February 2019 Moms

PGAL Check-In Oct. 17-23

1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally?

3. Any appt updates?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY- anyone dressing up for Halloween? What are your (and/or your kids) costume plans? Bonus: favorite ever Halloween costume!

Re: PGAL Check-In Oct. 17-23

• 1. How many weeks are you? 21+5

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? I have my ups and downs. I wish I would be able to feel baby kicking more but with the anterior placenta I think I'm going to have to wait a few more weeks to get regular movement. 

3. Any appt updates? Went in today to get another prescription for my BV, ick. Got to hear baby on the doppler though, woohoo

4. Rants/raves/questions? BV go away! You make it so I feel gross all the time and can't have sex! 

5. GTKY- anyone dressing up for Halloween? What are your (and/or your kids) costume plans? Bonus: favorite ever Halloween costume! I am so uncreative but this year DH and I are doing Miss Mona and the Sheriff from the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 22 weeks today.

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically I’m fine. Mentally I’m going through an anxious stint. Yesterday I felt no movement at all, and while baby is back to his usual active self today, I can’t shake the feeling that anything could go wrong at anytime. I keep seeing stories and articles online about women losing their babies in second and third tri. I probably need a break from the internet.

3. Any appt updates? - Regular OB appt tomorrow. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? - Meh.

5. GTKY- anyone dressing up for Halloween? What are your (and/or your kids) costume plans? Bonus: favorite ever Halloween costume! - I’m too lazy to do Halloween. It wasn’t a thing where I grew up anyway. I guess I’ll have to deal with it once baby is older though!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 22+5

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically I feel totally normal, except that my belly feels uncomfortable when I bend over (so now I have to do a wide squat when I bend over). Mentally, I'm in a similar boat as @grebretso. I've read a few articles of late-term losses, and while all of those people had pretty obvious issues with their own health or with their pregnancy, I also get freaked out that something will spontaneously go wrong. Over the past few days I've stopped reading anything about stillbirth and that type of thing to avoid excess worry.

3. Any appt updates? I've got a regular checkup next week.

4. Rants/raves/questions? I've got one student assistant who's all into talking about feelings, and asks me every day, in a sickly thoughtful voice, "How are you feeling?". It annoys me to no end, but this person is very emotional, so saying something like "Don't ask me how I'm feeling" would probably crush them. :unamused:

5. GTKY- anyone dressing up for Halloween? What are your (and/or your kids) costume plans? Bonus: favorite ever Halloween costume! I don't really get into Halloween. Though I did dress up my dog one year as a mermaid and she was so annoyed with me. I loved it.
  • 1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally?
    Physically, tired. Starting to get achy if I do too much. Mentally, doing ok right now.

3. Any appt updates?
    Nope, in between appts right now.

Got to see baby movement from the outside last night! I don’t remember that really happening with DD until later in the pregnancy.

5. GTKY- anyone dressing up for Halloween? What are your (and/or your kids) costume plans? Bonus: favorite ever Halloween costume!
    DH and I don’t really dress up. I did get myself a maternity shirt with a jack-o-lantern face on the belly though. DD (4yrs) is dressing up as Rosie the Riveter. She looks super cute. I’m glad she still let me pick this year - I’m pretty sure it’s the last year I’ll get away with it. Bonus: DD was Madeline last year. It. Was. The. Best.

• @grebretso I agree, I feel like pregnancy horror stories have been following me this pregnancy too. It makes it hard to relax. The internet should know better! Positive stories only!
  • @grebretso @wrensnest @hannahbananas11 same here! I haven’t been trying to seek these horror stories out but they keep finding me! Must learn to close browser windows 
  • @eggsandwich2019 I know, right?? They just pop up! **TW** Today I saw a story about a woman who lost her baby 10 days before due date. Textbook normal pregnancy, but baby got wrapped in the cord and died. Two days earlier she'd had a perfectly fine checkup. **End TW** I know those cases are extremely rare, but holy hell. that's terrifying! And that story was just in the paper I read, not even a pregnancy related website or anything. We don't need those kind of horror stories right now!
  • @grebretso I've seen stories just like that, and they terrify me. I try to reason with myself that the vast majority of normal pregnancies end with a healthy baby and healthy mama. But these stories make it hard to keep reason in mind!
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 22! Where did the time go???

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Goodish. Really uncomfortable. My belly isn't huge but it feels like it is just so heavy. Plus it will be super firm sometimes to the point wher it bothers me. Mentally ok. Trying not to worry about the fetal echocardiogram I need to have done because of my cord issue. The stupid place hasn't even called me yet! Going to follow up with my OB tomorrow

3. Any appt updates? Routine OB tomorrow. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? My belly hurts, suggestions? Never had strong abs. And I totally crushed the spirit of a coworker. She kept touching my belly and it annoyed the crap out of me. I just sort of had a moment and flipped on her for invading my space. So she is now avoiding me.

5. GTKY- anyone dressing up for Halloween? What are your (and/or your kids) costume plans? Bonus: favorite ever Halloween costume!  I love dressing up for Halloween. This year hubby wanted me to be a cow. No thanks, already feeling fat enough. So I will be a cat. So excited. I don't know a favorite. It is hard to choose. Hubby did the inflatable t rex which was awesome because at thr party we went to my boss was an inflatable sumo wrestler. Good times. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you?

22w 4d
    2. How are you feeling?

Physically? Tired and huge

Mentally? Up and down. High risk docs are doom and gloom even though everything is in the normal range. My mw is super cool. 

3. Any appt updates?

Growth check us for baby (every two weeks) is next week. Just had first glucose test and passes (horray unlimited bagels)!

With the rest of the ladies wishing horrible stories weren't popping up everywhere and doing my best to be rational. 

“My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances”