October 2018 Moms

Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Oct 19)

This check-in is for October 2018 Babies who are now pooping in diapers and their sleep deprived Moms. 

1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week?

2) How are you feeling, Mom?

3) Rants / Raves / Questions?

4) GTKY: Do you have a favorite new baby hack?

Re: Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Oct 19)

• 1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week?

Sawyer and Theodore are a month old on Sunday!! Oh my lord I cant believe I had them 4 weeks ago!!! 

I'm tired.. emotionally drained from my breakdown last night.. no one slept until dad got home from work and they became sleepy Angels for 2 hours then it was back to screaming and not sleeping... I cried more than they did last night...

Rants, I wish Sawyer would sleep.. and that they would sink up more during the day.. but hopefully we'll get there one day.

No.. but I'm eager to check out what other people have!

• Loading the player...
  • 1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week? 6w tomorrow, 1w until due date. We transitioned to newborn clothes and diapers this week! 

2) How are you feeling, Mom? Good. Tired. Trying to figure out bfing vs eping... which is simplest and best for her, not only my own needs. 

3) Rants / Raves / Questions? I thought I was good, but I think in a lot of ways I'm so coming to terms with her being early. There's a lot of pregnancy and birth things I missed out on, and I don't know why. I'm just realizing it's effecting me more than I thought. 

@knottieamusements I found that with DS! It's awesome! 

Here's my favorite swaddle video that helped with DS. They worked so much better than the swaddlemes.

https://youtu.be/pYcEdhidzVY

2 weeks!  LO is crushing it in the weight gaining and a pound over birth weight after losing 10% initially.  

Tired!  Other than that goooood 

We need to switch our days and nights ASAP.  We already do the whole quiet, limited lights, no playing thing at night and lights on, shades up, noisiness during the day.  Suggestions welcome! 

Nope, but I can’t wait to see everyone else! 

• @knottieamusements THANK YOU for posting that video!!  I need it.  I will pat LOs back for ages with no results and then 15 mins later she throws up an entire bottle.  I’ve been looking for alternate methods! 

Clark is 1 week old already, I can't believe it! 

Good. I ended up tearing so feeling pretty sore down there, but otherwise pretty great.

Just feeling really happy. Clark is a happy baby with a healthy appetite so that's been a blessing. BF started off rough but finally feeling more comfortable with it, which I'l grateful for.

Definitely still trying to figure this parenting stuff out, so looking for ideas here!

• MylittaMylitta member
    edited October 2018
    @KFrob One of the things that helped with day/night reversal was waking them up. Mostly they eat every 2-3 hours, but once a day they'll go 4 or 5 hours. Don't let them do it during the day. If they sleep too long, wake them up to eat. They'll move the long stretch to night when you don't wake them up. It'll extend to night time. It takes a few days to a week, but it worked well for us twice now. 
    Eta: so obviously do it with your kids schedule. If they eat 2.5 hours go by that. They also might add a feeding in. So if they eat every 3 hours, just before bed they might eat every 2 hours a couple times - then sleep 4-5 hours. They're making up the feed they sleep through and that's totally normal. Or they do it on the back end after they wake up. 

Andrew turned 1 month old yesterday. He’s 10 lbs and officially moved up to 3 month clothes :'( his pedi also put him on Zantac to help his reflux. I just hope it helps make him less miserable. 

I’m okay. I’m loving the newborn snuggles but I’m feeling overwhelmed in general. His pedi does a PPD screening questionnaire for moms at the 1 month checkup (which is a change from our last pedi) and she wants me to talk to my OB at my PP checkup next week about getting back on my antidepressant and/or getting into therapy. I knew I had a higher chance of ending up with it this time since I had it with my 2nd, but it’s still defeating. 

No.

I can’t think of any right now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tlmill that's really neat that his pedi does the screenings!