June 2019 Moms

The craving thread

Re: The craving thread

• Give me all the carbs. Preferably with peanut butter or cheese.
  • @Asavka the doritos and sour cream actually sounds really good to me! It makes me want some doritos and top the tater, that stuff is so good!
  • Loading the player...
  • OOH oh my gosh YUM. I might have to go to Target and grab some after work now! Haha
  • @luckystar28 I am with you on the not eating things train. Baby carrots and crisp apples seem to be the only things my stomach is happy with. DH is not happy with this arrangement, since I usually do all our meal planning and bake all our bread.
  • Thanks ladies! That makes me feel better about going home and eating a giant plate of pasta haha
  • @goodgodlemon BTW... Bravo for the best screen name ever! Every time I read it I hear Alec Baldwin's voice.
  • @spacepiraterunner apples are the only thing that has consistently sounded good to me lately too. 
  • Pretty much living on saltine crackers. Sorry baby :/ I hope my prenatal makes up for this :( 
  • antera23antera23 member
    edited October 2018
    Just like last time I’m craving peanut butter (especially peanut butter and jelly) and Thai food. Actually the first thing that made me go hmmmm maybe I’m pregnant, was my craving for Thai food. Thinking about eating eggs makes me sick. 

I always crave McDonald’s so all your comments about craving McDonald’s made me giggle :smile:
  • OMG seafood, Funyun chips and cupcakes. 
  • I'm glad to hear some of you ladies are also craving apples! I don't even like apples normally, but the only things I felt like eating today were apples and plain white rice.

I have been letting DH and DS survive on leftovers the past couple days, because meal planning/cooking is really hard when nothing sounds appetizing!
  • Thanks everyone for the McDonald's idea.. convinced DH to stop and get me a large fry... it was DELICIOUS. I also have had a huge craving for seltzer water. 
  • Both times I have been the thirstiest pregnant person. And I want sweet carbonated things. I got some grapefruit Italian soda at Trader Joe’s yesterday and it hit the spot. Also white rice. And all things carbs. But honestly that’s not so different for me... I think I just let myself eat worse when I’m KU. 
  • I think I will pick up some apples today too. It is less about what I am craving and more about what I think I can stand to eat. White rice and bagels are some of my favorite things normally, so I will probably stock up so I have at least something I can eat when our planned dinner doesn't sound good.
  • I just turned to DH and asked him to go get McDonald’s for lunch 😂 We just got back from vacation yesterday so there’s no food in the house. I’ve been craving beef! And I’m not a beef person at all usually. Burgers and steak especially! We had 5 Guys last night too but I just want another burger. No aversions yet. Also sour things... I ate a box of Sourpatch Kids for breakfast 🤷🏼‍♀️ Chinese food sounds amazing too! I might ask for PF Chang’s tomorrow night as my birthday dinner. Now I’m really hungry 😋 
  • I feel like a lot of you guys said you’re craving apples. Turns out I am too!! But only super crunchy ones. Thanks for the inspiration 😉
  • I am a chocoholic. both babies 1 &2 I craved sonic shakes but no this one Hates when I eat chocolate any kind, candy, cookies, hot chocolate chocolate milk..... I'm so heart broken :'(:'(
  • Thankfully I am back to being disgusted by the thought of McDonald's!  Two times seemed to do the trick ;)

Now I want all things Mexican....

• When I got out of my car this AM, I got a whiff of fried food and instantly knew I needed a chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A.
  • @wearyfuzzball I LOVE their chicken biscuits. YUMMMM. I'm so happy they're offered all day now!
  • I keep thinking I know what I’m craving but then I actually get it, and it makes me want to puke. So I’m not trusting my cravings anymore 😩 everything sounds so good until it doesn’t. 
  • @srscott3 That is exactly how I am! Once my craving is sitting right in front of me, my stomach starts turning. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • srscott3 said:
    I keep thinking I know what I’m craving but then I actually get it, and it makes me want to puke. So I’m not trusting my cravings anymore 😩 everything sounds so good until it doesn’t. 
    Same. My strawberry banana smoothie this morning nearly sent me to the porcelain gods.
  • @ShadeofGreen816 Honestly, I love pretty much everything from CFA, but that option of a chicken biscuit all day is amazing 😻
  • @wearyfuzzball I need said chicken biscuit now. I've only ever had their chicken strips! 
    TW

• @eleven_ The chicken strips are good, but the chicken biscuit is a game changer. Sometimes I like to go a little crazy and add some strawberry jelly (better than it sounds!)
  • @bakerstreetboys where in Ontario are you? I can try to smuggle some chick-fil-a across when I go see my parents in Sarnia in a couple weeks 😂
  • @bakerstreetboys I'll trade you chick-fil-a for some tim hortons!! I could really go for a chocolate dipped donut right now...
  • Chick-fil-a biscuits are amazing! I’m not really a breakfast person, but I’ll gladly eat breakfast any day if it’s a chicken biscuit.
  • Not a whole lot of cravings but I have noticed I have eaten alot of poutine in the last few weeks... lol
  • @srscott3 Sadly, I'm a few hours away from Sarnia, but thanks ;)  I am still going to Google what a chicken biscuit is though!

@wearyfuzzball Lol, so funny!  I think we overlook Timmy's because there's one on almost every corner!  There's one in my work building and I just picked up a chocolate glazed donut as a special treat for my son who got an A on a math test today.  I wish it would stop looking at me and calling my name....

• This kid only wants cheese and carbs 🙈 I’m gonna be huge at this rate. 

Cheese and crackers or buttered bread is what I’ve been eating. 
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited October 2018
    @bakerstreetboys @srscott3  sign me up for a Tim's Boston Cream!

Signed,

Expat Canuck with frequent escape fantasies that involve retreating to an off-grid lake cottage in Canada, and unplugging the Internet forever. :D
  • I’m having a real aversion to cheese this time which is so weird because I love cheese. Just like with all my pregnancies: living on apples and Taco Bell. 
  • I thought last week I had an aversion to beef, I think maybe it’s just certain beef, because I chowed down on a whopper jr today and it was the most amazing thing ever 😍
  • @carleym93 Me too! And I normally love cheese. Just the thought of it turns my stomach.
    TW

• I have been thinking about a peanut butter chocolate milkshake for two days. I finally got one today and apparently forgot I’m slightly lactose intolerant. Ouch :neutral: 
  • today has been by far the worst craving wise.... I wanted a apple Turkey sandwich and broccoli cheddar soup(Panera) /they gave me the wrong soup. i cried a little. and then I wanted Beijing beef and honey sesame chicken from panda( smells horrid when cold and I couldn't eat it till my lunch break 2 hrs later..... and then of course. a pickadilly extra trechas and the snow cone stand was already closed.... I'm so sad and this baby makes me super hungry. 
  • Plus one for the crackers and cheese.  Toppables (which I never knew were a thing until now), and Baby Bells specifically.  But not eaten together, shrug.  Walking around with a sleeve of crackers in my purse may be a give away....