March 2019 Moms

PGAL check in 10/8-10/14

1. How many weeks are you? (Late loss mommas, I’m not forgettting about your milestones. Just not sure if it’s helpful for all the others to chime in every time that they are past theirs).

2. How are you feeling physically? Mentally?

3. Appt updates?

4. Rants, raves, questions?

5. GTKY- Family- is it awesome? Or all drama?

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

Re: PGAL check in 10/8-10/14

• 1. How many weeks are you?
    16w4d

2. How are you feeling physically? Mentally? Heartburn is BAD but it’s better than the MS. Starting to feel pretty achy and slow, scheduled myself a massage later this week.
    Mentally I’m 50/50. I’m feeling the baby move which helps, but I’m also starting to worry that if something happened now,it would be so much worse than what I’ve been through before. It was my worrying about every little thing.

3. Appt updates? I have to take the glucose test early this week because of family history and some faster than expected weight gain 😳

4. Rants, raves, questions? When we moved into our house at the first of the year, we had lots of home improvement projects. We left the floor of the 2nd spare bedroom because it wasn’t important. Now it’s the nursery we never thought we were going to have. We finished the floor this weekend and I bought the cribs. I realized that I hadn’t bought anything yet, and this was sort of intense.

5. GTKY- Family- is it awesome? Or all drama? My family (and DHs) drives me absolutely batty almost all the time. Shockingly I survived a visit from my MIL yesterday (at dinnertime, with only an hours notice). That is definitely a rarity for us!!

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

18 + 5 today

I feel great physically. Mentally, I feel very lucky to be feeling great physically!  I have been feeling movement for awhile now and by now it is more consistent and noticeable. 

3. Appt updates?
    Not quite yet. Anatomy scan tomorrow morning to make sure everything is kosher before the 20 week mark. We're not finding out the sex, so it's sliiiiightly less exciting than it was last time. But I still can't wait!

Not that I can think of?  Maybe after tomorrow. 

With my family, with the exception of my dad (parents are divorced), it is awesome. With my husband's family, it is drama, but other than his mom (which is usually fine and drama-free) we really don't have any interaction. 

When I had my girls, my husband was in Europe and we lived out of town with no family around so his parents came to "watch" me and help just in case, and without going into detail it was a total and complete disaster and our relationship has never been the same. Needless to say I don't want them anywhere near me anytime soon after the next one is born. 
  • Loading the player...
    19 weeks

Feelin great physically besides aches and pains. Mentally it's been a little harder the last few days. 

3. Appt updates?
    Anatonmy scan tomorrow. We are also not finding out the gender. I'm so excited to see the baby. I havent had a scan since the initial one. 

Rave: My mamma!! She came into town last night, brought groceries and cooked dinner. 

Family is awesome! I wouldn't have made it though the beginning of this year without them. My family is super involved and helpful. My in laws are just as great! I went on a river trip with my mother in law and it was so relaxing this past weekend. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 19 weeks 2 days. 

2. How are you feeling physically? Mentally? Starting to get pretty big and slow. The energy isn't there for all I need to get done. Mentally, I am anxious for my anatomy scan today. I hope that they don't find anything out of the ordinary today. 

3. Appt updates? Anatomy scan today! We're team green so I just want everything to check out normal!

4. Rants, raves, questions? Housework and To Do list is piling up. Ugh. Rave: DD2 is having her 3rd birthday party this weekend! <3  (part of the reason for the long to do list!)

5. GTKY- Family- is it awesome? Or all drama? I'd say half and half. There is a lot to be thankful for and a lot of awesome, but we also have plenty of drama just like anyone. (Unfortunately a lot of drama stems from my brother.)
  • Loving all the team green in here!   :)
  • @3rdtime_charmed boo early glucose test, fx you pass with flying colors!

@BuckeyeNut05 and @bluebell08 exciting that we’re getting to anatomy scan time! Hope baby is cooperative!

1. How many weeks are you? 17+3

2. How are you feeling physically? Mentally? Pretty good physically, nausea is gone and less tired. But now I’m hungry constantly and am putting on weight too fast. Mentally still struggling. I’ll be good for a few days after a good appointment, but then by a week later I’m getting nervous that looking at nursery themes or sharing the news is going to jinx this or something. (Wildly rational, I know...) 

3. Appt updates? All the genetic blood work came back low risk, which was a relief.

4. Rants, raves, questions? Anyone have a good way to manage pregnancy weight gain in a healthy manor? Not looking to diet or anything silly, just try to slow the progression a bit! 

5. GTKY- Family- is it awesome? Or all drama? A bit of both, more on my side than DH... little sis & stepmom are drama, and my mom can be a bit of drama/all the guilt trips, but she makes up for it by being very supportive and a super doting/helpful grandma. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? 15w4d

2. How are you feeling physically? Mentally? Battling horrible acid reflux / heartburn. This weekend was the worst, even having water triggered it. Luckily Amazon will be here today with different kinds to see what works best.

3. Appt updates? Had a quick belly check last Friday. Everything was good, but doctor sent a referral to a high risk doctor just to double check everything is ok with another ultrasound, etc.

4. Rants, raves, questions? Rave: My mom bought a house and will be moving to town in a few weeks. Rant: Having to fly to get my 80 yr old grandma and drive her 16 hours in the car. It'll probably be fun, but the idea haunts me being preggo and needing to pee all the time!

5. GTKY- Family- is it awesome? Or all drama? Pretty awesome, not much drama. MH is 1 of 6 kids and they all have kids / families, etc so there's bound to be something sometimes. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @lelkcot I’m also looking to curb the weight gain. I know it’s important to gain with twins but I’m clearly gaining more than I need because it’s going right to my butt. I decided to cut back on the juice and other liquid or empty calories and was happy to see that I didn’t gain any extra this week. I don’t normally do that kind of stuff but was giving myself permission because it sounded good and “I’m eating for three” and it caught up to me pretty fast.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

18 Weeks one day

I’m doing pretty decent mentally. Physically I feel tired pretty quick, but I’m battling either a cold or an infection of some sort so I think that’s playing a part. I have the day off with a list of to dos and need to find motivation to get it done.

3. Appt updates?

Just had a Doppler appt today. It was a quick appt and I think I surprised my OB with not being very nuriotic. I warned her me being neurotic would likely happen after 24 weeks. 

Nothing today really. 

Umm - well my family used to be awesome. My parents announced they were separating the week I found out I was pregnant and my mom officially moved out this weekend. So there’s been drama with that. My husband is an only child who only has his mom now, so not much drama there. He’s not close with his extended family and I love mine on my moms side. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @3rdtime_charmed I was heavy on the carbs first tri to manage my MS and got some bad habits going I think. Ditching juice/liquid calories sounds like a good call, I need to do that! I’ve used food logging before to help me be more mindful of what I’m eating, so I’m trying that again in hopes it helps me get back to a healthier weight gain level. And I feel ya on the weight going to your butt, mine’s notable in my butt and thighs!
  • 1. 17w2d

2. Physically: still feel nauseated and vomiting. Still taking naps and sleeping a lot at night. Mentally: I'm getting anxious. Trying to stay positive. I have an appt on wed, so hopefully that will keep me sane until the as.

3. Regular appt on wed. AS on the 29th. We're team green, just want to hear N is okay and my sch has gone down in size. 

4. Nothing really. Except that I am still not gaining weight. So we'll see what the Dr says on wed. 

5. My family and wife's family are all awesome. Maybe slightly crazy. All with the exception of my father who I haven't spoken to in years.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @bdesterhouse I’m so sorry about your parents, I’ve dealt with that as an adult and it was pretty complicated! Let me know if you need to vent!

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• Thank you @3rdtime_charmed. It’s not ideal. I have no idea how to articulate how I’m feeling right now. I just know I will refuse to deal with whatever these emotions are until after baby is here. She is my number one priority and I’m not letting outside situations that I can’t control dictate my emotions right now. I’m trying to stay as stress free as possible which is way easier said than done.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bdesterhouse that sure stinks about your parents. Not ideal to deal with while pregnant either, I'm sure.

Update from my anatomy scan today: As with my previous 2 pregnancies, I am showing high amniotic fluid again, I think I knew I would by how big I seemed to get since last month. As part of routine I will be getting to set up an appt for a high res scan with an MFM. Hoping nothing comes of it. I just get to be uncomfortable much quicker again!

On the big positive side: everything looks tip-top with baby! Measuring big (as all of ours have done) but everything appears to be in place and functioning. <3
  • @Kenneylynn3 sorry you're still feeling so sick. I've been there and it's miserable.  I hope that ends for you soon!  
  • @Lbloom Good to hear your AS went well overall! I'm also being referred to a MFM. Positive side, you'll get another ultrasound to see your little one a lot sooner again :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• 1. How many weeks are you? 18+1

Pretty good.  We had planned a trip to Georgia to visit family months ago and it finally came this weekend.  I was nervous to be pregnant and have something happen, even had a nightmare while there.  Thankful it was a restful trip and baby is still safe.
    3. Appt updates?
    Two appointments this week.  Seeing mfm and my OB.  I'm thankful for both but after coming back from vacation, I'm not going to be at work much.
    Not much this week.

Both for sure!  My family isn't close and my DH family is almost too close.  Both bring drama.  The Georgia family is my favorite because they are the family I would choose 😆 My MIL is such a good caregiver and my mom is not.  I had minor surgery and was put under and my mom took me shopping for a washer and dryer afterwards.  I could barely stand and was falling asleep. 😮
  • @bdesterhouse when I was pregnant with my son my parents announced their divorce.  It is so hard as an adult child and so different. My parents were pretty ugly about all of it and I still force them to get together yearly for my son's birthday party.  I told them if they want a relationship with him, they have to play nice!
    I hope your little one brings some unity in this hard time.  Sorry you are going through this, especially now!
  • mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited October 2018
    1. How many weeks are you? 17

2. How are you feeling physically? Mentally? Pretty good. Better every time we see baby and apparently that will be regular which I am happy about.

3. Appt updates? Had the first meeting and anatomy scan with my high risk doctor today. She is fantastic and I feel like we are in good hands with her. I’ll see her monthly until 32 weeks then weekly. A little intimidating in terms of # of appointments but I’m grateful they are taking things seriously. 

4. Rants, raves, questions? I guess I was in a weird postion on the table but my back seized up horribly and then my stomach-ish started hurting and I felt like I was going to pass out on the table so I had to keep changing positions and had to stop at one point to stand up. It was so weird and uncomfortable. My back is still hurting  :s

5. GTKY- Thankfully pretty smooth sailing with an annoying (well meaning) MIL mixed in. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited October 2018
    @mamakate1616 Thanks wonderful! Glad your AS went well! I just scheduled mine with the high risk dr for the 1st. Reading your post makes me excited! Hope your back starts feeling better soon :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Sorry to sound crazy. My appt is tomorrow and I know being a FTM at 17+ weeks I know it's normal to not feel baby move. I am so nervous about tomorrow. PGAL brain has a massive hold on me. Just putting this out there. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 I’m 17weeks and a STM and not feeling baby yet either. Doc even said “not feeling baby move yet are you? That’s totally normal” hang in there!
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @Kenneylynn3 I hope your appointment goes well! The only reason I can feel mine moving is because there are two, so my uterus is stretched about 4 “weeks” bigger, but even so I’m not feeling them everyday in a reliable way.
    I hope you can get some reassurance at your appointment.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @Kenneylynn3 You don't sound crazy at all. PGAL is stressful and it sounds like a lot of us get nervous before appts... I know I do. Hope your appt today goes well!
  • Wow a lot of anatomy scans this week! Hope it goes well for all of you! Can't wait til I catch up in 3 weeks haha

1. How many weeks are you? 16+1

2. How are you feeling physically? Mentally? Mentally I am doing alright these days. Like others have said I get paranoid that I'm going to somehow jinx things, so telling people has been a little weird at times. I also can't quite bring myself to shop for any baby things yet but I'll get there. Physically I'm fine other than some sciatic pain, and I'm still tired a lot.

3. Appt updates? Had my 16 week check in yesterday and heard baby's heartbeat again which was reassuring!

4. Rants, raves, questions? I really need work to get less busy. Yesterday I came in 3 hours late because of my appt and I still did the "normal" workload for a full day because we had just that many people come in. 

5. GTKY- Family- is it awesome? Or all drama? Both my immediate family and DH's immediate family are pretty drama free. Everyone has their quirks, but are also mature and we get along. Now the extended family is another story sometimes lol especially my dad's sisters (he has 4 of them) and their families. I love them all but there's a reason we are not as close!
  • @Kenneylynn3 you don’t sound crazy at all, and you’re not alone in this PGAL metal role coaster. I’m a STM at 17+5 and not feeling baby moving. It definitely worries me. Hope today’s appointment goes well and offers reassurance.

@diaphena I’m with you on feeling like I’m somehow going to jinx things. Like thinking about her nursery over the weekend has me extra anxious (which is just silly, but apparently not something I can change right now).
  • @Kenneylynn3 Sending good vibes for a great appointment today!! <3 Hopefully hearing the heartbeat will make everything better :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• laur84nslaur84ns member
    edited October 2018
    @Kenneylynn3 Glad you had a good appointment!

1. I'm 19w 6d today - basically halfway, which is crazy but exciting. 
    2. Physically, good other than (at times crippling) sacroiliac joint pain. Mentally, I'm feeling mostly great, and so happy to have found out the sex of the baby so I can bond. See below for my post-us anxiety though :(
    3. Anatomy scan on Oct. 19th. We had an elective us last weekend and found out we are having a second GIRL! I'm starting to get really excited, though it took me a day to adjust since I was totally thinking boy this time. 
    4. Rant: As I mentioned above, I recently had an elective us at UC Baby (I was 18w 5d). I had it to see baby, get a few pics (we don't get pics at our hospital us here) and find out the sex. Also I have my anatomy scan a bit late (at nearly 21w) and won't get to see my obgyn to go over the results / confirm the sex until Nov 6. Anyway, at the us the tech was very relaxed and cheerful but at one point she did ask "so when is your anatomy scan?" I told her it was about 10 days away and she said "oh, that's good! Not too far away then." I didn't ask why she had asked that, but I should have. Afterwards at dinner I mentioned it to my husband he said he'd found the question odd too and it had crossed both of our minds that maybe she saw something odd/wrong/suspicious during the scan. I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to mention to you if they do see something wrong. Just made me nervous especially since she seemed to be running her wand over baby's heart as she asked. Anyway by the time we got home that night I calmed down a bit and rationalized that her demeanor hadn't changed when she asked, she was cheerful and happy and relaxed throughout the scan, mentioned baby had "all its parts".... maybe she was just curious as to why my husband and I were paying $140 to find out the sex and see baby when, being 18w 5d, we likely had an AS coming up within a week or so. Right? Any thoughts? Am I being crazy for worrying? Ugh I should've just said "why do you ask? Is something wrong?" 
    5. Family: hmm mostly awesome with a healthy dose of drama. We live near my inlaws and across the country from my family. Not much drama on my family's side (probably because I don't get to see much of them). Most of the drama these days is admittedly me being irritated and grumpy and quick to anger about little things my inlaws say or do (luckily I mostly just rant to my DH, and don't take my grumpiness out on them). 
  • I don’t know much about the elective scans but I would hope that if she saw something really serious, she would refer you somewhere else right away. I’m sorry that you are stressing though!! I don’t think you are overreacting either though.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed Thanks for responding (and for getting thru my long post!) My AS is on Friday so I'll just have to make it thru this week and hopefully I'll get a better sense of whether anythings wrong on Friday. I'll be crossing my fingers until then!
  • @laur84ns definitely a disconcerting comment, but I agree with @3rdtime_charmed that, hopefully, if she saw something serious she would have told you. Hope this week passes quickly for you and congrats on your little girl!