May 2019 Moms

Who has a bump already??

Hey ladies!!

Is anyone sporting the beginnings of a baby bump already? If you have other children, when did you start showing in your previous pregnancies?

Curious to hear all the different answers!! :)

Re: Who has a bump already??

• I'm bloated lol. I didn't get a real bump with my first until I was about 20 weeks. 
  • I popped at 17 weeks with my first. I haven’t “popped” yet but my stomach definitely isn’t flat. Sometimes at night after dinner I can look five months pregnant but that’s just food baby

• Loading the player...
  • The bloat is real! At 8 weeks,  Im already showing even though it's not actual baby.  But I also have the excuse of the steroids.  

• I’m 10 weeks and it’s all bloat. By afternoon I look almost 5 months pregnant. This is my third though. First baby I didn’t start to show till around 18 weeks. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• 🙋‍♀️ yes, me too. Definitely blump at this stage bc I can still bend over and it compresses 😆, but this is also my third. With #1 I didn’t pop until 22-23w and with #2 not until about 15w. 
  • I definitely have a small bump but this will be my third baby. You should check out our HDBD thread to see everyone else’s bumps! 
  • kbelly777kbelly777 member
    edited October 2018
    I definitely have a constant "fullness" in my lower abdomen. I wake with it and by the end of the day it's bloated to the point of looking 5 months pregnant. I have two DDs though and *TW* two loss pregnancies in the last year and a half. End *TW* 

With my first I didn't really show until around 20 weeks and my second untill 14-15-ish weeks

I've read that your uterus doesn't grow out of the pelvic cavity until around 12 weeks, but even before then, it's grown enough to displace the intestines/organs above it. 

As @Sketner610 suggested, the HDBD thread is fun for seeing bumps of FTM, and STM+ 

H&H 9 months to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am definitely larger, but I'm pretty sure it just looks like I've put on weight, versus a bump. People who've known me for a while might be suspicious, but I think it's not obvious yet to most people.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Just bloat here!
  • Mine is a lot of bloat at the end of the day, but I am starting to wake with a small bump in the morning. I’m 10+5 today and I can definitely start to see baby. ❤️ No one else can tell, of course. 😊
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mrskoz428 baby is tucked behind your pubic bone until about 12 weeks so what you’re seeing is likely the rest of your organs moving to make room for your growing uterus. But I still think you can call it a baby bump because baby is the reason for it ☺️

• mrskoz428mrskoz428 member
    edited October 2018
    @DuchessOfCambridge the lowest part is firm, which is why I say it’s baby. The rest is still squishy (organs). But yes, I’m still calling it baby since I can blame baby. 😂😂

Edit: It will also vary from person to person but my uterus sits higher and off to the left side of my body, so by bump is more uterus than probably average for right now because of where it sits. 
  • I am only 7w 6days so it is definitely all bloat at this point, but the pressure of pants is so uncomfortable that I may be wearing a lot of dresses to work! My mom wants to take me maternity dress shopping for my first outfit. When is a good time to plan that?
  • @lappymom2019 Everything I’ve read has said to start sooner rather than later. I have already gotten a few things so that when I need them, I have them, although I’m definitely already enjoying maternity pants since my everyday pants are super uncomfortable already!
  • @lappymom2019 I'm only 7+4 and I'm pretty much only in maternity clothes now. But it's my third, so my uterus is like "oh, done this before, watch me work faster!" plus I have an all tMathieu stuff already so meh. I still got all my regular clothes but the waistband is so uncomfortable in my waist.
  • @lappymom2019 the only problem with maternity clothes is that it is much harder to hide the bump once you’re in them.  Much more comfortable, but it’s basically like announcing your pregnancy (at least it was for me last time). Also, some stuff will look ridiculous and big on you early on and just make you feel frumpy, but will end up fitting well later — dresses would likely fit into that category.  I would say to buy maternity pants ASAP (they will really improve your comfort even if they’re a little big) but I wouldn’t go dress shopping with your mom until you’re in the second trimester. 
  • @imrachellea @anonellis Thanks! I am going to try to make do until maybe November and then go shopping. I may run to the mall and get pants if I have to and just not tell my mom.
  • edited October 2018
    @lappymom2019 I bought my first pair of low (short? I don't know what to call them) panel maternity jeans at 8 weeks last time. I was really tiny and I wore a juniors size 5 jeans that were already barely working some days if I ate too much 😂 so I caved early. This time it's all leggings all the time. 

ETA and jeggings when I want to really feel dressed up 😂
  • @mrskoz428 I knew someone with a reverse tilted uterus and the day before she delivered she only looked like 5 months pregnant and then nothing at all immediately after she gave birth😳

• This is my 2nd, so I am definitely looking further along than I really am. I didn't show until I was about 15 weeks with my first, but I have had a blump going for weeks (11+1 now). I feel some firmness lower, but most of it is my organs being shoved up. Fully embracing maternity clothing as well. Living my best life. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• anonellis said:
    @lappymom2019 the only problem with maternity clothes is that it is much harder to hide the bump once you’re in them.  Much more comfortable, but it’s basically like announcing your pregnancy (at least it was for me last time). Also, some stuff will look ridiculous and big on you early on and just make you feel frumpy, but will end up fitting well later — dresses would likely fit into that category.  I would say to buy maternity pants ASAP (they will really improve your comfort even if they’re a little big) but I wouldn’t go dress shopping with your mom until you’re in the second trimester. 
    I agree with this completely. They are 100%  more comfortable, but they are made to accentuate everything that's going on in your bump area. If you're worried about the neighborhood uterus watch (I can't remember which brilliant bumpie coined this term, but I love it) suspecting things too early, maternity clothes are not your friend. I've been saving them for weekends and hoping I don't run into anyone I know when I'm out and about.
    kids with flags
  • @anonellis
    @brie_and_almonds
    Yes. I won't even wear my maternity pants because I don't want coworkers to even start thinking about why I bought new jeans. And maternity clothes totally advertise the bump. I can't wait to be "out" and comfy.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Just blump here. 

Also agree about maternity clothes giving you away. Belly bands work pretty decent to give you some extra room in the waist before going to maternity pants. 
  • This is my 3rd baby and I’ve definitely got some blump. 

Totally agree about bout maternity clothes accentuating the bump. Luckily, I am not trying to hide anything. :p

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Well I officially started using a pregnancy band already. 
  • This is my 3rd baby and I’ve definitely got some blump. 

Totally agree about bout maternity clothes accentuating the bump. Luckily, I am not trying to hide anything. :p
    Yeah I totally Feel like I got some sort of bump on on over here too.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @lappymom2019 I bought maternity clothes when I found a good sale! My friend recently found a Destination Maternity Warehouse Sale near us and we went, tops pants were $5, sweaters $10, I was in heaven! I probably won't wear most of it for a few more weeks, but I hate paying full price for anything with a limited shelf life. But just because you buy it now, doesn't mean you have to wear it now!

I'm definitely have the pregnancy bloat going on right now at 12 weeks. Since I spend most of my days in workout clothes, everyone at my gym knows there's a little one coming. But in my normal clothes it's hard to tell. I think I popped around 20 weeks with my son, but I honestly don't remember. I'm sure I'm officially popping sooner this time, my poor abs never recovered from my son.
  • edited October 2018
    I've got a non-winnable battle going on with my blump. My normal pants are starting to get uncomfortable but maternity pants make me look like I'm definitely pregnant and were trying to keep our news on the down low for now until we hear the heartbeat and have a better idea of what's going on with my thyroid.
  • I've got a non-winnable battle going on with my blump. My normal pants are starting to get uncomfortable but maternity pants make me look like I'm definitely pregnant and were trying to keep our news on the down low for now until we hear the heartbeat and have a better idea of what's going on with my thyroid.
    I feel ya. I want to know the deal with my platelet issues before I go public about the preganacy... but that is looking more and more impossible as fewer and fewer of my clothes fit right.
    kids with flags
  • I have too much extra fluff still from my two year old so I just look/feel lumpy and bloated. Hey there, FUPA. 
  • @siouxieq87 I am about where you are! Baby #2 and I am petite. DS was a normal sized baby. :-). And what brand are those amazing jeans? @duchessofcambridge It probably is bloat or organs being pushed out of the way, but I still have a bump. It does get bigger in the afternoon. I am not a doctor or nurse, but as far as what meets the eye there is definitely a bump!
  • I'm 9w3d and had to cave a few days ago. My regular pants just aren't comfortable buttoned anymore, and the hair-tie trick is just tedious to deal with. I bought a belly band for my work pants, and a couple pairs of maternity jeans for the weekends.

The problem I kept running into through was lack of front-pockets in the maternity jeans I found. Old Navy, Kohl's, Target, none of them had front pockets. Is that normal? Does anyone know of a brand of maternity jeans that DOES have front pockets? It's fair to note that I was only looking at the jeans with the low-panel, so I don't know about the full-panel jeans. I can live without the front-pockets, honestly, but I just thought it was really odd.
  • I started wearing maternity pants this week. Regular pants were digging into my stomach and making me so uncomfortable. 11+3 today according to NC and 11+ 5 according to Bump. I can notice a bump but its likely organs moving and general bloat. But it's still obvious to me...just hoping no one on work has picked up on it yet! I'm wearing way more flowy tops and oversize sweaters than usual. 
  • @katt16k you and your partner look amazing!!
  • @guitarra1614 Thanks, it makes me feel better knowing I’m not the only one that’s really “showing”. My family keeps insisting I’m having twins, can’t wait for my NT scan to prove them wrong lol. The jeans are from H&M. They were pricey, but I’d rather have 2 pairs of maternity jeans I really love them 5 pairs that are just ok.
  • intheluep said:
    The problem I kept running into through was lack of front-pockets in the maternity jeans I found. Old Navy, Kohl's, Target, none of them had front pockets. Is that normal? Does anyone know of a brand of maternity jeans that DOES have front pockets? It's fair to note that I was only looking at the jeans with the low-panel, so I don't know about the full-panel jeans. I can live without the front-pockets, honestly, but I just thought it was really odd.
    Yes, 100% normal and so incredibly annoying! Anything with a band built in of any kind seems to eliminate usable pockets. Sorry, it totally blows.
  • @intheluep
    both my high belly and low-panel maternity jeans are lacking in the front pocket department. I have a pair of Gap maternity dress pants that do have pockets in the front though. They're sort of weird though. They have an all around elastic waist band, like a few inches wide.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • @intheluep I just got a pair of Joe's and they have front pockets. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker