M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: UO 10/18

• Pancakes & French toast are gross. They're both just kinda soggy, and if French toast is supposed to be sweet then why do people insist on soaking it in eggs? Waffles & crepes alllll day.
  • @kianarain I used to feel the same until I had DD1 then my tastes changed or something. I add vanilla and Cinnamon to the eggs for French toast. The eggs make the bread creamy and custardy. Oh man, add a cinnamon crunch on the outside to french toast and it's AMAZING. With cream cheese and strawberries...oh man. I want that now.

Along the same note, I cannot stand syrup on my breakfast food. Especially the fake stuff. Yuck.
  • Loading the player...
  • @molosmiles I mean cream cheese & strawberries will make anything delicious, let's be honest! And agreed - syrup is nast. Except for on brussels sprouts w/bacon :joy: so healthy
  • Agree about Walmart. I used to avoid it as much as possible, but I now take advantage of their grocery pickup almost every week. It’s free, and I don’t have to go in the store. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• @kianarain nooo I love pancakes. But I dont really like the ones from box mix only homemade. And walmrt....as much as I dislike actually going into the store I do get some holiday decorations there, I find it cheaper than other stores. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kianarain I LOVE pancakes!! it's always been one of my favorite foods. 

UO: I would prefer frozen yogurt over ice cream every time. 
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @sweetyjenj 100% agree. I like ice cream but I looooove frozen yogurt. Especially the self serve with all the toppings and sauces. Ugh, so good. Guess I know what dessert will be tonight.

My UO is that I despise the term "educate yourself" when used as (not just in) an argument. It's so condescending.
  • CEBB11 said:
    @sweetyjenj 100% agree. I like ice cream but I looooove frozen yogurt. Especially the self serve with all the toppings and sauces. Ugh, so good. Guess I know what dessert will be tonight.

My UO is that I despise the term "educate yourself" when used as (not just in) an argument. It's so condescending.
    Btw this is more of a MBF but.... I already wrote it so..... 
  • @sweetyjenj @drabong88 I recently stopped totally hating pancakes, but would pick waffles every time. They taste basically the same, it's mostly a texture thing. A little crispy/crunchy > soggy & dense
  • I just don’t pour syrup on anything breakfast related (or anything?). I will do a quick dip if needed before eating but I think it’s so gross when people just pour it on the whole stack and make it all soggy. Sick. 

• @kianarain there's something magical about syrup soaked restaurant style pancakes. I finally discovered a copycat IHOP recipe that I make at home often. Pancakes have been a craving of mine..but not just any pancakes, restaurant style ones. None of this "just add water" bs that I usually don't mind. Then covered in warmed maple syrup. Oh MAN. 

• I hate The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, and think it sends a terrible message. I'm also not a big fan of Love You Forever.   The first part is sweet, but it gets kind of creepy towards the end. 

• I love French Toast, especially with bananas or strawberries on top! My breakfast food I have no love for is bagels...I just don’t get the appeal.
  • @AshVA I agree on Love You Forever - def gets weird as they get older. I haven’t read The Giving Tree in a looong time - I’ll have to check that out again. 

As for breakfast foods, I love any form of simple carbs and sugar!  I’m not as big on savory breakfast foods. I really don’t love eggs and bacon and that stuff. But pastries and pancakes and waffles and all of that is my jam!
  • @AshVA the giving tree is f-cked. That kid sucks so bad. I hope in the world of metaphor where I’m the tree and I just give and give until there’s nothing left that my child isnt a complete asshole. 
  • @tosh24 I’m not Canadian, but growing up in upstate NY by lots of maple sugar farms I love real syrup too!
  • I love all the breakfast foods. And the syrup.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • I guess my UO is that I prefer the fake maple syrup to the real stuff. Partly because I think I'm just more used to the taste and partly because the real stuff is more expensive so I feel like I can't use as much as I'd like.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The UO's on our BMB are so tame compared to my last one LOL people would really bring out the drama, then be friends at the end of the day because they're just opinions. I'm not saying we need to spice it up a bit, just an observation

• ^ so true! Also, I love that we have two different UOs going on today. Good thing we don’t have strict thread police, lol.
  • Real maple syrup is the bomb! And I’ll put it all over any breakfast food available.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Augusta108 OMG I love bagels! Jalapeno and cheese any day of the week. Cinnamon crunch from Panera so good too. I will eat them any time of day.
  • @AshVA DS wanted me to read him I love you forever almost every night for a while. I agree about it a little weird. Like who breaks into their kids house just to rock them to sleep....and who would sleep through that as an adult! I know its just a book and one that I still read DS sometimes, but definately odd in parts. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I get switched right off when people start talking about "organic" or whatever other buzzwords. Everything is hit with chemicals; it's no better than anything else. If I'm googling something and start reading an article that goes into stuff about "entirely organic" "detox" etc. etc. I will promptly stop reading it. Just annoys me.

*This is not an attack on anyone here, if someone has said something about all-natural, organic detoxing... Just a general UO.
  • Agreed @sweetyjenj Our board is almost boring because there is no real debate about anything. I almost said so for my own UO but I feel like I'm already looked at as the pot stirrer around here and didn't think it was a good idea to perpetuate that reputation. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • @sparkymcgeee I almost made it my UO, too! Then decided against it, but still wanted to mention it lol it def makes Thursday more interesting when you get some good drama in the UO thread

• I think it got significantly calmer! The first few brought out all kinds of debatable topics and we were really hung up on the whole pro/anti-vaccination. 

Personal UO: reason why I am not as into it at times is bc there are UO repeats since being part of TB 3 yrs ago. Ex) “I hate all things PSL!” *insert vaccination topic here* 

you know, the usual/typical UOs. Nothing against them but now I just scroll past them as these are really common!
  • @AliKay20 or Beyonce's overrated! Duh! We all agree, lol. I'll usually chime in on my opinion but I have a hard time coming up with UO because I want to add something juicy, but I'm also a low drama person. I totally understand.
  • @molosmiles I would like to Express my disagreement on beyonce being overrated  ;) She is a goddess 
  • @kaf1788 I knew someone would 😂