February 2019 Moms

Health/Fitness Check In 10.13

How’s everyone doing with staying active? What all have you done? Making any changes yet? 

When I typed the title my phone autocorrected “in” to “ain’t” which I thought felt fitting since I don’t want to get off the couch today  :D

Re: Health/Fitness Check In 10.13

• For me I had a pretty good week. Good mix of running, a strength/cardio class, a (mostly) low impact day, plus boot camp. There are quite a few of us noticeably pregnant women in my classes now so the instructors are starting to offer 2 versions of the daily workouts which is kind of nice.

It’s getting much harder doing exercises on my back just because getting up is more difficult and these classes move fast. 
  • I had a great week. Did the expecting and empowered workout routines - first time trying it. day 1 was lower body, day 2 was upper body, and day 3 (today) will be full body. Love these workouts so far!
    I also did a cardio day too - there was a free Zumba class at work. Ohh yeah!
    overall at work I stay pretty active too so I’m feeling really accomplished this week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • It was a good week, although some days the motivation was harder to come by.  Still ran a lot,  and made a better effort this week at getting core routines in. 
  • @thechickendance I’m trying to do more core too! Feeling like maaaaybe I should have worked on that before there was a baby in there. 
  • I had the best week I’ve had during this pregnancy! 
    I did the online prenatal yoga that was recommended here to me last week most days. Got some good hikes in, too. I also started to add in some preggo specific exercises, which has been good! 

My eating has been sort of crappy. I eat my healthy meals no problem, but then cravings kick in and I eat that AS WELL lol. So extra calories and junky food, but there’s no way I’m giving up healthy meals to save on calories. 
  • I had a “best in a while” week too! I had my 24w appt Monday and gained 5 lbs since my last appt (3wks previous). I know that’s not horrible, and considering my lack of weight gain up till this point, it was probably necessary, but it was also a little shock and reality check that I haven’t been eating the healthiest. So I’ve been trying to
    cut out the unnecessary snacks (some degree of snacking is still necessary to ward off nausea - I’ve resigned myself to the fact that it’s probably not going anywhere until February...), and also get back on the exercise bandwagon. I had all but given up on running 2 wks ago, and was doing some cardio and toning videos on YouTube, and I just don’t feel like it was cutting it. Eating more and burning less = weight gain undeniably. So back to the treadmill it was, and I got three runs in this week! Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and Saturday's was the longest I’ve done in a while, with no discomfort. So I’m hoping that will keep up!
  • allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited October 2018
    @catwoman8731 5lbs in 3 weeks is not bad at all! Gaining weight while pregnant is healthy and good. I just don’t want you, or anyone else, to be hard on themselves for gaining weight when pregnant. This is normal and healthy.

I think as women we get hung up on the numbers on the scale but as long as you are eating mostly healthy and staying as active as is comfortable for you then you are doing just fine. This is the one of the few times in our lives where gaining weight is appropriate and healthy for us and especially our babies!

I also want to say it’s awesome how active you are all still able to be while pregnant! I give you ladies a lot of props for sticking with it. I can barely get daily walks in and the couch is always calling lol