March 2019 Moms

Babymoons!

Has anyone thought of a place/timing they want to go? We didn't do one with our first so I am pumped! I'm thinking early November (around 22wks). A beach, New York, Florida?! They all sound good. :)

Re: Babymoons!

• We have a Disney trip booked for mid December but we are probably going to cancel it because I had so much swelling last time and don’t think I can commit to the long park days (and I wouldn’t be content to go without them!). We will probably reschedule that for next year. 

For our babymoon we just went up to the National Harbor (about 40miles from where we live) and stayed a night at the Gaylord. It was mid December and I had DD Jan 6th so we didn't plan too much - Ice! and a yummy dinner/brunch the next morning. i would have liked to do more but we were both busy with work and put it off too long.

I’m not sure if we’ll do one this time, but I am definitely looking forward to day dreaming about all of your plans! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • We are definitely looking to Babymoon this winter! Looking into Hawaii and all non-Zika beaches. Though part of me doesn't even want to ponder the idea of being in a bathing suit lol I'd also be happy to go to Ojai to a resort with a spa to relax...really any place with a resort spa sounds lovely! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Our babymoon will probably be heading to CA for Christmas. :neutral: Any vacation I take now is time I don’t get paid during maternity leave, so anything else we do will be local during the weekend.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • We're going to Minnesota the week of Thanksgiving to minimize the amount of time off from work. No idea what we'll do there except eat Korean food (we don't have any Korean restaurants where we live) and maybe see a show.
  • I want to go to Scottsdale for a spa trip. We are thinking mid Oct. I will be 18 weeks. It’s a direct flight for us (we don’t have a lot of options for that). I’m not a huge fan of flying, but only Branson is in driving distance. I thought about Eureka Springs but the place I want to go is supposedly haunted so DH doesn’t want to stay there.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• I don't think we'll do anything. We didn't do anything with D. 

We have been traveling a lot and away from home with work so we're looking forward to being chill and at home for awhile. And on top of that, we'll be finding a rental and staying wherever for a month or more after getting back. I don't want to travel even if we could afford a big trip, haha! We possibly will take short weekend road trips to visit family and friends and likely my family will be in our area around the holidays, so we don't need to travel for awhile, which is nice 
  • We’ve been talking about a family getaway pre-baby to enjoy our limited time as a family of 3. Probably nothing big, just a long weekend in a cabin or something!
  • We aren’t going on one we just went on a cruise together just the two of us in May and we took DS to Disney in July. We are currently saving for a car and then next summer we will be buying our first home. With going on maternity leave and not having enough sick time to cover the whole thing and saving for all our upcoming expenses a babymoom just isn’t in the cards right now. But I’ll be living through all of yours! 
  • We’re thinking California the week bereeen Xmas and New Years! I’ve never been. I also had an amazing Arizona spa trip that I’d totally consider doing over again. 
  • @indigoheightsblog where did you go in AZ?

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed I want to do all of that and Sedona!

DH and I will probably go on a family trip with DD to Florida sometime over the winter. We can get cheap flights and go visit my mom.
  • Sedona was my first choice, but we're taking a cheaper route with a road trip up to the Minnesota north shore. I just want to have good food, a spa, and hiking, so it checked all my boxes! All my other vacation spots are centred around alcohol (Napa...), so that's a no-go lol. 

@govanalyst86 have you been to MN before? Let me know if you need any recommendations!
  • flyingmombulaflyingmombula member
    edited August 2018
    @smf2018 that sounds magical!!  <3

With my first pregnancy we went to Seattle and Olympic National Park. It was beautiful and I'll never forget it! We stayed in a little cottage airbnb on the cliff overlooking tide pools and the strait of juan de fuca. We saw a bunch of black bears and that was kind of the theme for my son when he was born. This pregnancy we aren't planning a specific trip but we did go to Captiva Island the week after I found out (manatees are this baby's theme animal :D). Also we are traveling to 3 weddings (ugh) this fall (also attending 2 in town). Door County WA, MO wine country, and NYC. I anticipate that I will be sick of traveling when those are over with.

SaveSave
  • We were so broke before when we had our first so no baby moon or honeymoon (found out I was knocked up five days after tying the knot).

I won’t travel while pregnant more than to my parents which is 45 mins away. With my history I won’t risk being away from my OB or high risk OB. 

I do do however want to go on a vacation while on maternity leave with just the hubby and our kiddos. It would be our first ever family vacation just our little family. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @smf2018 wow that sounds amazing. You sold me
  • We haven't talked about anything specific but I love the mountains in fall/winter so I hope we can get a nice cabin somewhere for a night or two. It depends on whether or not one of our friends can take DS for a night or two.
  • edited August 2018
    With our first, we went to Maine for a few nights and stayed at a spa hotel. It was incredibly relaxing.  :) 

We’re thinking about going to Bermuda over my December vacation but since the temps will only be lower 70s or high 60s, we may just hold off. 
  • @3rdtime_charmed we stayed at the copperwynd wellness resort & spa in fountain hills which is about 10 minutes outside of scottsdale, so we did most of our activities in old scottsdale, phoenix (desert botanical gardens), etc... we also took a helicopter over the grand canyon and visited a native american reservation. it was a pretty awesome trip, and i'd do it over again in a heartbeat! 
  • @indigoheightsblog I love the desert botanical gardens and want to go back this time!

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• How terrible of parents would we be if we went to Disney just the two of us? We had a full week booked for our family but I don’t think I’ll have the stamina for that at 30weeks pregnant and my husband mentioned he wasn’t looking forward to chasing DD all over Gods creation by himself.
    We looked at some ther options like resorts in Sedona and the Poconos or going to Charleston again, but they are so expensive and honestly we are just Disney people. 
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @mamakate1616 how old is your DD? If she's 2 or under, I'd say go for it. She probably wouldn't remember much of it if you took her anyway. 
  • @mamakate1616 We're planning on going to universal studios without this lo in Jan 2020. I don't think that makes us bad parents. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Lbloom she will be 3 in January, we went in April of this year and even though she was sick most of the time she had fun and constantly is asking us to go back. I guess I’m just worried about the guilt I’ll feel seeing other kids there.  DH says “zero guilt” for him lol
  • @mamakate1616 we have been going without DD. Mainly because DH has a conference in Orlando every year and I don’t want to take DD with. No guilt, except this year. She’s almost 5 and has caught on. Next time she will be going with. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  •  We are going to The Great Smokey Mountains in TN. We'll be going Veterans Day weekend. I'll be 24 weeks by then.