April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 (due 4/8-4/14) check-in w/o 10/8

lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
edited October 2018 in April 2019 Moms

Didn’t see this posted yet, so here we go!

ETA: stolen from @mrstmoose/ M19!

Due date/Weeks: 

Any appointments? Questions?

Rants/Raves?

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do?

Re: Week 2 (due 4/8-4/14) check-in w/o 10/8

• Options

Due date/Weeks: April 11th, 13 weeks 5 days

No appointments until 10/27

Rants/Raves?

Rave—maternity tights/nylons. I’m a lawyer so I have to get dressed up for work and these are amazing. I didn’t work full time when pg with my first three so I never needed them. I can’t explain how much more comfortable they are.

How are you feeling? 

Good. More round ligament pain.

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do?

No announcement. It’s #4 at age 40 and was a total surprise....so just telling people and watching their reaction is entertaining enough. Way different than with the first 3. Lol

• Options

Ugh. The round ligament pain is getting me too, @catherineclaire78!  I bet people have great reactions, any super funny or rude ones so far?

Due date/Weeks: April 10th, almost 14 weeks.

Any appointments? Questions? Not until the 23rd, just a checkup.  Waiting anxiously on the results from my NIPT blood draw!

Rants/Raves? Sciatica.  Holy hell, Batman, I never had it this bad with my first pregnancy and never this early.  I could barely walk last night after I tried to stretch.

How are you feeling? See above.  Also, still waiting for the nausea/lack of appetite to go away for good.

Yep!  Announced officially two weeks ago, and planning on a cute pumpkin themed photo shoot to announce the sex once we hear back.  Here was our announcement:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date/Weeks:  4/8  14+1

Any appointments? Questions?  Seeing my doctor tomorrow.

Rants/Raves?  It was Thanksgiving yesterday and we had dinner last night.  We usually do it on the Sunday so everyone can relax on the Monday and just chill out but it didn't work out that way this year.  I'm tired and grumpy and obviously look like it.  My boss audibly gasped when she saw me this morning and asked if I'm feeling ok.  I don't think I put any makeup on this morning.  I'm hoping for some sympathy and a pass to go home early today.

How are you feeling?   Ok, tired, drained.  But I think it's just from the holiday.  Tylenol is not doing enough for my migraines which is also making me cranky.

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do?  We did.  We told most of our close family and friends around 10 weeks then after our great scan at 12 weeks I posted a pic of the twins holding a stuffed bear between them and one of them both giving it a kiss on the cheek saying "H and I will officially be outnumbered in April 2019".  I told my boss at work and will let everyone else do the awkward guess until it's super obvious.

@catherineclaire78 I love maternity nylons.  It's amazing what a difference they make.

@kangstadt Super cute announcement.  I agree about eating.  I have hardly been sick but I can barely stand to eat anything - which then makes me feel sick.

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: 

4/9 14 weeks

Not until 10/30

Rants/Raves?

How are you feeling? 

MIGRAINES!! 5-days straight now. I agree @mermaidca tylenol not nothing for me. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and I have a massage today. Hoping to get some relief. 

Just to family and close friends. We tried to take some cute pic my the kiddos weren’t cooperating. Probably won’t Facebook official it until 20 weeks  

• Options
    Plus one for daily migraines and Tylenol not doing anything to help.  My doctor suggested Excedrin Tension, but for me since it has caffeine it would probably trigger worse migraines.  I may cave and get some anyway, today is bad.

Those are both adorable announcements, @mermaidca and @blueberrymomma!  I love seeing the creativity, and it's so fun to be able to include DS in my photo ideas (even though he's bad at cooperating also :lol: ).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt I’m lucky that caffeine doesn’t trigger migraines for me. Mine is usually the weather changes. So all this going back and forth between hot and cold and the rain systems that keep coming in have been a nightmare for me. 
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited October 2018

Due date/Weeks: 4/10. 14 weeks tomorrow!

Any appointments? Questions? Nothing right now, just a lot of waiting around. I have a regular check up with my midwife on 10/25, and we’ll probably get my anatomy scan scheduled that day.

Rants/Raves? I already ranted in the randoms thread, and I still need to get back to that! I don’t have much to complain about this week.

How are you feeling? Not nauseous, so fine. As long as I’m not nauseous I’m happy. Like a lot of y’all, I’m struggling with round ligament pains. I sneezed a little while ago and it felt like my uterus was being stabbed. I’m also having issues with sciatica. 

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? I have to admit that we told our families the day after my BFP, and we announced on fb at 9 weeks, I think. I’m not super active on FB, but I felt the need to announce for a few reasons. The main one being my extended family. Long story short, I threw up while in the company of some extended family and ended up telling them about my pregnancy. Realized I had to spread the news quickly before one cousin in particular spread it for me! I don’t regret announcing early, but I don’t think I’ll announce the sex of the baby. 

• Options
    @kangstadt @blueberrymomma Mine are mostly weather related too.  We get 20 degree temp swings and then crazy systems that blow off the mountains.  Caffeine thankfully usually helps a bit.  Definitely going to talk to my doc about it tomorrow.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Hi ladies! If I'm not mistaken we're rolling into SECOND TRIMESTER this week!

Due date/Weeks: April 10 ~ 13 Weeks, 6 Days

Any appointments? Questions? I have an apt on October 15... Last week I had the 1st trimester screen and it went well though we get more official results Oct 15. Also results of the blood draw (eager for that). 

How are you feeling? Tired this week!!! Otherwise normal. No obvious baby bump but I do feel thicker around the middle...

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? I haven't made a big announcement yet but have told close family and friends which has been really fun. 

Me & DH ~ 32
    Married 7/6/13

EDD 2/5/21

DD 4/19
  • Options
    @kangstadt So far the main reactions are total shock—people’s jaws literally drop followed by hysterical laughter. Not mean laughter, just like “oh my gosh you guys already have teenagers, this is wild” laughter. The only rude reaction was from a long time friend who keeps pointing out the negatives and saying hurtful things, but I think it’s because she’s struggled with infertility in the past (she’s a mom now) and recently had another miscarriage. 
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: April 8th 14w1d

Any appointments? Questions? No appointments until next week Wednesday, but I did do an impromptu visit with my midwife for some spotting and we were able to hear baby on the doppler which eased my mind

Rants/Raves? Not at the moment. 

How are you feeling? I got my energy back today, enough that I'm not a lazy bum on the couch. I was able to vacuum the lower room of the house and pick up a bunch of stuff around the house. Felt really good.

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? We posted a picture with 4 pumpkins that said "adding another pumpkin to the P(last name) patch" It turned out really cute. We posted it on Friday. Mainly because we had a wedding Saturday and there is no longer hiding this bump from anyone especially not close friends.

• Options

Due date/Weeks: April 14th/ 13 weeks and 2 days

Any appointments? Questions? Waiting on my appointment 10/22. Counting down the days.

Rants/Raves? My boss at work is one of the few people I have told and I feel like she’s been pushing me extra hard at work even though she knows everything that’s going on and that I’m super stressed out already without her piling on.

How are you feeling? Tired and hungry. All the time.

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? I don’t really plan on doing a big announcement on social media or anything. I’d rather just tell the people I’m close with in person and everyone else will figure it out if I post pictures of myself with a big ol preggo belly. I’ve told a select few people who have been super great about keeping the secret. I ordered a T-shirt for my 2 year old niece that says “So I’m little, bit I’m going to be a BIG cousin.” on it. I’m going to send her to my parents like “Look what auntie got me!” and that’s how they’ll find out. My sister is in on it and waiting very impatiently for me to spill the beans to them so she can talk about it.

• Options
    @kangstadt Omg. I love the player 1/player2 shirts. So great!
  • Options
    Glad most people haven't been rude about it, @catherineclaire78!  I'm the youngest of 8 kids, and my mom got some rude comments from people (plus growing up I was always asked if we're Catholic, lol).

Thanks, @ysotte!  I had my DS pose for that photo before we even told him, haha, he had fun and was mildly confused why momma was having him pretend to play video games :lol:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: April 12 / 13 weeks 5 days

Any appointments? Questions? I have an appointment with my midwife on Friday. I'm excited to hear the heartbeat again. I'm afraid to get weighed lol.

Rants/Raves? I'm excited I have enough energy to work out again!

How are you feeling? Not bad. More energy, less nausea. I'm SO constipated, though!

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? We've told everyone we're close with. I don't plan on doing anything on social media. I'm not creative or clever and plus, I don't post much otherwise. I love the announcements on here, though. They're so cute!

• Options

Due date/Weeks:  4/9 (although half my ultrasounds say 4/8... not a big deal but it annoys me!) Today I'm 14 and 5. 

Any appointments? Questions? Next appointment is 11/13 and my a/s is already scheduled for 11/30.

Rants/Raves? I have an ultrasound at every appointment. We are team green. They blurted out what they thought the sex was last appointment. I cried for 2 hours. Then I did some research and read about why they never guess that early. So I'm sticking with we don't know. 

How are you feeling? Headaches and tired. I'm not so nauseated anymore but I never want to eat. I've lost 7lbs in the last couple weeks. 

Everyone knows. We had told family and then at 12.5 we went facebook official. I posted the picture in the announcement thread but here it is here too. 

• Options
    @plumpoppies That’s So thoughtless that they just blurted the sex. You would think that if they don’t know whether or not you would like to find out, they would at least ask first. At least it was early enough that who knows if it was actually accurate or not.

Also, that announcement photo is too cute 😊
  • Options
    ysotte said:
    @plumpoppies That’s So thoughtless that they just blurted the sex. You would think that if they don’t know whether or not you would like to find out, they would at least ask first. At least it was early enough that who knows if it was actually accurate or not.

Also, that announcement photo is too cute 😊
    The culture is so different here. And we are required to go to a certain clinic. Apparently they just don't get us Americans and not wanting to know. 🙄😒

Also thanks 😊