January 2019 Moms

Chiropractor during pregnancy?

Anyone seeing a chiropractor during pregnancy? How often are you going? Why are you going? Is it helping?

Im having a lot of hip pain and was talking to a coworker who just had a baby and ahe told me to go see a chiropractor. She said she went throughout her pregnancy and it helped her with back pain.  I already reached my out of pocket max for the year, so im kind of thinking why not?

Re: Chiropractor during pregnancy?

• @alannac1 This was actually a topic of conversation somewhere else... Maybe in the symptoms thread? A lot of ladies go to the chiro, but make sure it's a good one that you can trust, and that they take prenatal seriously.
    You might find massage therapy just as good. I find my hips are most painful when my back muscles and glutes are feeling stressed and tight. Prenatal yoga has really helped a lot.
  • I have my first chiro appointment this week. My doula recommended one that is very well trained for prenatal and postpartum chiropractics so definitely do your homework for a good provider. I honestly don't really have any back discomfort yet but I have a feeling it's coming and I am preemptively going to make sure my alignment is good to go for labor/delivery.
    Also, they have massage therapists on staff and that also gets billed through my insurance so I can go get prenatal massages there once a week for a $6 co-pay, can't beat that...
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m going for the first time on Thursday. She is fully certified in pregnancy care so I will see if she is able to help me! I’m having back pain and my babe is transverse so I want to make sure she has as much room as possible in there! I’ve also heard that regular adjustments can help speed up labor/birth so I’m all for that! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yes! I have gone through each of pregnancies and found it to be super helpful for hip and back pain. Plus a chiro who is certified for pregnancy can help keep things aligned which helps baby and hips be well positioned for delivery.
  • Thanks everyone!

And sorry for reposting a topic! 😳
  • @alannac1 Nooo, sorry! I didn't mean to come across as catty. I just meant you might find more responses if you can find the other discussion. :smile:
  • @leighbrek, no my bad! I didnt think you came off catty at all 😀 
  • @cait32 you basically said what I was going to say  :D during my first pregnancy I went and it helped SO MUCH, but I previously didn't believe chiropractors actually did anything. I didn't know that unscientific evidence about faster birdsb, though!! Mine was 8 hours with a first baby and I had to even be induced. Nurses and doctor were shocked when I was ready to push and nothing was ready. I'm going to a chiro again this time and I've been going once a week, though this week I skipped because I'm doing much better. @alannac1 it took about 3 visits before I felt better, though my issue was painful SI joints and my hips were slightly misaligned. Now I have no SI joint pain :) 
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19