May 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in 10/10

How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

5. Any milestones coming up? 

6. GTKY: Tell us about your fur babies (if you have them). Now or from other parts of your life. If you currently have a pet, do they help your anxiety at all? 

Re: PGAL Check-in 10/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 7w6d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  Physically fine so emotionally, not well.  I'm worried my symptoms have lessened and this isn't a great sign.  

3. Any appointment updates?  Tomorrow morning, thankfully.  I haven't had any spotting or cramping so hopefully all is well. Just a bundle of nerves right now, and I can't wait to get to the point I can use a doppler and check on things myself (so basically, waiting for 2nd tri). 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?   Nothing today.  

5. Any milestones coming up?   Not yet. 

6. GTKY: Tell us about your fur babies (if you have them). Now or from other parts of your life. If you currently have a pet, do they help your anxiety at all?   We have two dogs, Gonzo and Juliet, and they're both nuts.  Gonzo is my sidekick so he's around if I'm feeling anxious, but mostly they add to my stress because they're pains, ha! 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 8w6d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I’m feeling a lot better after my ultrasound on Friday. I was pretty much symptom free this weekend, which scared me, but I’m back to being really nauseous and tired. 

3. Any appointment updates? Good ultrasound on Friday! Got my NT scan and genetic testing scheduled for October 30th. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? My OB was beyond kind at my appointment. She told me I could come in any time if I was having anxiety for a quick scan/HR check. That made me feel so much better. We also talked about getting on anxiety meds right after I have the baby and scheduling an induction earlier this time. I had a forceps birth with DS and a lot of other complications, so it felt good to talk that all through too.   

5. Any milestones coming up? Past our loss milestone. I’m hoping I’ll feel comfortable sharing the news after the NT scan. 

6. GTKY: Tell us about your fur babies (if you have them). Now or from other parts of your life. If you currently have a pet, do they help your anxiety at all? We have a 3 yr old Bernese Mountain Dog. He’s a great dog and so sweet to DS, but he adds to my anxiety. He has horrible allergies, so it’s been added stress making sure that he is okay on top of everything else. He is worth it though. 
  • Options
    How many weeks are you? 8+2

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally pretty good. Physically, I’ve found that my heartburn medication is helping my nausea, which then makes my anxiety worse for not having symptoms. So I’ve been not taking meds and torturing myself with nausea. Is this a sign of pure craziness?

3. Any appointment updates? Another scan Monday at 9w

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I don’t think so. 

5. Any milestones coming up? 9 week us is where we found out I was miscarrying last time. I’m still going to be a nervous wreck even though we’ve had one good scan. 

6. GTKY: Tell us about your fur babies (if you have them). Now or from other parts of your life. If you currently have a pet, do they help your anxiety at all? 
    We have 1 cat named hank, a lab/shepherd mix dog who is about 9, and a kitten named apple jack. SO got the kitten this summer against my wishes. The kitten gave everyone in our house ringworm and it was lovely. He’s lucky he’s cute. 

We also had a lab/terrier mix named Mia that passed away this summer at 8yo. It sucked so bad and I still miss her a ton every day. She was the biggest sweetheart. 
  • Options
    I’m okay. Just enough nausea and tiredness to feel pregnant, but enough good time to not feel totally depressed.

We had a great u/s Friday, so I’m riding that wave. My next appt isn’t until 10/31. Panorama draw is 10/26 and I have a feeling the next 3 weeks will drag!

Is anyone telling work before the end of the first trimester? I really feel like crap and want to tell my bosses so I can get more WFH days, but PGAL brain is stopping me even though I have been 100% open about my losses at work. It’s more the desire not to be congratulated yet,  but you can’t announce pregnancy without congratulations!  I also sometimes feel like people feel uncomfortable knowing before the end of the first trimester. Like they are too privy to your personal info 

Still 3 weeks from my first loss milestone and 6 weeks from my 2nd loss milestone. I hate that my losses were sooo late because it’s so long before I can get that sigh of relief in.

We got our dog Barney, a black lab/border collie rescue 2 weeks after my 2nd D&C. He was exactly what I needed to direct my nurturing energy. I called him my puppy baby and during my pregnancy with DD when I was suffering severe depression- he and DH were my only beacons of light in the darkness. He’s been an amazing furry brother to DD. First protecting her and now playing with her and reaping the  benefit of the food she drops for him.
  • Options
    @chloe97 I told my boss around 6 or 7 weeks just because it was our monthly one on one and I didn’t want to wait another month to tell her. She knew about my previous loss and has been really great. I’ve told one of my close co workers but no one else at work yet. 

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Okay emotionally. I keep telling myself after each appt that after the next appt it will feel real. Hopefully one of these times it actually does. Physically I feel really sick in the evenings and mid morning, and zombie tired lately.  

3. Any appointment updates? Nov 2nd is our 14 week appt, we will have one in between if we choose to do genetic testing 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I’m hesitantly starting to look at announcement ideas for our family pictures at the end of the month 

5. Any milestones coming up? We are past our loss (found out at 10 weeks baby stopped growing at 8) so now I’m just being overly cautious 

6. GTKY: Tell us about your fur babies (if you have them). Now or from other parts of your life. If you currently have a pet, do they help your anxiety at all? We have two male golden retrievers, they are 5 and 3. They’re the best, they’re fantastic with ds and he’s obsessed with them, so it’s been really fun watching their relationship develop. They definitely helped after our loss, I work from home so much of the time I was just sitting on the floor hugging and crying into them. I really appreciated having them around so I wasn’t totally alone with my feelings. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you?
    7w+5d

I have nausea sporadically throughout the day, but also periods of time that I feel totally normal.  My pgal brain likes to convince me that it's just because I'm on progesterone.  Also tired, but again pgal brain tells me it's because DD (14mon) is up several times per night, still.  The past few days have been uber anxiety-filled, in anticipation of my appointment today.

We had my first u/s today!  Baby is measuring on track with when I am sure that I ovulated and had a heartrate of 142, so all looked good!  I go back in two weeks for another u/s and they even offered that if I felt too anxious I could call and we could do one next week, too.  My clinic is awesome.

None this week

Our loss was at 9+2, so next appt will put me at ease.

Currently we have just one cat, Merlin.  He's lonely (our older cat passed unexpectedly a few months ago), so he's a pest for attention when we are home.  Honestly, it's like he has sibling jealousy with DD, trying to push her out of lap, getting at her food, etc.
  • Options
    @chloe97 I told my boss this week and a couple of my work besties know. I probably would’ve waited longer to tell my boss but he was super supportive during my last loss. 
  • Options
    How many weeks are you? 10 weeks exactly

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically I had been feeling a bit better, less gagging and not so tired. But on Tuesday, I started having some blood tinged CM and I have had some strong cramping so I am a little worried. We have had two good scans so trying to stay positive. 

3. Any appointment updates? I have an appointment tomorrow and will mention the cramping.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? None

5. Any milestones coming up? A couple more days and we are at the point where we lost our last baby. 

6. GTKY: Tell us about your fur babies (if you have them). Now or from other parts of your life. If you currently have a pet, do they help your anxiety at all? Two kitties. They don’t help with my anxiety. Neither of them will come and sit with me. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @thebobloblaw @optbaby2017 sorry for the loss of your pets. That's always tough. Sending all the creepy cyber hugs your way.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @robyn2201 how was your appt?
  • Options
    @robyn2201 so glad to hear!!! 
  • Options
    missy052819missy052819 member
    edited October 2018
    1. How many weeks are you? 7+3

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? (edit, forgot to fill in #2) ANXIOUS! 

3. Any appointment updates? I saw the nurse yesterday for BW and information, (a new DR's office this  time). I go back on the 18th to get an US at advanced radiology (why are they sending me somewhere else to do that?). I meet with an OB on the 23 and get another US. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I have to pay for additional US's per trimester. Are they furr-real?! Feels insane. 

5. Any milestones coming up? If the 23rd appoint is good, that will be a milestone. I found out my loss last time at my 9 week appointment. 

6. GTKY: Tell us about your fur babies (if you have them). Now or from other parts of your life. If you currently have a pet, do they help your anxiety at all?  We have 3 cats and they are our babies. Khloe sleeps above my head at night, it comforts me when shes there.We also used to foster kittens, so they are wonderful! 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

How many weeks are you? 10w2d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally, just trying to hang in there until next u/s on Monday afternoon. I feel generally positive though. Phycially, I'm doing pretty well. No more nausea, my fatigue is much less, I'm hungry all the time, but it seems everything gives me stomach pains.

3. Any appointment updates? Next check in u/s Monday, OB on 24th, and First Trimester scan and test on the 29th.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: We just found out yesterday that my dad no longer has to have the partial lung removal that was scheduled for Tuesday! Huge praise and weight lifted. He was hospitalized in August for bleeding in his lung and they were ready to transport him immediately to Atlanta for the surgery, but there wasn't a bed available. Instead, they gathered a team together to perform this procedure to block the bleeding and help it heal (which they'd never done to a lung at our hospital), and it appears it's worked. His pre-op CT scans were all clear. I feel SO much better now.

5. Any milestones coming up? Baby's growth already made it past our loss, but I still worry that things won't work out.

6. GTKY: Tell us about your fur babies (if you have them). Now or from other parts of your life. If you currently have a pet, do they help your anxiety at all? I had two dogs growing up. We got the dog we have now in 2011. Her name is Dixie, and she's a pure mutt. She's some kind of terrier mix, but we did one of the DNA tests on her and she actually has no primary breed. We adopted her when we lived in Hawaii. She is the sweetest, most loving creature. Her cuddles definitely make me feel better.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @GeorgiaGirl1230 so happy to hear he doesn't need the surgery! That's great news!
  • Options
    How many weeks are you?  9+2 

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  Nauseous in the afternoon and tired most of the day.  Nervous that something will go wrong. 

3. Any appointment updates?  Had our final appt with our RE on Tuesday and she said everything looked perfect.  We are now weaning off the hormones so it makes me super anxious that something might happen.   Our next appt is with the OB on Tuesday. 

5. Any milestones coming up?  We just passed our 9 week appt where we lost our last pregnancy. 

6. GTKY: Tell us about your fur babies (if you have them). Now or from other parts of your life. If you currently have a pet, do they help your anxiety at all?   We have a 10 year old Lhasa apso named izzie.  My daughter and her fight so it can be stressful sometimes but other times she is super sweet.  
  • Options
    @GeorgiaGirl1230 that is great news about your dad!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    How many weeks are you? 8 weeks 

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally, I’m okay. Still nervous but trying to not let it get the best of me. Physically I’m exhausted and nauseous like 90%of the time. Yuck. 

3. Any appointment updates? My next appt. is on Monday. I’m just hoping there is a baby with a heartbeat. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really. 

5. Any milestones coming up? Just want to make it to 12 weeks, so I can get a cerclage and maybe relax a bit. 

6. GTKY: Tell us about your fur babies (if you have them). Now or from other parts of your life. If you currently have a pet, do they help your anxiety at all?  I’ve got a cat (Minerva/Minnie) and she has never been very cuddly but ever since I found out I’m pregnant she’s been laying all over me. And I love it! It really does help make me feel less anxious. 
  • Options
    @chloe97 I dont know if this is a stupid question, but my OB mentioned I may get a cerclage this time around does it hurt?  Can you feel it after?  I keep thinking about that awful feeling you get when baby is bouncing around on your cervix.
  • Options
    @keighty80 I’ve been waiting for your appointment too! I hope this weekend flies by and you get good news on a Monday! 

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @troystory17 I didn’t have a cerclage, but I know someone else on this board did- don’t remember who.
  • Options
    @troystory17 I had a cerclage. It didn’t hurt for me. They gave me a spinal block so I didn’t feel anything during and after I just had some cramping but nothing hurt after that! I know everyone is different but I Hope this helps ease your mind. 
  • Options
    @keighty80 It does thanks! 
  • Options
    @kbeers18 sending positive vibes your way! 

• Options
    @kbeers13 Hoping for good news today!!

• Options
    @kbewrs sending positive thoughts your way!!
  • Options
    @kbeers13 positive vibes to you!!!
  • Options
    How many weeks are you?
    10+2

physically- pretty good. Tired for sure, but the nausea has gotten less severe as I've gotten closer to the end of the 1st tri. 

emotionally- still have an underlying anxiety that something will go wrong. I want so badly to just relax and enjoy this pregnancy, but loss leaves it's mark, ya know?

ultrasound and NIPT blood draw this Thursday. Then I'm released to my OB. 

None

I've passed my loss milestones. 🙌 Next one will be 2nd tri

One fur baby- a rescue named Isabell. Got  her from a shelter a motnth before our wedding. She's 9.5 now. She doesn't help my anxiety much. She's very much my husband's dog, if you know what I mean. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @kbeers13 congrats on the u/s. 

Have an ultrasound at 9:15 central today after some brown spotting/discharge  this weekend.  I am super nervous that something is wrong.  We passed our loss milestone last week and our last u/s my RE said everything looked great.  Meet with OB for first time today.  
  • Options
    @bpietronicco sending you positive vibes! 

• Options
    @bpietronicco sending all my good vibes your way! Can't wait to hear an update
  • Options
    Had my ultrasound this morning and was diagnosed with an SCH.  Will see dr in a few hours to explain more of what it means. 
  • Options
    @bpietronicco praying for you and hoping that everything will be just fine!

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    bpietroniccobpietronicco member
    edited October 2018
    @GeorgiaGirl1230 thanks so much for the prayers! I really appreciate it- it’s been a long journey that keeps giving us surprises. OB said it was a small bleed and that there is always a chance something could happen- it’s a small chance.  We will have another u/s in 2 weeks to see how everything is unless I have more spotting/bleeding in which case they will get me in earlier. 
  • Options
    @bpietronicco Thanks for sharing the update! I'll keep you in my thoughts and will keep sending all the good vibes your way.
  • Options
    Thanks @kbeers13.  I appreciate it.