG is doubling as expected.

Both nurses who've talked to me say my husband and I have made it look easy, LOL. I didn't even have the opportunity to go in for day 3 bloodwork, and the office said it was fine to cancel Husband's SA. 

I'm cautiously optimistic, since I know chances for m/c this early into pregnancy remains pretty high--technically, today is the first day of my missed period. So if folks don't mind, I may lurk here till the week 6(ish) U/S.
  • @amandahwrites wow you do make it look easy, congrats! We have a real streak going in this board lately!
  • Congratulations @amandahwrites

Hello, I am a 39 yo, diagnosed POI/DOR about 4 years ago. TTC with help if RE for 6 months now

Status: CD3 about to start my second Clomid/Ovidrel cycle, this time with IUI. Hopefully the second week of November. 

What are you doing this cycle?: Clomid 100 mg day 5-9, Ovidrel trigger. I take a prenatal, CoQ10, DHEA, Vit E. Any other suggestions? 

Rants/Raves: Any tips on making DH more involved with the RE process? 

Questions for the group: Does anyone have any suggestions for anything else that would help? Dietary changes? 

GTKY:  What are your Halloween plans. I worked late!