February 2019 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Oct 8-14

Re: Weekly Symptoms Oct 8-14

• Are tons of boogers and just a super dry nose a pregnancy symptom? Because that’s what I’ve going on. I sleep with my humidifier right next to my face, and I’m upset it’s not appropriate to drag it around everywhere with me. 
    The weather/time of year probably isn’t helping either. 
  • @lzzfrancisco - Same boat. My pelvis just hurts. This didn't happen until 35+ week with DD and at least 30+ weeks with DS.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...
  • I feel like I'm back in the 1st tri. I could seriously use a nap right now but I've got 3 hours left at work! I don't know how I'm going to make it!!
  • @bellebaby221 - I could also use a nap.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @bellebaby221 ditto, I am counting down the minutes until I can go home and nap!
  • I’m hungry but feel full at the same time. How is this possible?!
  • @ohsunnydays I feel the exact same way! Every time I have tried to eat today I feel really full and nauseous. It feels like the way she is moving and bouncing every time I eat is what is making me nauseous. 

And I have also been feeling way bigger and achier (if that’s a word) then I did at 23 weeks last time
  • Lower back pain, round ligament pain, swollen/congested sinuses and sinus pressure esp in my face when I lie down :( can't wait to be over this cold or whatever it is. Lots of baby kicks which I'm starting to feel in my pelvic floor and in towards my internal organs lol those are great feelings. Baby is kicking outwards today though thankfully. Hopefully soon DH will be able to catch them.
  • Threw up my dinner for the third night in a row  :(

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• What is going on?! Did we all revert back to first trimester? I have zero energy and now the pukes are back. Wth little one? 
    Also severe indegestion and gas which isn't helping. Zofran helps me keep the nausea at bay but norhing is touching the indigestion and gas. My friend suggested I sleep sitting up so here I am on the couch. Hopefully it helps. And last week I promised my husband to go with him to a chili festival this weekend😥

And plus 1 for achyness. Yay pregnancy...
  • Back in first tri as well here! Markedly more puking and fatigue. It's getting old. Last week my sinuses were giving me awful pain, now it's back to regular annoyance level.

@mommin135 I've definitely had more boogers 24/7 since week 5. Swollen nasal passages. More sinus headaches, and headaches in general. Sometimes I've had the dryness, but not enough yet to make me dig out the humidifier (because then I have to start cleaning/sanitizing it and momma ain't got time for that). I've used the saline nasal spray a few times. I did not have this with my last pregnancy! Wtf.
  • 5:30 am here and I have been up since four-something, super congested. At least "C is for Cookie" stopped playing in my head. 
  • Woke up at 5 and took my place on the couch. DS joined me at 6 and it’s been a “Super Why” party  ever since. 

A/S later but other than that, this has been the longest short week ever! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Dreadful anxious insomnia from 11 to 2 after I dozed off for 30 minutes max. Perfect timing for a massive presentation at work today!
  • Wasn’t sure where to put this but I honestly wanted a lot of eyes on it as I’m slightly panicked.

i had a routine ultrasound this morning.  The tech asked to check me vaginally and this is the second time she’s asked to do that.  I asked is the baby in the way or something? She responds she has to check for cervical funneling which they do in “early” pregnancy. I’m like okkkk I’m 6 months pregnant and this isn’t really routine from what I understand but okay.

so she checks and says baby’s head is down everything looks ok they just check for funneling and doctor may prescribe medication yadda yadda.  I see my doctor on a Tuesday but you know I’ve been asking Dr. Google all morning.  Funneling means an incompetent or compromised cervix so I’m just slightly bugging out.  I’m two weeks from viability (26 weeks) and it’s apparently a bit too late to do a cerclage so I read that progesterone will often be prescribed.  

I just have had a feeing that this LO was coming early but I’m hoping not three months early! I also read to check for abdominal tightening and I had that over the weekend but I chalked it up to walking a lot/carrying DS etc and that I needed to rest more.  Also read that this can sometimes happen if the cervix was damaged due to a miscarriage or D and C and I had a D and C after DS was born for my retained placenta and in March of this year after my miscarriage righjt before conceiving this LO.

so anyway that’s where I’m at this morning a giant bundle of panicky nerves but trying to be calm and I’ll take it easy this weekend but Tuesday can’t come soon enough ugh
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @danixbanani24 I agree give your doctor a call for at least some further explanation. It’s not fair to keep you in the dark. Though as @sjnsjnsjn said it doesn’t seem that it’s urgent since you haven’t heard anything yet. 

I’ve has abdominal tighening too (chalked it up to BH and needing more water) and two D&Cs and everything is good re: cervix so just because you have those factors doesn’t mean you necessarily will have an issue with your cervix.

Also, I know it’s hard but try to stay away from dr Google! It causes more stress than anything and always has worst case and rare scenarios. Stick with getting info from your dr. That’s what we pay them for!
  • @danixbanani24 - I agree with the other ladies to make a call to your OB just to see. Keep us posted. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Yeah, definitely call your doc @danixbanani24. Hopefully everything’s ok! Dr google is sometimes helpful, but most of the time just a scaremonger.

I’m sure if they want to take all kinds of precautions just in case, but most likely everything’s fine. If there was something seriously wrong they would have contacted you immediately.
  • @danixbanani24 - Did they check your cervix at your AS?

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @kayjay44 yes but not vaginally and it was a different tech than I usually get for my routine ultrasounds.  This lady I've had majority of the time and she's checked me vaginally twice.  I'm going to call my OB's office in the morning to ask my doc to read the report.
  • @danixbanani24 an ultrasound tech once told me I had metastatic cancer (spoiler: I didn’t). The tech isn’t licensed to identify medical information unless it’s extremely routine (e.g. the sex of your baby). I wouldn’t worry. 
  • @danixbanani24 I'm sorry the AS tech caused you so much stress. Like everyone else is saying here, I would try to remain calm, talk to your doctor, and stay off the internet (easier said than done!). Sending a hug your way. 
  • @danixbanani24 I hope your doctor can give you more info when you call!! The unknowns are so scary. 

Over here trying not to fall asleep at work. 2 hours left. 
  • Thanks guys - I'm going to give a call in the morning to the OB so she can read the report.  Maybe I just have to take progesterone - maybe the U/S tech should've just been quiet - either way I'm feeling calmer until I have more info.  Yes, must stay off the internet!

And I agree, every stage of pregnancy or hearing pregnancy loss stories at any stage get to me as well and really amp up my anxiety.  Even stories of young children in accidents etc - life is so fragile.
  • @danixbanani24 When I went in for my AS, the tech did a vaginal scan at the end to check my cervix length, as well. She didn't say why, but I had a miscarriage earlier this year and I think that might be the reason.
    I'm wondering if it's something that some doctors do for patients with any risk factors, like a recent MC or D&C, just to make sure. I'm planning to ask my OB for more clarification when I go for my next appointment in two weeks, and I'm glad that you called for clarification!
  • @hannahbananas11 this was a routine ultrasound not my AS and she’s done it twice so that’s why I was like huh? But yeah hoping to get the OB on the horn tomorrow to get further details.

@grebretso my mom says the exact same thing about me lol it’s really true.  
  • @grebretso- Totally true.  My worry increased a zillion percent once my son was born and more "real" to me. He goes to daycare every day and I worry.  It was the worst his first 6 months or so. Worry worry worry.  It's here to stay.
  • edited October 2018
    I'm already worrying about how to keep the baby from getting sick those first few months before he can be vaccinated. I just read an article in the Washington Post about how vaccination rates in some counties are below 90% for MMR due to anti-vaxxer campaigns and lack of insurance. Can I just keep my baby away from everyone for that first year unless they prove they've been vaccinated? :unamused:

ETA: in case you're interested in reading the WP article (the article about MMR in specific counties is accessible via the first link in this article).
  • I just found out I have an anterior placenta, which is probably why I have not been feeling much movement! No one has said anything to me about it, but I just looked at my AS results online and saw it noted. I am relieved I guess? But would still like to feel more movement...
  • @hannahbananas11 I know, it’s infuriating. H’s cousin is an antivaxxer and I know things will get awkward because her kids are dying to meet the baby. They are NOT coming near my kid until he’s had the MMR!
  • @eggsandwich2019 Welcome to Team Anterior Placenta! My baby could be klompen dancing and doing jumping jacks all day, but it feels like he's just tapping me with his index finger every once in a while. :D
  • @grebretso Similar situation with my BIL and his two girls, except that he "can't find their insurance cards" so he doesn't take them to all of their well-child appointments (he's quite immature and doesn't have his shit together). Literally my eyes could not roll enough when he said that. They really want to see their baby cousin and already talk about it, but they won't have utd vaccinations OR the flu shot. I feel bad for them, because it's not like they're old enough to convince their dad to take them in for their appointments. Or convince him to simply call the insurance company and ASK FOR REPLACEMENT CARDS. God.
  • Oh that's an awful situation @hannahbananas11. I hate that kids pay the price for their parents' ineptitude or opinions. 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    edited October 2018
    @hannahbananas11 Can't find their insurance card so he's denying them necessary protection against fatal diseases. Right. Got it. Won't even think about what happens if he misplaces his wallet, those poor kids will probably never eat again once the fridge is empty.
  • @hannahbananas11- That enrages me. He's lucky no one has reported him to DCFS for that, because I have heard that's something that gets you some "attention" from them.
  • I vaccinate and circumcise. Both are very controversial topics in my area. 

I cant eat anything for dinner. I’m sick of this shit. I’m hungry and miss food. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016