April 2019 Moms

FFFC 10/12

edited October 2018 in April 2019 Moms
I’m starting this early cause I actually have a good one for once. 

Bring on on your flame retardant suits. 

Eta date. 
this is my backup acct.
prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
 BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: FFFC 10/12

• edited October 2018
    I have no clue what Hamilton is. 

Aside from it’s a musical...?

i don’t know if this is because I’m on the west coast or what but I am lost. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What does  fffc stand for?
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbirchtree Flame Free Friday Confession.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca thanks :) so many acronyms in my life. 

I’ll play

I don’t drink because alcohol smells gross and costs too much. (I had a pinacolada once... on my little sisters 21 birthday, so I wouldn’t be “outexperienced” by her)

• @thatbaintforbetty that dude who sings all the expository stuff in Moana (surrounded by the better singers in some Polynesian language(s)) wrote a rap-musical for Broadway that glorified Caribbean immigrant/$10 bill guy Alexander Hamilton and didn’t hire white people (at least for leading roles). The east coast went nuts. Mike Pence went. The cast pleaded with him to be nice and supportive of a diverse America. Fox News went nuts. They toured. Everyone outside the greater NYC area can finally afford to see it.

I hear it’s great, but I live in greater NYC so they don’t tour here and I still can’t afford it :)
  • @MRDCle, I don't think that ever needs to be a confession... I baked cookies today and I'm tempted to hide from my son and have a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich here shortly XD.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • happymoni21happymoni21 member
    edited October 2018
    Another department (my old department) sent me a snotty email about a decision that wasn't even mine. I responded diplomatically but also sent the email to my Director as a heads up, as they were complaining about our process. In response, my Director came for blood and was not here for it.

I feel a little bad for getting folks in trouble but also I worked in that department for five years, it was hell...so also feeling pretty satisfied. 
  • I've debated hiring our handyman to just complete all of our to-do projects before the tiny human gets here just because I'm lazy and want to snap my fingers and it be done. 
  • @mrstmoose I'm in the same boat. I have a few projects to complete that I don't feel like doing and DH is still out of commission from his ankle surgery so it's tempting.....

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• I ate a cupcake and ice cream for breakfast...then was still hungry so I had some Cheetos haha. I was partially having a personal protest though because DH interviewed this morning for a job he's excited about... That turns out would mean working OT and night shift all summer while we have a 6 week old. I basically threw a fit by text all day and I think he's conceded, but we'll see when he gets home. I don't know what I'll do if he seems really crushed about it though :-(.
  • I bought DH a box of ice cream sandwiches on Wednesday. It was a six pack. I ate 5 in one day. 
  • idk what it is about this pregnancy, but just taking my evening shower (after dinner) works up a second appetite for me, which I have been satisfying w/ a bowl of cereal.

every night.
  • I ate a cupcake and ice cream for breakfast...then was still hungry so I had some Cheetos haha. I was partially having a personal protest though because DH interviewed this morning for a job he's excited about... That turns out would mean working OT and night shift all summer while we have a 6 week old. I basically threw a fit by text all day and I think he's conceded, but we'll see when he gets home. I don't know what I'll do if he seems really crushed about it though :-(.
    My DH works 90 hour weeks in July and August. (60 hours in June) It’s tough but doable. DD was born in June and it took us a couple of summer to find our groove. We make Sunday’s 100% family day so the kids can spend some time with DH. And in the winter he gets Friday’s off so it balances out. So I’m just saying talk it over with your DH before you make a big decision 
  • @molecularmolly, my husband also works up to 70-80 hour work weeks in the summer, so I'm also concerned about how I'll handle basically being a single parent for those few months (with a transition to two kiddos). It'll be tough, but the extra income from his OT will help balance out the fact I don't get any paid time off.

If it's his dream job, I would talk it over with him, mention your concerns, and try to really listen to his side also.  If he's anything like my husband, it's possible he just hasn't thought about how that OT will come at a bad time for the family, but if it's something he really wants to do....
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My husband has been working 70 to 80 hour weeks for the last few months. There is no end in sight. It is hard with the kiddos and I’m sure with 3 I’ll be crying daily but the extra money is nice and with it I hired a cleaning lady to come in twice a month so... yay. Lol but I get it. It is hard but you can do it! Especially if is a job he will love!
  • llamamamanycllamamamanyc member
    edited October 2018
    @lyse01 I also live in NYC and can’t afford to see Hamilton here, but we’re traveling to hubs’ family in Chicago this year, so we’re finally going to see it out there! 😆