December 2018 Moms

Fitness check in - 10/14

kadeephdkadeephd member
edited October 2018 in December 2018 Moms
It's been about a month since our last fitness check in.  How is everyone doing?  Any advice on continuing to stay active as most of us grow more and more uncomfortable?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Fitness check in - 10/14

• I have been doing mostly OK, though I've definitely slowed down.  I've been swimming about twice a week for 30 minutes and doing yoga a few days a week, mostly as home.  I also try to walk a bit each day.  I am definitely getting uncomfortable moving around on land, but the swimming feels pretty good (mostly, if I don't get a cramp).  Half the time I feel like I'm barely working out and just floating around in there.  Better than nothing I guess!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm just trying to walk more, but the mosquitos here are still thirsty. My OB actually recommended walking up and down Home Depot...one of my favorite activities :smiley: Honestly I spend a lot of time couchin' it on my left side. Keeps my body happy, and pressure off of the anus (trying to avoid hemorrhoids here). 
    Still doing some near-daily cat/cow stretches, they keep my back as happy as it can be. I hope that I can get back to moving when baby is here. Might even get some classy ankle weights for stroller walking. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • @echo-charlietango I am with you on the left side couch laying.  I spend a good chunk of my time there!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm just trying to walk between 10-15k steps a day and remember to do my arm weights 2-3x a week. I've definitely slowed down waking and am experiencing the beginnings of sciatic nerve pain, so I've been breaking my walks into shorter, more manageable chunks of 15-20 min, rather than one long one. So, nothing terribly impressive haha, just hoping to stay as active as possible as long as possible! It's right around this point in pregnancy when I was pregnant with my DD that my sciatic pain was so bad I had to walk with a cane, so I am just grateful every day that it hasn't gotten to that point yet and I'm still pretty mobile! (And hopefully it won't get to that point at all this time!)
  • Still doing body pump 1 to 2 times per week. I just lowered my weight this week from my typical weight on some of the sets. I'm still trying to stay active daily running around after my 3yo but I can feel the extra weight when I am being active and much more tired at the end of the day.
  • @maureenmce 10,000 to 15,000 a day is quite impressive!
  • I’m trying to run twice a week, but I don’t know how much longer I’m going to be able to do it. I’m really hurting the nights I run. I run with a binder on my hips because they feel loose. While I am running it feels good though. 
  • I haven't been able to walk for the past two weeks or so due to pelvic pain, which is a bummer because that was an easy way to burn calories. I think this stuff stays until the end, too, so my walking days are done :(. But I am trying to still do some weights. My goal is 3 times a week (at least that seems to be the maximum possible these days). I am surprised to still see some muscle there  :D 

On the bright side - I saw a lady at the gym who was pregnant last year. She must finally be back from mat leave. She looks fantastic! Probably in even better shape than before, although I can't remember how much she was able to lift back then. I will think of her when I need extra motivation! 

• @ab_canada Sorry your pelvic pain has you benched from walking.  I bet we will all have built or maintained at least a little muscle just from carrying around 20+ additional pounds for three months by the time we give birth.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd Oh, I didn’t think about that. Carrying a baby *has* to result in some good muscle changes! 

Anniversary
  • I'm still trying for kickboxing 2x per week.  I definitely never got back to my goal of 3x per week, and at this point I don't think I could do it. I'm so tired by like 5pm.  

Other than that, trying to walk at least 2 days a week. 

Way to keep active, ladies.  This isn't easy!
  • @kadeephd @echo-charlietango Well, our calves should be getting a decent workout :D 

@scaredunprepared Good for you! I don't think I would have the energy to do something like kickboxing. At least with just doing weights, I can slow down the pace.

• @ab_canada oh I go slow! And I modify and take frequent breaks. 
  • Same as many people here -- slowing down but still trying to remain minimally active through my daily walks with my son. It's finally starting to cool off and become pleasant in the mornings!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Missed my two pregnancy water fitness classes last week due to work. Hoping to go twice next week bc it makes me feel so good & energetic. Plus I sleep better too!
  • @Erinka Water fitness sounds wonderful!

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango It is! It’s offered at the hospital where I’ll deliver. And it’s super packed—probably 25 ish pregnant ladies every class. 
  • @Erinka I've never heard of a hospital offering fitness classes before.  That is neat!  

Pregnancy Ticker