Exchanging shower gifts, in poor taste? — The Bump
November 2018 Moms

Exchanging shower gifts, in poor taste?

Hi Im new here. This is my 4th baby but my youngest is 10 so we had nothing! My sister in law threw us a super nice shower. My question is this: Is it in poor taste for me to exchange a box of diapers for another brand I prefer to use? I had registered for a certain brand that I like, and received mostly that brand. I do not like the Pampers swaddlers but was given a big 4 pk box. I would like to exchange them for the Parents Choice brand that I would much rather use. I just don't want to seem like an ungrateful snot, but I would much rather have the brand I preferred from using them with my 2 middle kids. It feels like people thought I was registering for something cheaper, but the price was less of a consideration than simply my preference over the brand I found to work best. What do you gals think? Am I being too picky? Should I just use them or is it ok for me to exchange them to get what I actually wanted? 

Signed Picky Mama 

Re: Exchanging shower gifts, in poor taste?

• I personally see nothing wrong with exchanging the diapers for your preferred brand. You are still getting diapers and not exchanging them for a bottle of wine or anything crazy so I wouldn't stress about it. 

knottie6f236b5b6bb35815
  • Not a soul but you will know you've exchanged a box of diapers. Get the ones you like, and carry on. :)
    ashkee05MojieJoofftoneverlandknottie6f236b5b6bb35815
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree that no one is going to notice what kind of diapers baby has on, get what you want. On the flip side, you may want to hold onto a couple boxes of a different brand just incase baby does have allergies to parents choice or they don't work as well for whatever reason. Babies can be just as picky as moms. 
    ashkee05
  • Thanks gals, I was just doing what I call a "beyotch check" to see if I was just being a B about it. LOL!
    msb11182018