March 2019 Moms

Week 3 Check In 10/8-10/14

This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you.
 @zionsmama85 @3rdtime_charmed @gowenc @sydbom @midwestmommatobe @maserrano714@Jlavo888 @lisee923 @lindseyb918 @beachbaby0523 @meggyme @Runninggal28 @natty101219 @emarcinek99@omama19@heatherarbuck 
 Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: (stolen from week 1) what is you least favorite chore?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Week 3 Check In 10/8-10/14

• Due date: 3/28 but originally 3/19

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing until late October :/

Rants/Raves?: Baby is moving around and that just makes me so happy! I also had last week off and got a prenatal massage and a facial :) it was my first facial and the esthetician (sp) popped literally all my pimples. I didn't know they did that lol. 

How are you feeling?: Ongoing headaches. I see a lot of us are dealing with them on the symptoms thread. I don't remember these the first time around though! 

GTKY: (stolen from week 1) what is you least favorite chore? I refuse to change litter boxes, regardless of pregnancy status. The cats were MH's idea. 
  •  Due date: 3/18

Any appointments? AS oct 28

Rants/Raves?: rainy weather here has fall in full swing! 

How are you feeling?: +1 to headaches. I had maybe one bad one with DD but I feel like they are non stop this time around. 

GTKY: (stolen from week 1) what is your least favorite chore? Dishes if they are old ones and folding laundry that’s cold and wrinkled-always hate sorting socks! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @lindseyb918 @Jlavo888 So I mentioned I had a headache to my midwife, just because she caught be off guard by saying "How have you been?" like she saw me regularly when this was the first time meeting me. Anyway, she was really deadpan about it but she said that 16 weeks was the "headache appointment" and that a lot of women complain of headaches at that time. I remember having headaches more in the 1st trimester last time.

Due date: 3/20

Any appointments? Questions?: AS is Nov 2.

Rants/Raves?: We had a great weekend in the mountains of Shenandoah this weekend. Idk if I'd call it a babymoon, but aside from our Christmas trip home to CA, it's probably the closest we'll get. It was so cute to watch DD enjoy her adventure in the "school bus" (we have a large RV). However after a weekend with lots of driving and not sleeping great, I slept like a rock in my own bed last night and was not prepared for the 6:00 wake up I had for work. Even DD slept in!

How are you feeling?: Tired and achy. I didn't get the body aches I have now until much later the first time. Now I feel like I need to really stretch, but I have no energy to go stretch.

GTKY: (stolen from week 1) what is you least favorite chore? +1 for not doing socks. DH wears black socks to work everyday and there are slight variations between them. I gave up on matching them and now just put them in a pile for him to match. I also dread anything dealing with people. Pest control, cable people, gardeners, car service (which I need to get done). I'm an introvert through and through.
  • Just an FYI My doctor this go around has approved taking aspirin until 3rd tri. I was really weary of it but when I got my last migraine a few weeks ago that lasted 36 hours I called again to double check and they said I could take a dose of Exedrine Migraine. It was the only thing that helped. I of course only used it as a last resort and again last night as a last resort but I was in so much pain I couldn’t even function at work. Only do what you and your doctor are comfortable with but if they get out of control it’s worth asking. You can only suffer so long. 
  •  Due date: 3/17 

Any appointments? Questions?: no appointment until end of the month. 

Rants/Raves?: ranting bc my SO is pressuring me/guilting me about sex and i am not feeling it. I feel bad but i am not in the mood at all. I wanna try...but he doesn't even wanna do anything romantic, like its an expectation..which at this point is REALLY a turn off. 

How are you feeling?: physically, i can tell baby is getting bigger, i can feel her a lot more....emotionally..my hormones are in OVERDRIVE. everything makes me want to fight. i thought i was doing good, but the attitude is kicking in...

GTKY: (stolen from week 1) what is you least favorite chore? washing dishes definitely. I don't have a dishwasher and it seems like i am in the sink every day. I feel like Cinderella  :(  :(:(  i am so ready to teach my son to do the dishes...it just sucks that i am Type A to a fault so i want it done MY way....
  •  Due date: 03/23

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until October 31. AS is Nov 8.

Rants/Raves?: We just had Thanksgiving here in Canada, and we had a lovely weekend with my whole family. It was so nice to all be together. And turkey dinner while pregnant is even better than turkey dinner regularly!

How are you feeling?: Still dealing with nausea and vomiting. I feel like I need to be constantly eating in order to not get sick. Headaches are still happening occasionally, but my doctor recommended extra strength Tylenol every now and then and that's really been happening.

GTKY: (stolen from week 1) what is you least favorite chore? Definitely dishes. And cleaning the tub/shower. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who does both of things for me.
  •  Due date: 21 March

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan is next week!!

Rants/Raves?: I have an anterior placenta so I haven't felt baby move at all yet :( 

How are you feeling?: Pretty ok, to the point where I wish I had more symptoms so I could feel more pregnant. But I've also been under a lot of stress for the past two and a half weeks, so haven't been thinking about baby as much. My dad was in a car accident, and I flew back home for two weeks to be with him and my family. I got back yesterday, and he's still in the ICU, but got a trach yesterday and is doing better. It's been really stressful though, and there were a few nights without much sleep. Which I'm trying not to stress (more) about, but my husband has been clearly worried about me. Which is sweet but doesn't really help :P 

GTKY: (stolen from week 1) what is you least favorite chore? Ironing. And I have so many shirts that need to be ironed. We just switched cleaning services (my husband and I both work so that's been a really great investment) and the new one doesn't iron and I cried when I found out. That may have had something to do with pregnancy hormones, I swear I'm not that spoiled, but I really hate it!
  • Hi! New to the community!

Due date: March 21

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan is my next appointment on Oct. 30. So so so excited.

Rants/Raves?: Seriously bad indigestion and gas, very uncomfortable. Tums have been my best friend as of late.

How are you feeling?: Aside from above, I actually don't really feel pregnant. Belly is slowly starting to show but that's about it.

GTKY: (stolen from week 1) what is you least favorite chore? Can I choose all chores? :)
  • Due date: 3/23

Any appointments? Questions?: midwife appointment tomorrow

Rants/Raves?: I pulled out my favorite pair of maternity jeans this week and it was like reuniting with an old friend. My bump is basically impossible to hide already but I don’t think I’m quite ready to constantly flaunt it. 

How are you feeling?: tired and achy

GTKY: (stolen from week 1) what is you least favorite chore? Folding laundry
  • @meggyme glad you hear the headaches are fleeting! Also, you sound like my husband with not wanting to deal with people lol he always wants me to do that stuff. I even make his doctor appointments  :s

@zionsmama85 I'm totally with you on the sex stuff. DH has been pawing at me, but I'm not doing it just because he wants to. Eff that guilt while I'm growing our child! :D

@heatherarbuck ok now I'm craving thanksgiving food! Being pregnant during American thanksgiving is going to be awesome!

@babycolima12 I want a cleaning service so bad! Can I ask what yours costs?

@mommyfever70718 welcome!
  • Due date: 3/22

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my 16 appointment today.  Heartbeat was found immediately and sounded good!

Rants/Raves?: Um my hands have started swelling a little.  My dr said today that it starts earlier in second + pregnancies.  Lovely.  Sleep still sucks.  In fact it's getting worse since I'm getting more uncomfortable.  This stomach sleeper is miserable!  Oh another rant why are maternity pants the worst?  Loose, saggy, no structure.  I hate them.  No raves from me I'm moody today lol.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, just tired.  Getting anxious to start feeling the little guy!

GTKY: (stolen from week 1) what is you least favorite chore?  Putting laundry away.  THE WORST.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lindseyb918 Yeah it's made a world of difference! We are in El Paso where the cost of living is pretty low, and for a while we were paying around $80 (we included a tip since we thought $70 was so low), and we did that every 2-3 weeks. We are pretty neat people, no pets or kids yet, so we don't really need anything more often than that. Our new service is more like $110, and we switched because our old service was really careless (ripped a cashmere sweater, lost our fan remote twice, broke a candle votif, and - last straw - ruined the varnish on our nice dining room table by putting the iron face down on it. Twice.). We'd keep looking but we're moving in another six weeks, so we'll just stick with the more $$$ and find something new once we move.
  • @lindseyb918 we also use a cleaning person. She comes once every other week and we'll pay our new person $25/hour. Our last lady was good but was bad at communicating availability, so we'd be expecting her only to be stood up. She cleaned bathrooms, the kitchen, vacuumed, mopped and dusted. It took her 2-3 hours depending on how thorough she was (another issue). Our new hire comes for the first time on Saturday, so hopefully she will do well and not take longer than 3 hours, so it would be $75 for our 3 bedroom, 2 bath house.