Infertility
Options

Which Cryobank to choose

We are going to be shopping around for donor sperm in the very near future.  My fertility clinic suggested California Cryobank and Seattle Cryobank.  Have any of you used either one of these and what was your experience.  Seattle Cryobank is significantly less expensive but that makes me wonder why they are so much cheaper.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Re: Which Cryobank to choose

• Options
    Our doctor suggested California Cryo as well.
    I haven't looked at other sites yet because we just found out yesterday that this is the only option after two failed IVFs. 
    But CCB's website, criteria, features, options, etc are phenomenal. I'd never been on a sperm donor site. I had zero clue all this was available.
  • Options
    When we shopped around for sperm donors we found a few places that were relatively cheaper ($200 per vial vs $750 per vial). When we dug a little deeper we found the cheaper places had more complaints and errors - one clinic even shipped the wrong sperm sample because of a typo and the woman didn’t know until after the baby was born! Some things are worth the extra cost. The 2 best sperm banks nationally are California Cryobank and Fairfax Cryobank. I went with Fairfax and had a great experience. I used a donor with open ID so my kids can contact him when they’re 18 and we got tons of information and pictures.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cchun33 I work as an embryologist and I mostly see people using CCB so I figure that's the most popular choice (probably for a good reason). I have seen Seattle Sperm Bank, Fairfax, and Xytex as well. Honestly most donor sperm is of good quality and I can't really think of having any issues with any of the above. Good luck!

I am Embryoman - your friendly neighborhood embryologist!
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    @cchun33 hi there.. we used california cryobank and so have have had great experiences. Their website is user friendly, their customer service dept is super helpful, and we actually had a local branch so saved on shipping costs since we can just store it there. ALSO, when mulling over which donor to go with, I purchased a couple of the "a la carte items" (baby pics) and then speaking with customer services I told them I was having a hard time deciding and they gave me a free month of the all access profile which really helped us alot! Good luck