Which one will hide my blump more? — The Bump
May 2019 Moms

Which one will hide my blump more?

DS's birthday party is at an indoor pool this weekend. My pregnancy is on super secret status. Which bathing suit top will hide mah belleh the best? 

Which one will hide my blump more? 46 votes

Chevron
2% 1 vote
Sandy Beach
82% 38 votes
Neither, you're SOL
2% 1 vote
Wear a muu muu and avoid the water
10% 5 votes
Other, pls to explain in comments
2% 1 vote
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Which one will hide my blump more?

• What @zuuls_mom said, also the second one is a bit more billowy and forgiving. 
    sleepy33
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with zuul, also that large leaf pattern is good camouflage because there’s a lot going on. It’s busy enough to be tastefully distracting.
    sleepy33liliumstargazer13psychobutthead
  • @poshspice I think that would definitely work as far as coverage, but it's just sooooo far off from what I'd normally wear, I feel sure that my fam would be suspicious. Like I've literally not worn a one piece bathing suit since I was a kid, even when I was pregnant and postpartum with my first. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
    poshspice
  • edited October 2018
    I agree that the blousy one will do better than the chevron. I feel like if the chevron was going in the other direction or there were multiple ones it would camouflage better. The swim dress that @poshspice posted is super cute, but if that's outside of the norm for your regular swim attire, it may be a red flag that you're trying to hide something.
    kids with flags
    sleepy33
  • Hmm. That one is cute @poshspice and much more my style. I’m just hesitant about a one piece, for one because I have to pee constantly, and for another I’m very long-waisted and I’ve just never had luck with one pieces being long enough...

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @sleepy33 pretty sure it's not a one piece... I looked at the pics and different patterns and it looks like it's separates.
    kids with flags
    poshspice
  • @sleepy33 pretty sure it's not a one piece... I looked at the pics and different patterns and it looks like it's separates.
    Ooo really? Huh. Yes I see now some other colors say top only

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Yup, @sleepy33 I think it's a two piece! 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

sleepy33
  • Do you have to wear a bathing suit? What if you just did a cute flowy coverup?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh I like that second bathing suit @poshspice mentioned! I need to go ahead and save that for a postpartum suit.
    poshspicesleepy33Sketner610
  • @msb615 oh crap! I had a mid August baby before. I didn't even think about the postpartum body in summer  :D
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have the blousy tankini in a different pattern and LOVE it! It would definitely hide my blump, so that’s my vote.
    sleepy33
  • @kvh22 Same.. I had a late August baby, so I didn’t have to worry about it either. I was so determined not to be in 3rd trimester in the dead of summer again that I didn’t even think about just having a baby right before the summer this time around 🤦🏼‍♀️
    sleepy33DuchessOfCambridge
  • @msb615 @kvh22 ; SO works for the parks department and runs the city pool, so I immediately thought of trying to be swimsuit ready to be able to take the kids to see him at work during the summer. ::sobs quietly::

DIStickerscom Ticker
    expandcontract
  • I would probably try to keep a dress/cover up on as long as possible. Especially when standing around. 
    sleepy33