1st Trimester

Bleeding for 3 days now 6/7 weeks

This is my first time ever being pregnant. I was bleeding for 1day about a week ago went to the er and tests showed I was pregnant. They did a ultrasound and no heart beat but they said it could just be too soon to tell. Went to my main doctor who said I was pregnant and I wasn't bleeding anymore. I haven't gone to the ob yet because my insurance is taking 4ever. Now this week is the week I would normally start my period and I'm bleeding. it's not alot. I cant fill a pad. I'm just really scared and i dont want to lose this baby. I'm 29 years old. Any advice?

Re: Bleeding for 3 days now 6/7 weeks

• This is my first time ever being pregnant. I was bleeding for 1day about a week ago went to the er and tests showed I was pregnant. They did a ultrasound and no heart beat but they said it could just be too soon to tell. Went to my main doctor who said I was pregnant and I wasn't bleeding anymore. I haven't gone to the ob yet because my insurance is taking 4ever. Now this week is the week I would normally start my period and I'm bleeding. it's not alot. I cant fill a pad. I'm just really scared and i dont want to lose this baby. I'm 29 years old. Any advice?
    The only thing you can do is go to the doctor. There's unfortunately literally nothing else you can do. There's nothing you can do or take or stop doing to stop the bleeding. 

Usually, if it's dark brown, it's older blood and not as big of a deal. If it's red, that's more cause for concern. 

I know people who had a miscarriage without ever experiencing spotting. And I know a woman who filled a bath towel, yes, an actual full size bath towel!, and still had her baby safely. Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean a thing either. 
  • I am also experiencing bleeding at 7W 6D. I have had three other pregnancies with no complications. Seeing the blood is SO stressful. I am trying to remaining calm and take it easy. I do notice more blood when I do more and am stressed. No cramps and had two ultrasounds (two days apart) but the heartbeat and everything was good. Was taking amoxicillin for a tooth issue but stopped as I read rare unusual bleeding a side effect. Have to get a tooth extracted next Tuesday. I am praying as much possible that the bleeding subsides. @courtneyfuntes will do so for you and your little bean as well! 🙏🏼