May 2019 Moms

Group 2 Check In - w/o 10/15

This thread is for those due May 8 - 14

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What are some unique traditions your family or culture has when it comes to babies/pregnancy? 

Ticker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Group 2 Check In - w/o 10/15

• Due date/W+D: May 13, 10w

Baby is the size of a(n): guitar pick

Any appointments? Questions?: Ob appointment on Friday. No questions really. 

Rants/Raves?: I've been eating a lot healthier and I think it's really having a good effect on my mood. 

How are you feeling?: better. Nausea seems to be letting up some. I'm starving all the time. 

GTKY: What are some unique traditions your family or culture has when it comes to babies/pregnancy? 

None, really. 

• Due date/W+D: Moved to May 8, 10+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Tea Candle

Any appointments? Questions?: NT scan next Friday. No questions.

Rants/Raves?: I’ve been eating an apple every day and it’s helping my constitution. 👍🏼 

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. I feel like I’m not sleeping at all. The nausea is almost completely gone *knock on wood* 🙌🏼

Nothing too crazy. The maternal grandma buys the baby book. That’s all I got.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • robyn2201robyn2201 member
    edited October 2018

Due date/W+D: EDD 05/08, 10w5d’s I think

Baby is the size of a(n): a strawberry

Any appointments? Questions?: nope, NT scan on the 29th.

Rants/Raves?: we are so close to the 2nd trimester ladies!!!

How are you feeling?:  feeling a bit better. The nausea has lessened a little bit. For a couple hours yesterday I felt human!! 

GTKY: What are some unique traditions your family or culture has when it comes to babies/pregnancy? None 

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Due date/W+D: May 11th/ 10+2

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat 

Any appointments? Questions?: ultrasound and NIPT draw on Thursday 

Rants/Raves?: none 

How are you feeling?: pretty good. I've passed both of my loss milestones and the nausea has definitely lessened as I've gotten closer to the end of the 2nd tri. 

GTKY: What are some unique traditions your family or culture has when it comes to babies/pregnancy? No pregnancy traditions.  I make each one a first year book. That's about all I've got. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Due date/W+D: May 12th- 10W2D

Baby is the size of a(n): Olive

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing for two more weeks

Rants/Raves?: Nothing specifically other than my DD constantly crawling into my bed at night. She was booted 2 different times before I just gave in at 5AM. 

How are you feeling?: Overall, much better. I actually feel my worst in the evening after dinner. But the nausea is definitely letting up this week like most of you have mentioned. 

GTKY: What are some unique traditions your family or culture has when it comes to babies/pregnancy? We are Jewish so the baby will be named after deceased relatives. 

DD1- Feb 2015
    DD2- EDD 5/12/2019
  • Due date/W+D: May 14th, 10weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Any appointments? Questions?: Not any time soon 

Rants/Raves?: none

How are you feeling?: Queasiness only happens if I don't eat something every few hours and in the evenings 

People dream of fish supposedly when someone is pregnant, so I wonder if my mom has dreamt of fish??? I'll find out this weekend when we announce. 

• Due date/W+D: 10w,4d. EDD: 5/10

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Any appointments? Questions?: heartbeat check in 2 days and also doing our genetic testing at this appt. Thrilled about what I hope will be a great appointment because after this one we are going to be telling more people at last.

Rants/Raves?: raving about all the baby announcements I've been seeing lately. I have two good friends due in spring with me, and know of two other acquaintances also due in spring. It's fun to be pregnant with others.

How are you feeling?: on and off still. Some days I'm feeling fantastic with a great appetite and other days I want to hurl at every smell.

GTKY: What are some unique traditions your family or culture has when it comes to babies/pregnancy? a few weeks before I was due, my SIL dropped off a "mom care package" for me and said that someone had made one for her, and it was kind of a pay it forward sort of gift. I opened it up and was horrified to see heavy duty pads, hemorrhoid wipes, stool softener, nipple cream. I was like.. why did she do this, I don't need this stuff? But yes. I needed that stuff. The road to recovery after childbirth is not often discussed and I honestly had no idea I needed that stuff. I think it's kind of a little tradition now to make this package for someone you know who is giving birth for the first time. I certainly plan to make them for close friends and relatives.

Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• @peachy13 I would have been horrified too 😂 people talk so much about how painful labor is, but you rarely hear about recovery from pushing a child out of you. I was not prepared for that. For only being able to pee without crying if I squirted water up there 😩😂 oh the hemorrhoids. Why am I doing this again? 😂

In fairness, I was never afraid of labor and delivery, always excited. I still am. I was always afraid of what would happen when I bring a child I have to care for for the rest of my life home. Now I'm afraid of recovering from pushing out a child AND the rest of my life 😂
  • Due date/W+D: May 8th/10w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Baby Sea Turtle Shell <3

Any appointments? Questions?: Had a peace-of-mind u/s yesterday and everything still looks wonderful. Measured right on track again and heartbeat was still at 178. I have the First Tri Screening on the 29th, but they said they don't automatically include the DNA sex blood test. They said it's usually only included if you're at least 35 (I'm 32, almost 33). So, I need to call them and see if I can request it, and if it's covered by insurance. I've met our family deductible for the year, and we are covered 100% after that, so even if it wasn't covered, I still think it would get paid for. They are in-network. I hate figuring out insurance things.

Rants/Raves?:  We made our announcement yesterday, and DD is just absolutely over-the-moon. It just made it even that much more special. She woke up talking about "our baby". It melts my heart. It still almost feels unreal to me though.

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling good, which is nice. Still fairly fatigued, but no real nausea. I'm still hungry all of the time. Just had first lunch at 10:56am, bc I fully expect to be going through the McDonald's drive thru with my free fry coupon later lol.

GTKY: What are some unique traditions your family or culture has when it comes to babies/pregnancy? We are so boring, we don't do anything special. I mean, I can't think of one thing. We do showers (which, in the South, are big soirees-but also common everywhere). I don't think I'll have one since it's the second child though. They may want to have one anyway. Any reason for someone to drink a mimosa. We have baby dedication at our church, but it's not a formal baptism.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @poshspice That's the best miracle cure I've ever heard of! I'm so glaf it's working for you! I wish I could get my taste for coffee back. I was a 1-2 cups every day kind of girl, but I just seem to have an aversion or apathy to it now :( It's rather heartbreaking.

@peachy13 Great gift! I would be happy to make those for friends too! It is such a rough road, and all of those items, and more weird things, are desperately needed.

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Due date/W+D: May 9th, 10w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Prune

Any appointments? Questions?: Just has an appointment today because I had quite a bit of bleeding last night. Ultrasound looked great, baby measuring on track with a HR in 160s. The OB cannot find a reason for the bleeding.

Rants/Raves?: I’m excited for this weekend to hang out with some BFFs from high school and do all the fall things.

How are you feeling?: So nauseous, tired, and bloated.

GTKY: What are some unique traditions your family or culture has when it comes to babies/pregnancy? None

Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Looks like I am jumping over from week 3. OB officially changed my due date today. 

Due date/W+D: 

5/11 (was 5/15) 10 weeks 5 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Strawberry 

Any appointments? Questions?:

I had an appointment with my OB today. We couldn’t hear a heartbeat over the Doppler so I got to have a peek with an ultrasound. I could see the baby wiggling and we got to hear the heartbeat 169. It was especially nice because ds1 ended up having to come and so he got to see the baby moving too. 

Rants/Raves?: my mom is ona cruise in Hawaïi so I haven’t been able to tell her about baby yet!! I can’t wait until Saturday when she is back on land! 

How are you feeling?: 

Nauseous, exhausted, no appetite. First trimester is so fun! Lol

My grannie made an outfit for my dad to be brought home in and every baby since has worn the same outfit including my two boys. It is such a sweet tradition to see all the babies in the same going home outfit that my grannie made. 

• Welcome @Stormiewinter! Congrats on a good appointment

My two DDs got to come to my appointment today too and it was so fun to see their reaction to a wiggly baby. 

• Welcome @Stormiewinter! Congrats on the great appointment!

That's so fun @kbelly777! I'll be glad to bring DD to an u/s sometime!

PitaPata Dog tickers