May 2019 Moms

Group 4 Check-in Week of 10/8

I didn't see this posted yet! This thread is for those due May 22 - 31  3

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)?

Re: Group 4 Check-in Week of 10/8

• Due date/W+D: 6+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Honey Bee

Any appointments? Questions?: BW this coming Thursday (11th)

Rants/Raves?: Does anyone else wake up through out the night just so thirsty?

How are you feeling?: Tired. Anxious

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? I love the trees in the fall, everything is so beautiful. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Due date/W+D: May 23, 7w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?:  OB appt on Thursday, 10/11. Looking forward to getting another glance at babe. 

Rants/Raves?:   So, so tired. We had DS' first birthday party this weekend and it was loads of fun but I am still dragging.  My house is a disaster but luckily H is off on fall break this week and should be cleaning it up today - fx!

How are you feeling?: Tired but pretty good. I keep getting really emotional and will have some on-again, off-again nausea but otherwise I've not felt too bad. 

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? Cooler weather! And pretty changing leaves. 

Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: May 24 / 7w3d

Any appointments? Questions?: next appt is Oct 17... need to find out if my insurance will cover the NIPT

Rants/Raves?: i have a cold or allergies or some beast

How are you feeling?: nauseous a lot of the time but not bad enough to throw up so I can function. Also super tired but having some insomnia.

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)?  I love all of the harvest festivals and craft shows around this time of year 

• Due date/W+D: 7w1d 

Baby is the size of a(n): The size of a M&M

Any appointments? Questions?: Did my blood work and the first glucose test as a basis to go off of for future tests. 

Rants/Raves?: None today surprisingly. 

How are you feeling?: Light headed because I was fasting for my blood tests

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? Leggings and boots. <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yesss @kbeers13 I’m so thankful that leggings are still in style
  • @missy052819 I wish I had more trees that changed. We have like 5 trees in my apartment complex that change and one is next to our apartment. I'm soaking it in every chance I get!

@elliebo Leggings are amazing!
  • Due date/W+D: may 22/7+5

Baby is the size of a(n): ear bud

Any appointments? Questions?: first appt on Wednesday! Super excited to see the peanut. 

Rants/Raves?: rant- the effing litter box 😡

How are you feeling?: super emotional, anxious bc I don't feel pregnant most days and I know for sure I've never gone this long without serious morning sickness. 

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? Sweaters. 

• Due date/W+D: May 30, 6+4

Baby is the size of a(n): height of a Reeses cup

Any appointments? Questions?: no more appts until November 2nd 😕

Rants/Raves?: I'm so incredibly tense and emotional, I've been snapping at DH really bad and feel like a live wire at work. It's not fair to the people around me, but I can't avoid being around people so I'm just stuck hoping I don't piss anyone off too much 😣

How are you feeling?: exhausted, irritable, thirsty...finally starting to feel a bit more pregnant and terrified of this time next week since that's when I got sick 24/7 with my second

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? Everything? Can I say everything? I'm saying everything, because since I've been away from fall for 11 years and I'm finally getting it I just can't pick one thing

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @imrachellea I feel the same way with my mood swings lately. I feel you! Hoping you can practice some self love in the coming weeks to be a bit less tense and hopefully worry less about getting sick. (I know it's easier said than done.)
  • Due date/W+D: 7 +1

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry apparently

Any appointments? Questions?:  I'm trying to figure out an appointment but since today is a holiday I have to wait until tomorrow to do anything.

Rants/Raves?: I just realized I'm a day more pregnant than I thought. Also I just made Mexican meatballs and they are still raw but they smell AMAZING and I want to eat them NOW!    :p

How are you feeling?: I'm pretty good. My boobs kinda hurt.

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? Halloween!

@missy052819 I have been more thirsty at night. I remember it getting really bad when I was pregnant before. I had to keep water next to the bed all the time!

• @missy052819 Oh I forgot to mention that too about being thirsty at night. With my first I was so thirsty, ALL the time, it was actually my first symptom even before I got my BFP. Just last night I realized the nighttime thirst is back, I had to refill my water bottle in the MOTN and consequently was also up in the bathroom all night.
  • @missy052819 Oh I forgot to mention that too about being thirsty at night. With my first I was so thirsty, ALL the time, it was actually my first symptom even before I got my BFP. Just last night I realized the nighttime thirst is back, I had to refill my water bottle in the MOTN and consequently was also up in the bathroom all night.
    This is me. Except last night i went through  2 water bottles from 2-4:30 in the midst of insomnia. I have a theory that my insomnia is caused by dehydration. Once I have enough water I can fall asleep but I’m up peeing so it’s a double edged aword. 
  • Due date/W+D: June 1st, 6 weeks 2 days
    Baby is the size of a: sweet pea
    Any appointments? Questions?: First ultrasound is Friday and I can't wait!!!!
    Rants/Raves: Today was meatless Monday at work which really sucked. Mama needs some meat. I'm gonna eat animal products when I get home. Vegan mac n cheese just doesn't cut it for me.
    How are you feeling: Hungry and barfy. More of the same.
    GTKY: What's your favorite thing about fall? Fall is a sad time of year where the days get shorter, the weather gets colder, and eventually the dark rain sets in which turns into snow and we don't see the sun again for 5 months. I do not have a favorite thing about it. And there is my UO for the day!
  • @missy052819 and @imrachellea - I get thirsty in the middle of the night, too! But I've been refraining from drinking because then I pee all night. I just drink a huge glass of water first thing in the morning and that helps a lot.
  • Due date/W+D: May 28/6w6

Baby is the size of a(n): Honey bee

Any appointments? Questions?: Still none. 22 days before my first appointment. I'm not counting down or anything

Rants/Raves?: So far morning sickness and exhaustion are kicking my butt, but my husband is being incredibly supportive. I am kinda concerned we might be having twins. (They run in my family.) And he is being incredibly helpful. Don't get me wrong. I would feel blessed if we had twins, but I feel like that is a lot to start with and I'm ill prepared.

How are you feeling?: See above. Death.

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? I love seasons in general. I am looking forward to the weather finally cooling down so I can wear sweaters and cozy clothes.  I do agree with you @wishIwaspreggo that I hate the darker days. I wish the seasons would change without the light changing.

• @wishiwaspreggo YAY someone due after me 😂 I thought I was the literal last as I haven't seen anyone for the 31st yet.
  • Due date/W+D: 5/28, 7w tomorrow

Baby is the size of a(n): Err...not sure. Can’t see my ticker on mobile 😂 raspberry maybe?

Any appointments? Questions?: Not til 10/16

Rants/Raves?: I have a horrid migraine

How are you feeling?: Very nauseous but I think due to the above migraine

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? The WEATHER. It’s like a sigh of relief to walk outside and not melt into a puddle in the heat! And the outfits. I love fall fashion. 

• edited October 2018
    Due date/W+D: may 30/6+4

Baby is the size of a: chocolate chip

Any appointments? Questions?: GP appt oct 23, US oct 26. 

Rants/Raves?: I keep waking up at or before 5am and cant fall back to sleep. Nausea is starting to pick up. There go my dreams of being a pregnancy unicorn!

How are you feeling?: starting to feel crappy. Nausea. General food aversion. Thirsty AF. Boobs are sore, and bigger (this is not a welcome side effect- they were big enough to begin with).

GTKY - the Fall colours and cold air. 
  • chloe97 said:
    @missy052819 Oh I forgot to mention that too about being thirsty at night. With my first I was so thirsty, ALL the time, it was actually my first symptom even before I got my BFP. Just last night I realized the nighttime thirst is back, I had to refill my water bottle in the MOTN and consequently was also up in the bathroom all night.
    This is me. Except last night i went through  2 water bottles from 2-4:30 in the midst of insomnia. I have a theory that my insomnia is caused by dehydration. Once I have enough water I can fall asleep but I’m up peeing so it’s a double edged aword. 
    Not fun  :'(

• @kbeers13 Fall is the time of the year that I wished I lived in the mountains or a more rural area opposed to the city life! Soak those trees in! Are they changing now for you?

• Due date/W+D: 6w 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Maine blueberry 

Any appointments? Questions?: First appointment and U/S on Friday <3 can't wait. 

Rants/Raves?: Looking forward to Friday: Getting my hair done on after our doctors appointment and we're getting a wood stove installed. 

How are you feeling?: Tired - and generally hungover (I know that's a terrible analogy) but I feel like no amount of sleep or water (or carbs) is going to make me feel better. The nausea seems to be ramping up - but not at a specific time everyday.  

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? Generally, everything but really looking forward to firing up the woodstove on the first cold night - that's if we ever have a cold night here in Maryland....

• @imrachellea - I'm technically due in June but with my history of pre-term labor I came here instead :) It's weird feeling so far behind everyone else but if I went to the June BMB I'd feel like I was too far ahead!
  • Due date/W+D: 5/26, 7w+2

Any appointments? Questions?: I've already had my initial appt with our midwife. hCG levels look good. Confirmed pregnant several times lol

Rants/Raves?: Luckily I work part time so I can be lazy most days.

How are you feeling?: Emotional! And my boobs are verrrrrrry sore. Food aversions galore but no nausea. 

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? I live in an area where the trees are changing and it looks very beautiful. I swear this pregnancy has made colors look more vivid.

• @wishiwaspreggo My last EDD was 7/1 and I joined the July 2017 BMB and never felt like I clicked there. I should have just joined June 2017, since I knew more people in that group and it was generally more chill. Also DD ended up being born 6/26, so I connected more with them after birth. Unfortunately I didn’t post enough to get invited to the FB group, so I never got the post- baby support I would have liked to have had.
  • @chloe97 dehydration is absolutely a cause of insomnia (not an expert, but I do suffer from insomnia a lot!).  Try to keep hydrated throughout the day, and especially in the evening hours leading up to bed, but not too close.  Hopefully that helps you sleep and keeps the bathroom wake ups to a minimum.  

Due date/W+D: May 28.  7 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): berlingot candy

Any appointments? Questions?:  First appt not until Nov. 1.  

Rants/Raves?: I'm very blessed not to be puking, but I definitely have not been having a symptomless 1st tri.  In spite of this, I keep momentarily forgetting that I'm pregnant.  Like all the time.  I think its a mix of not feeling pregnant yet (despite the symptoms, I mostly just feel crappy not pregnant) and just being busy with the other two and life in general.  But still, it makes me feel a little guilty for this little one.  In a couple months it will feel much more real.

How are you feeling?: See above.  Crappy and tired, but not puking so thats a win.

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? I love all the colours, sweaters, and all the delicious foods that come from fall (apple and squash desserts, yummy canned goods, etc)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Due date/W+D: 5/23, so 7+5

Baby is the size of a(n): uncooked macaroni

Any appointments? Questions?: Ultrasound and blood work today. Everything on target, I heard the sweet little heart beat, 156 bpm. That "means" girl, right? Lol. 

Rants/Raves?: I had to tell the teacher I work with in the morning, because our class is during the peak of my morning sickness. Then the kids were even bigger a-holes than normal, so I just wanted to take a nap. 

How are you feeling?: Same: tired, nauseous, and cranky. 

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? All the seasonal traditions! Apple picking, pumpkin carving, hot cider, fall baking, etc. And cider donuts! 

• I just realized I haven't been checking in here the last couple weeks.  I think I liked this check in better when it's on the day of your ticker change.  My ticker doesn't change until Thursday so I think that's why I don't get as excited to post in here.  

Anyhow....

• Due date/W+D: May 25th 7w +3d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Any appointments? Questions?: I have one on Monday. I'm anxiously waiting to hear results from my thyroid ultrasound and labwork.

Rants/Raves?: Rave for Thanksgiving leftovers! Yum!!

How are you feeling?: Not too terrible. Just quite nauseous in the evenings. It's more so my mental/emotional self that's having a hard time. I just need answers as to what's going on with my thyroid and if everything/baby will be okay

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? Definitely pumpkin spice everything and fall scented candles.

• @julwanderlust the temps are supposed to drop to the 60's this weekend! I think that stove will be getting lit (since you can't!) I'm over this 80 degree weather myself. 

• @missy052819 LOL that's the best thing I've heard all day. I may share that with DH. 
  • Due date/W+D: 5/27 7 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): altoid

Any appointments? Questions?: I did have my first appointment scheduled for tomorrow, but it has been pushed to Friday because of tropical storm Michael.

Rants/Raves?: A little bummed my appointment got pushed back, even though it was just pushed back a day haha; good thing is DH bought me chicken salad chick for lunch, and it was delicious

How are you feeling?: ehh, I’ve had really bad nausea, and some gnarly lower back pain, but I am really excited to see LO for the first time. Also, my dreams have been off the freaking chain lately.

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? I love carving pumpkins, but I also love thanksgiving (just for the food haha)

New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • @wishiwaspreggo me too! I had my edd adjusted to June 1 after my us, but am staying here. Now I marvel at how much further along this at the beginning of May are! One lady posted their us and it was truly a baby! It was incredible! 
  • @knarlytaurus it’s true! I feel like most ladies here are 8-10 weeks along and I’m still not at 7 weeks myself yet 😂 but if I moved to June I’d feel out of the loop for being too far ahead. Oh well, it evens out more after the first trimester!
  • lappymom2019lappymom2019 member
    edited October 2018
    @wishiwaspreggo I am feeling that way too. Based on my LMP I should be June 2nd, but I am using May 28th based on ovulation. I feel a bit behind when looking at the hdbd thread because my blump is starting to turn into a bumo, but only I can tell and my husband thinks I am crazy. 😂

Eta I am also still 19 days away from my first appointment.
  • @lappymom2019 - I can feel my blump when I lay down in bed but I don't notice it much otherwise. My bladder sure notices the difference though :tongue: And my metabolism knows something's up. I have MORE than enough body fat to share with baby but for whatever reason my brain is going haywire insisting I eat enough for the baby AND maintaining my ample fat supply. It's stupid. You'd think my body would be like "Yo, Brain, pull some chub from the belly and thighs! Lots of energy to spare here!" And Brain is like "Nope, we need that for later. EAT." Ugh. Time for my breakfast sandwich.
  • Due date/W+D: May 23 8 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Any appointments? Questions?: How come my boobs don't hurt this time?

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: Nauseous,  exhausted, SOB, heart's always racing.

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? The colors! 

• I'm with you, @wishiwaspreggo, @imrachellea and @knarlytaurus too! so strange to be soooo far behind all of the other May ladies, but would also feel too far ahead in June. Though, after this week's visit, I'm really straddling the line between the 2 boards. We shall see.

PS - Also INCREDIBLY thirsty, day and night (especially at night...and then I have to pee...fun times)

Due date/W+D: May 27/7+4 (by LMP) vs. June 5/6+1 (by this week's US)

Baby is the size of a(n): let's go with blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my appt on Wednesday, which I've basically over-chronicled in the appts thread already. Long story short, baby's measuring super small in relation to LMP. Could be that my O date was pretty late, which is what I suspect looking at my temps chart and would correspond exactly with size on US this week. *TW below*

***TW: Or, could be that baby stopped growing and I should be expecting a MC.

I have another appt next week to monitor things and see if we can figure this thing out.

Rants/Raves?: Being in limbo isn't fun, but my husband has been awesome at helping me keep my mind off of things.

How are you feeling?: Fine.

GTKY - What is your favorite thing about fall (examples: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking)? Apple picking and leggings!