June 2019 Moms

The craving thread

Re: The craving thread

• You guys are really making me want McDonald's...so maybe that will be tomorrow's lunch since I just satisfied my constant craving for mac n cheese! Also... cucumber water. I don't even really like cucumbers, but I NEED it in my water these days (Feels very high maintenance, but I also don't care).
  • Loading the player...
  • Dunkin Donuts discontinued my craving from last pregnancy. I’m sure something will take its place 
  • For my pregnancy with my son my biggest thing was Burger King Whopper with onion rings and zesty sauce. 
  • @eleven_ @prpl11butterfly
    I also love five guys, but they don’t carry ranch! Like what am I supposed to dip my fries in? FWP
  • @meatballs37 Fry sauce! Just mix mayo and ketchup together :yum:
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @bakerstreetboys @meatballs37 I really want a McDonald’s cheeseburger now! I think it’s the salt. But hitting the drive through in your robe? You are living my best life girl! 
  • I was good and had a decently healthy lunch, but now I am fighting with myself over if that means I deserve dessert or not...
  • @jmvander You definitely deserve dessert. Always, but especially after a healthy meal! ;)
  • I could really go for clam chowder. It’s chilly here and it seems like the perfect thing to break out. 
  • I just had Thai coconut curry soup with a grilled cheese sandwich and it really hit the spot :yum:
    TW

• I still want McDonald's....  The craving for healthy food can kick in anytime now!
  • @JuneBabyH thanks for the support. I came back to my office and my sweet employee had a candy arrangement waiting for me for bosses day. It was meant to be! I don't know that I can blame pregnancy cravings for my need for sweets today or just plain old lack of self control.
  • eleven_ said:
    I just had Thai coconut curry soup with a grilled cheese sandwich and it really hit the spot :yum:
    Ooh, that sounds SO good right now.

• @jmvander I developed such a sweet tooth during my first pregnancy. My motto was "I don't really HAVE to say no." But now it's lasted 3.5 years.
  • @eleven_ all I’ve been eating is Thai. After I finished lunch yesterday, I saved the extra sauce from my chicken panang and have used it on plain rice 2x
  • mandik85mandik85 member
    edited October 2018
    My only craving so far is a plain bagel toasted with mayo and tomato and salt and pepper.  
  • Hummus, salads, and anything hot. We have an amazing hot sauce and I put that sh*t on everything!
  • due to all the deliciousness going on in this post. I now want a McDonalds cheeseburger with buffalo sauce, some mac and cheese from Panera, and five guys fries..... thanks ladies..... now to annoy my SO to infinity and beyond till he caves and picks some up for me 
  • I had a craving for sweets halfway through my last pregnancy that hasn't gone away lol.  Mostly, nothing really sounds good.  A few times I've just had plain noodles for a meal. Sadly, Indian food is making me nauseous which is terrible because I love it. 
  • I need to eat. Everything sounds awful. Blahh. If I don’t eat I feel nauseous and if I eat I throw up. Cool. Le miserable 

• All day I’ve been craving a salad, I have the ingredients to make a salad at home but Since DH was working late and I didn’t need to cook I went to a restaurant in town and bought one.

also a salad is a weird craving for me. Normally I want all the carbs/fried food. Tomorrow DD and I are going to McDonald’s for lunch, not sure who is more excited me or her:)
  • allydsalallydsal member
    edited October 2018
    @luckystar28 try fruits. watermelon and melon and grapes usually help settle my stomach
  • Well found my culprit...red meat is my aversion for now. I really hope this doesn’t last the whole pregnancy 😩
  • oh how I need pickles and trechas/tajín/ Lucas or whatever its called..... I took down a whole plate yesterday.... it was so good i want more.
  • Had my first true food aversion yesterday - celery and almond butter. I took one whiff on the almond butter and my stomach said NOPE.
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 nooo!!! That's a bad one. I had it with DS. Couldn't eat burgers my whole pregnancy. It's my dad's favorite thing to cook and I ate dinner there a lot while preg. A lot.
  • I had to spit out a banana this morning. It was overly ripe so I’m hoping it’s not a complete aversion. Maybe it’s more a texture problem then a banana specific issue. 
  • I don't think I can get through the day without a cranberry limeade from Sonic. But why oh why does everything have to be so far away from me!
  • Omg I have a PSA for everyone because I can't be the only one who didn't know this. I was looking up the nutrition facts for a Sonic cranberry limeade because I know it is pretty bad. I was thinking maybe I ought to just get a 0 calorie/no sugar flavor in a slush. BUT JUST THE SLUSH MIX ITSELF IS 380 CALORIES FOR A LARGE. It doesn't matter if you get a 0 sugar add in, the slush is basically all sugar. I thought it was pretty much just ice!
  • I can't stop eating Doritos dipped in sour cream. It sounds so gross, I know! I've never eaten it before this pregnancy. Every day I have to get a little fix. And then it's also pickles, tomato juice, and any bubbly lemon-y beverage. I can not get enough. I need to watch it because I gained WAY too much weight with DD and I am going to be much healthier this time. But hey, give yourselfs a break ladies, right? It's still so new! ;)
  • @prplbttrfly77 Same for me. I'm actually getting stressed about it. All I want are carbs and I want to eat more frequently  :'( 
    TW

• @eleven_ its aweful. I remember eating sooo much toast with DS. The guys use to make fun of me because I brought in a loaf of bread every Monday.
  • @eleven_ @prpl11butterfly Carbs have been the only thing I'm really craving. No real aversions yet but the only thing I genuinely want is carbs...did your carb cravings last all pregnancy last time?? or does this eventually go away? Really hoping to get on the healthy eating train at some point...
  • @goodgodlemon It was a lot easier for me to eat healthier in the second and third trimester. I remember eating a lot of salads and smoothies after the carb cravings went away. The first trimester is just awful  :s 
    TW

• srscott3srscott3 member
    edited October 2018
    I think this is all in my head. I definitely *could* eat healthy. I’m choosing to have all the carbs because I know I’m pregnant 😂 I really need to stop because I did this last time with DD and I gained way too much
  • I agree after 1st tri is easier. Right now it's just about eating what you can tolerate (imo).