November 2018 Moms

Birth Story (Emergency C-Section)

So this story really starts a little over a week before he was born.  Starting on 9/30 I started having trouble keeping anything I ate down off and on.  One day it would be fine and the next I would throw up everything I ate.  After having 2 days in a row where I just felt like rubbish and couldn't keep any food down I called and made an appointment with my OB to see if she had any insight on what could be causing it.  I went in on Thursday 10/4 and everything was normal, no protein in my urine, normal BP, nothing.  She gave me a prescription for Zofran and told me that if I was still having issues with keeping food and drink down after another day or two I should go to the ER and get fluids so I didn't become dehydrated.

On Friday, I woke up and didn't feel great but then I slept most of the day and felt like my old self again.  The next day, I had my shower and while I didn't feel great I was able to eat and drink a bit.  Sunday morning I woke up feeling great, we were able to get everything that I got at my shower set up and we spent some time with my in-laws before they headed back home.  As the day went on, I started to feel worse and worse.  By the end of the day, I was feeling worst that I had all week with some pain in my abdomen (I wasn't sure if it was baby just in a weird position or what).  I got maybe an hour of sleep over night between Sunday and Monday because I was in so much discomfort, no position was comfortable enough for me to sleep.

Monday morning (10/8), I was supposed to be at work because we had a new person starting in my department and my boss had to work from home that day.  I was worried about letting my boss down and was trying to figure out how to work it to make it in to work when I decided I didn't even think I could drive into work.  I decided it was time to call into the on call OB and see what he said.  The on call OB told me to come in to L&D so that we could do a NST.  Hubs was scheduled to have his yearly physical so he drove me to L&D and then went to his physical (we weren't expecting any issues).  I got to my NST at 8:02 am, at about 8:15 am I was all setup with the NST started.  Immediately, there were issues with my BP, the first time it was checked it was 180 something/110 something.  At this point, they drew some blood, gave me a steroid shot, and told me that they were going to need to transfer me to a bigger hospital (with a NICU) so that I could have a C-Section (the hospital I was planning on delivering at is a smaller community hospital and they aren't equipped to handle babies born earlier than 35 weeks).  Shortly after this (around 8:30 am), they checked my BP again it was even higher than the first time (200 something/110 something).  At this point the doctor told me that I needed to call my husband and tell him to get there ASAP because there was no time to transfer me, they needed to do the C-Section right away.  Unfortunately, hubs didn't have any cell service in the doctors office where he was having his physical so I was unable to reach him.  The nurse took his number and told me that she would continue to call him until she got through.  I called my mom while she was at work really quickly before they rolled me back to the operating room and let her know what was happening so that she could let my dad and sister know.

They rolled me back to the OR at about 8:50 am and worked on getting me prepped.  By this point, they got the results of my blood tests they sent off and found that I had HELLP syndrome which meant they would need to put me under general anesthesia for the C-section (which meant that hubs couldn't have been in the OR even if he was there).  I got put under and at 9:11 am Tristan was born!

We were both transferred to a bigger hospital where I was on magnesium for the next 24 hours (which unfortunately meant I didn't get to see Tristan at all until the next day).  I was in the hospital for 6 days while they tried to get my BP under control (thankfully, they finally got the medication cocktail correct and my BP is doing ok now).  Tristan was in the NICU for 3 days (he moved to the step down unit on Thursday) and has been doing great!  He just needs to learn to eat and he can come home!

Here's a picture from today!
Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
December 2017 - IVF Consultation
January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Birth Story (Emergency C-Section)

• Wow, what a story! He is precious and I am happy you are both doing well!
  • You must have been terrified going through this alone. I am so glad Tristan and you are both doing well. Congratulations to you and DH! 
  • Loading the player...
  • i am so so so glad you followed your intuition and got checked out. that must have been very scary to go through all of that. thank you for sharing. Tristan is so precious and i’m really happy for you that he graduated from the nicu already! hope he makes tons of progress quickly learning to eat so you can bring him home. looking forward to the next update!
  • Wow!! That is wild to read and you are one tough women. So glad you listened to your body and didn’t mess around! What a whirlwind. It is awesome to read you’re doing better and that he already graduated nicu! Sending much love to your little family!  <3
    nws
  • How scary!! I’m glad everything turned out okay, and you’re both doing well now. 

Congrats, again!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Wow! You are a superwoman. I can’t believe you went through that alone. I am so happy you and Tristan are doing well. He’s beautiful! I hope he gets to come home very soon!

• Holy crap, Batman! What a whirlwind! I'm so glad you and your sweet baby are ok! It's amazing that he's already out of NICU!! Hope he continues to thrive. I'm glad you are doing ok, praying for a quick recovery all around. 
  • Oh, my goodness. So many emotions and ups and downs. I'm so glad everything worked out for the best and that you got checked when you did. He is so beautiful, and I hope everyone can go home soon!
  • Sounds like a scary experience, glad everything turned out okay. Such a handsome little man, glad he is doing so well. 
  • Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable! I'm glad to hear he is doing so well. I hope you have a smooth recovery after such a scary delivery. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• What a wild ride! I’m so glad to hear everyone is going well after that adventurous arrival! FX you’ll be bringing that precious baby home soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's amazing! So glad you got checked out and everything's starting to settle down. Tristan looks strong and I am sure he will be home soon!
  • Oh my gosh, what a scary delivery! I'm so glad you and Tristan are doing well :)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Wow, I am so glad that everything worked out for you both! I'm glad that the Dr. and hopsital staff were on it and able to get you both through the delivery safely. Baby Tristan is so adorable!!! Congrats!!!

• He is absolutely perfect. I’m so glad you’re both okay. 
  • Congratulations! Tristan is so sweet and I absolutely love his name. :) I hate that your experience was so scary, especially since your husband didn't make it on time, but I'm glad that your BP is under control and that all is going well now. Keep us posted on Tristan's progress while he learns to eat! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Wow! Tristan is beautiful! I’m so sorry how everything happened though and am so glad to read you are ok.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Tristan is so precious! I hope he learns to eat super quickly and comes home soon! That's so scary. So glad you both are okay <3

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• SQUEE!! omg sooooo adorable. yay for first bottle and gaining weight!
  • Omg what an ordeal you went through. Tristan is soooo cute, and what exciting news about taking the bottle!! I'm curious how you felt with the magnesium drip. Is it really as awful as everyone says?
  • Yey!!! So glad he's doing well and gaining weight! He's precious.
  • Way to go Tristan! He's so adorable!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• He is so stinking cute! I'm so glad he got to try a bottle! He is doing awesome!
  • Yayyyy for taking a bottle!! Keep kicking butt Tristan!!!
    nws
  • Yay for taking a bottle! He is insanely cute!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thank you for the update! He looks so sweet and cozy in that pic. Keep up the good work, baby Tristan! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3