Flu shot and pregnancy 28 weeks +2 — The Bump
3rd Trimester

Flu shot and pregnancy 28 weeks +2

Just to preface this, I am NOT antivax, but I just got my flu shot today and my anxiety is now getting the better of me and I'm worried about complications. I have nothing to base worry on other than overactive preggo hormones as my OB recommended it and the CDC also recommends the flu shot during pregnancy. Just looking for reassurance that I did there right thing. It was also recommended for me to get there Tdap vaccine but I cannot because I'm allergic to tetanus.

Re: Flu shot and pregnancy 28 weeks +2

• My midwive’s office administered my flu shot last week. As far as I know (as a non-medical person with google) there are no complications associated with getting the flu shot. Hopefully it will keep you and by association, your little baby from getting the flu, which very well could lead to breathing complications.
    ME: 32  DH: 32 DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    CecilB93
  • This website might put your fears to rest. The flu vaccine is very safe and you are giving yourself and your baby important protection against the flu, which can be serious or even fatal in rare cases. You’re doing the right thing mama! 
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/qa_vacpregnant.htm
  • Loading the player...
  • Just to preface this, I am NOT antivax, but I just got my flu shot today and my anxiety is now getting the better of me and I'm worried about complications. I have nothing to base worry on other than overactive preggo hormones as my OB recommended it and the CDC also recommends the flu shot during pregnancy. Just looking for reassurance that I did there right thing. It was also recommended for me to get there Tdap vaccine but I cannot because I'm allergic to tetanus.
    Doctor recommended it, it's highly recommended for everyone (that can) to get it.  There was a case of a pregnant mom not too far from here who refused the flu shot, ended up getting the flu and passed away, they had to c-section the baby and baby was in NICU for awhile before going home with dad.  It was a sad story, though the shot isnt always 100% it can reduce the symptoms of you do contract it. 
  • I’m not sure why you would trust randos from the internet more than your doctor and the CDC. I could tell you it’s stupid and horrible and make you feel awful when you can’t do anything about it at this point—when you don’t know me or my background or if I’ve based it in anything anywhere near factual or if I just believe syringes are the work of the devil, you know? Find a doctor you trust and trust them. They are the ones who can combine science & studies with your specific case.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18