June 2019 Moms

Fit Mom Friday 10/5

EDD/W+D?

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? 

Weekly win/Weekly fail:

Questions:  

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? 

Re: Fit Mom Friday 10/5

• EDD/W+D? 6/7, 5 weeks

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? I do the Sweat with Kayla/BBG program

Weekly win/Weekly fail: Weekly win: I’ve kept up with the walking every day. Weekly fail: I usually do my other workout during DDs nap, but I’ve been so exhausted that instead of working out, I just nap too. 

Questions: None. 

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? I like Champion from Target, BCG from Academy, and I follow an IG fitness chick who wears these leggings called 90 Degrees by Reflex. They’re on Amazon and I have 4 pairs. And I love them. They’re high waisted and I think they’ll work for at least part of pregnancy too. 
  • EDD/W+D? 5th, 5w2d

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? Currently training for a race this Sunday. But after that will probably switch to a beachbody type routine

Weekly win/Weekly fail: I’ve ran 3 times this week which used to not be as big of an accomplishment but these days finding the time and my hips hurt 😞 fail: I’ve at a lot more carbs since finding out I’m pregnant...I was doing really well but now I eat what sounds good!

Questions:  nope

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? I like under armour, it’s expensive but I feel most comfortable in it
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D? 6/7 5 weeks

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? @srscott3 I do Sweat with Kayla too! And I Zwift and run. I'm signed up for the half marathon I do every spring (because I always sign up the year before) that is going to be interesting to see if I can still complete it. My Dr said it should be ok to do in month 7, as long as I'm not too aggressive about training or racing, so I'm trying to get one of my slower friends (who walk/runs) to sign up to do it with me so I don't push it too hard 

Weekly win/Weekly fail: win: eating SO Mich healthier because apparently little bean does NOT like chocolate, which is making eating healthy way easier. Fail: holy Spaceballs, I sweat I think 18 times more now that I'm KU, and I was already a sweaty kid!

Questions:  anyone know of a good place to get maternity bike shorts? I love my izumi pearls, but they definitely do not have maternity wear.

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? For cycling, Izumi Pearl shorts are the only ones I can wear and not get saddle sore. For running shoes, I love my ONs. 
  • EDD/W+D? 6/15 so 3w5d

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? Bar Method and running. With my daughter I did Bar 5x a week until my due date. With a toddler and a full time job, I don’t see that happening. My goal right now is 4x a week, some running Nd then walking with the stroller. 

Weekly win/Weekly fail: I ran after a day of traveling and went to Bar when I was in NJ. Ive been good with my eating and trying to get used to life without caffeine. Fail- regular activity like getting a coffee seems to make me break out into a sweat. I ran for 30 minutes last night and everything was normal....don’t really get it. 

Questions:  nope

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? For Bar, I like Lulu of Alo. Running is all target/old navy. Old navy maternity was my go to with DD
  • EDD/W+D? June 9th / 4w 5d

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)?  I spend a half hour at my work gym every day and then go to a class every Saturday at the gym by our house. 

Weekly win/Weekly fail: Win: I started using heavier weights this week :)  Fail: With all the cramps I've been having, I didn't make it to the gym as many times as I normally do. 

Questions:  

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? Lulu and Albion Fit. 

@srscott3 I've heard good things about the 90 Degrees by Reflex leggings and now I have some in my cart! 
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Were you eating a low carb diet or just watching your carb intake? I was doing sooo good watching my carbs until this week :s
    @ncm1919 I've wanted to try a Bar class for so long now! I'm intimidated though. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • EDD/W+D? June 5 / 5+3

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)?  Just need to start moving. I gained 80 pounds with my son 12 years ago and am getting married April 2020. So just want to have a healthy pregnancy. 

Weekly win/Weekly fail: no energy to do anything. 

Questions:  

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? Under Armour. 
  • EDD/W+D?  June 2nd/5w5d

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? Power walking - I take my dog on a 2 mile walk once a day and a shorter walk before work each morning. Goal - 10,000 steps a day every day!

Weekly win/Weekly fail: Win - My students did awesome on their test today (class average was an 80!), so I am feeling like a successful teacher (for at least one day haha). Fail - My best friend from college and I read a book from Book of the Month (website that lets you pick one book out of five they picked that are released that month) every month and Skype to talk about it. We are reading #FactionVictim this month and it is the creepiest book I have ever read (written from the POV of a sociopathic serial murderer). 

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? Champion from Target

• EDD/W+D? 6/4 / 5weeks

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)?   Staying running. With DS I ran until 34 weeks and I only stopped because of holidays.

Weekly win/Weekly fail: I ran twice this week and felt pretty good. / RLP is back super early. I don't remember getting it until much later with DS, now I'm sore after running.

Questions:  

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? New balance for shoes and under armour for clothes. I also really like Nike too. 
  • EDD/W+D? 6/6 5w1d

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? I'm doing the 80 day obsession program from BOD. I'm also mixing in some hatha yoga because I hurt my back a month ago and yoga has been helping a lot.

Weekly win/Weekly fail: Fail: I usually work out every morning before work but I've only gotten up to work out twice this week. Between ds waking at night (teething) and general pregnancy tiredness I haven't been able to get myself out of bed.

Questions:  @ncm1919 is your bar class online or do you go to a studio? I did online classes for awhile but the subscription was so expensive. I'd love to find a cheaper one. 

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? Nike for shorts and under armor for leggings. And I love my brooks running shoes. Those were a game changer for me.
  • EDD/W+D? 6/2 5+5

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? Spin and running

Weekly win/Weekly fail: Win - I made it to spin class twice this week. Fail - I was supposed to have a race on Sunday but between my cold and pregnancy exhaustion I ended up sitting it out. Ugh

Questions:  

runyogamom I love my Brooks running shoes too! I started wearing them when I trained for a half marathon and I've never looked back. 
  • EDD/W+D: 6/8 4+6

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? Yay so happy to see these posts. Thank you! I've been nervous to run, although I've read over the internet hundreds of times -- each time noting its ok during the first trimester. I normally run about 3 times a week before my DD wakes up, on good weeks I make it to yoga twice. I live in NYC so I walk a ton.

Weekly win/Weekly fail: Win: ran once, leaving work early for a yoga class! Fail: going to yoga this afternoon because I didn't make it out of bed this morning :wink:

Questions:  

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? Lulu and Nike  <3 
  • @goodgodlemon that's exactly when I bought mine too! best decision ever.
  • EDD/W+D? 6/11, 4 w 5 d

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? 
    I cycle and do barre. I plan on going my usual 5x a week until I can’t anynkre. 

Weekly win/Weekly fail:
    win worked out 5x, fail normally I’m healthy eater but once I found out I was pregnant I let myself slip with more bread/pasta this week-need to fix that starting Monday

Questions:  

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? Lululemon 
  • EDD/W+D? June 3rd/ 5+5

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? I do an aerobics class 2 or 3 times a week and 2 days of swimming laps. 

Weekly win/Weekly fail: I got in 4 days of workouts but one of my swimming days got cut short because the baby pooped and they called me to the daycare. I didn't know what was wrong so I just assumed I was going to have to leave with all the kids. So I changed out of my swimsuit and went and got the kids. So I only swam for 15 minutes instead of my usual 45. 

Questions:  none right now 

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? I don't have a favorite brand but I like whatever fits good. 
  • Anyone else experiencing a delayed onset of extreme fatigue when the exercise in the morning? I went for my usual run today but a little later than normal (around 10, instead of 8). Took it easy on the pace, and only went for about 45 minutes. Then around 4, suddenly was hit by a wall of exhaustion. Related, or coincidence? It's the first super-notable fatigue I've had so far that can't be blamed on other obvious reasons, like not sleeping. 
  • @spacepiraterunner  the same thing happened to me today. I ran my normal 12 this morning, and was dead tired by about 1p. I’m not ready to drop miles, but my oldest might need to start taking Saturday naps so I can too ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @runyogamom last pregnancy I went to a studio. I will say however that the bar method online classes are really good. My husband bought me a pack of classes for my birthday. I’m going to see if I can start going enough so it makes sense to get back to a monthly membership 
  • Anyone gotten guidance on abdominal workout dos and don'ts for the first two trimesters? All my OB said was not to lie on my back starting week 27. I made the mistake of asking Dr. Google and now I'm terrified of doing anything 😂
  • eleven_eleven_ member
    edited October 2018
    @spacepiraterunner I was just wondering the same thing. I read about workouts in the first trimester and that you aren't supposed to lift weights higher than your stomach! This couldn't possibly be a rule this early, right?
    TW

• @eleven_ I specifically asked my OBGYN about CrossFit and HIIT and she said everything except box jumps is a-ok, which definitely means lifting overhead is fine. But in yoga they say a lot of things about ab work and also not doing the poses that push your abdomen into the ground (like lotus or cobra), so I'm wondering if my OB is maybe just too permissive? Lol.
  • eleven_ said:
    @spacepiraterunner I was just wondering the same thing. I read about workouts in the first trimester and that you aren't supposed to lift weights higher than your stomach! This couldn't possibly be a rule this early, right?
    Isn't this sorta an old wives take. Like don't lift your arms above your head because the cord will wrap around the baby's neck. 

It is perfectly ok to lift your arms and weights above your head. 😉
  • eleven_eleven_ member
    edited October 2018
    @EmeraldCity84 lol I read that lifting a lot of weight above your head can put a lot of strain on your lower back while pregnant. I didn't read anything about the cord wrapping around the baby's neck. 
    TW

• Last time my ob said I could continue doing anything I was before. My body always let me know when I needed to ramp things down a little bit, like during 3rd tri. But I think if you were doing it previously you're ok to do it now.

I haven't been able to work out the last couple days because of nausea. If I can't work out for a couple weeks I'm worried I won't be allowed to work out again once I feel better...anyone have any idea if that's true or not?
  • My OB said the same thing, anything I was doing before pregnant I should and can continue to do now. She did say that I shouldn't push as hard though. She said I should be able to hold a conversation so no being too out of breath basically. 
  • Dr. Google seems very concerned about diastasis recti. Anyone know actual facts about that (and if it's a real concern, when that means to avoid ab work)?
  • @spacepiraterunner, I'm not sure but i have worked out consistently throughout all my pregnancies. I have avoided doing ab work because, well the muscles are too spread out to actually be strengthened. Anyways, this is my 5th pregnancy and I don't have diastasis recti. 
  • EDD/W+D? June 17; 4+5?

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)?  Extra walks with the dogs now that the weather is (kinda) getting cooler, Crossfit, swimming, occasional yoga. Eating mostly paleo + full fat dairy. 

Weekly win/Weekly fail: My diet has been great! 

Questions:  Nah.

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? I don't really have one, but do think that Lululemon yoga pants are worth the money if you take good care of them. 
  • harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited October 2018
    @spacepiraterunner - one of my good friends Crossfitted through her entire pregnancy. She didn't lift anything above her head after the first trimester. And no floor exercises (hollow rocks, sit ups, burpees) after first tri, either. She modified everything else including the box jumps - she just used a lower box to minimize the chances of a fall. 

YMMV and you should listen to your doc, but that's my friend's experience. She's a beast though and competes every year. 

ETA: Back squats and wall balls .....after the first tri its recommended that you don't bend your knees below parallel because our ligaments are super stretchy during pregnancy - we're at greater risk of injury.
  • Let's see...

EDD/W+D? 6/21 - 4w0d

What are you currently doing to stay fit (goals for this pregnancy)? Orange Theory 2x week, 1 day weights, 1 day yoga

Weekly win/Weekly fail: I'll get a win if I make it to Orange Theory today...lol. My fail is that I'm seriously considering not going.

Questions:  None

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? Nothing in particular...anything that fits and is comfy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited October 2018
    @eleven_ just saw your comment about Bar I wouldn’t let it intimidate you! No one can tell how hard you’re working. I really prefer  The Bar Method specifically. Do you have a studio where you live?