Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 10/9

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 10/9

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD:  17

WAYDTGKU:  PNV, OPK, BBT

R/R: Sorry I've been MIA, ladies. The past 5 days have been brutal. On the TTC topic-I'm still confused about my cycle this month. I have now received 2 +OPKs (CD 9 & 12) in the early afternoon and then it is negative by evening. Usually I get 2-3 +OPK days in a row from about CD 18-22 but my cycles have been getting shorter each month. And the test lines are starting to get darker so I may get another positive soon. This morning I had mild cramping/tweaking on the left side of my abdomen, but that could be stress-related (see below). 

DH is back in town, thankfully. His grandmother is very ill-she's been in the hospital the past 5 days and they're discussing hospice today. It is truly heartbreaking and I'm trying my best to be there for everyone, although I've lost it a few times myself. :(  I've spent the majority of the weekend with her.

I don't think this is going to be our month. I can't possibly expect him to DTD right now. So-double the heart break over here. 

Chart is in the spoiler, but remember, my thermometer is not reliable.  The new one should be arriving today so hopefully next cycle will be better.

• Hugs all around @nightdreamr13!!!  <3<3<3
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • @nightdreamer13 I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's grandmother. It's wonderful that you're trying to be there for everyone, but please remember to take care of yourself, too. (I cannot see your chart in the spoiler. Maybe try to upload it again?)

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU:  Prenatals, B6, B12, HIO, OPKs, BBT

R/R: There's a hurricane a-comin'! Luckily, we don't live in the direct line of fire, but I have some family who will be more impacted. I'm just praying that people who need to evacuate do so and that the damage isn't too bad.

CS/Q: Nothing yet.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @elle-0409 Hope you and your family stay safe for the storm!!!  <3

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: HIO, HIO, HIO, HIO... and a little bit of PNVs, Metformin, Temping and OPKs.

R/R: I gave up caffeine for a good few months but today I needed some Starbucks and I have NO REGRETS! 

CS/Q: My chart is a hot mess on all three apps that I have soooooo we aren't going there for a while lol.
    TW
  • Month/cycle: 6

WATDTGKU: temping, CM/CP, vitex, B6, etc etc etc 

R/R: yesterday was rough for me at work and with my doc situation. My husband was so so adorable tho and picked up this tart from Whole Foods to surprise me lol 

CS/Q: not today
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin <3!!! That was so sweet of him and that looks AMAZING! 
    TW
  • @nightdreamr13 I'm so sorry, that is tough. give yourself some time to grieve and self-care as well  <3
    @elle-0409 ah I'm glad you aren't directly in the path! I lived in PCB and Pensacola for a while and I hate that it is getting a direct hit :( my thoughts are with your fam
    @brookert615 he is a good egg for sure. enjoy that sbucks!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @nightdreamr13 So sorry for all the stress and how hard it can be when life gets in the way of TTC as well - such conflicting emotions.

@elle-0409 Hope your family stays safe!

@chichiphin NOM!

@literatureandink To answer your question from yesterday, Clomid was cancelled for this cycle b/c my lining was never thin enough.  It was already building up again since I already had two follies at 12 &15mm on CD5 - b/c apparently my body just loves to gear up to O.   :|

Month/Cycle: 11/13

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: All the normal things + IUI 

R/R: Rave: It's apparently summer again!  Rant: There is too much candy in the office and it needs to go away.

CS/Q: Nope.  I did start temping today but will only temp until O is confirmed.
  • *lurky lurker*

@nightdreamr13 Hugs to you, friend. I know how hard losing a cherished family member can be. Please focus on all the fantastic memories you have created with her. It won’t make the pain go away, but it will put a little smile on your face.

@chichiphin *drools*

@Sparty18 I just bought some Halloween candy last night and I (like @brookert615) have no regrets! I’m sorry clomid was cancelled this cycle, but FX for you to O on your own!

@elle-0409 Stay safe!
  • @elle-0409 – Stay safe! I hope your family does not suffer much damage! I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong with the spoiler. It shows up for me…I was told to copy/paste. I’ve pasted it in this post (but not the spoiler-let me know if it works).

@brookert615 -I’ve been trying hard to give up caffeine as well, but it’s pumpkin season….Enough said. (Yes I’m one of those fanatics). My apps are out of control since I’ve had so many +OPKs this month. I figure IF I ever get a clear positive for more than one test, I’ll erase the other positives to get them back on track. If not, I’m not quite sure what to do because now next cycle is definitely off.

@lillywonderland -Thank you. You always share such kind words and it is greatly appreciated. I feel so bad for her as I can tell she is scared. TTC just adds to it…we’ve always wanted her to meet our future little one and I have to say I’m a bit disappointed we won’t ever get to share that moment.

• Lurking from TWW

@nightdreamr13 Is this the first cycle you're noticing + OPKs this early? I've heard you can get multiple LH surges in a cycle. Are you checking cervical position as well? That is a dead giveaway for me. Sorry you don't feel like this will be your month but at least you'll have a brand new BBT for next month? :) And sorry about DH's grandmother. It's so difficult to watch our loved ones suffer. '

@elle-0409 EEK! Good luck and keep us updated!! 

@chichiphin I was fuming at your post yesterday about your doc's response. *TW My ob once sent me my second set of betas (which were not good news) via online forum and told me "Sorry, looks like a chemical pregnancy. I just know it will work out for you on day" You can imagine the RAGE. END TW* And that tart looks AMAZING

• @nightdreamr13  So sorry to hear that ❤️
    @elle-0409 Stay safe! I’m up north, so it seems so surreal when we see stuff on the news.
    @brookert615  That’s so funny! I almost did that this am, but I was running late and couldn’t justify stopping.
    @chichiphin  That’s so sweet (literally!) of your H. Sorry to hear about your doc.
    @Sparty18  Do you happen to be in MI? As in MSU Sparty? Totally with you on the weather - so weird! But good weird. I’m in MI.

CD: 1 😢

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK, CoQ10, BBT but only to confirm O, then stopping to preserve sanity

R/R: CD1 is never fun, but onward and upward. Hopefully, we’re getting closer to our lucky month. I tell myself that we haven’t been trying long, but 30 days each cycle feels like an eternity. I’m going to try to be more low key this cycle... I’m serious! I know we always say this in WTO, but I think I’m going to stop temping after I have a confirmed O and call it good. One less thing to do, and it’s not going to change anything. Right now, I’m happy about that plan 😊

CS/Q: No questions, no chart yet
    November Siggy Contest - Thanksgiving Fails!
    Image result for joey turkey friends
  • @cpiper39 Haha, you're on to me.  ;)  Funny enough, I sent you a PM this morning!  Sorry for CD1.  :(
  • @nightdreamr13 - Sounds like your body keeps gearing up and then stops. Hope the thermometer works for you!

@elle-0409 - I'm watching this hurricane too. So far it looks like we shouldn't get much but a little wind and rain, but you never know.

@chichiphin - YUM! That looks amazing. I'm glad YH is supporting you through your difficult days. I'm feeling better about the whole 1/2 year mark now, and ready to get this show on the road!

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV until AF leaves

R/R: I'm having to keep on eye on one of our student workers in the office. She's constantly on her phone and not doing her work correctly. But I feel weird "tattling" to my boss about her.

CS/Q: Not til AF leaves.
  • @nomangos23 ugh I'm so sorry. Why can't providers, especially in this type of medicine, be more thoughtful. **TW** I had a CP in the beginning of August and she did exactly what you described. Sent me a portal message with "your beta levels indicate a CP, so sorry but keep me posted!".

@marebear15 I'm glad you're feeling better about cycle 6. I do have some more hope today. 

@cpiper39 I'm so sorry about CD1  :'(
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Not sure where I belong at the moment and am bored at work so lurking both threads...

@nightdreamr13 I'm so sorry to hear about DH's grandma. Losing a family member is so hard. Take care of yourself <3 
    @elle-0409 ah so scary! Hope you and your family stay safe.
    @brookert615 what's your Starbucks drink of choice? (also, my chart is a mess too. I'm embarrassed to ever share it. Just downloaded FF and it's saying my temps fluctuate more than normal - I am such a bad sleeper, not sure I ever get 3 solid hours after like 2 am lol)
    @chichiphin I'm sorry yesterday was rough. I hope the new doctor treats you much better than the old one! And that tart looks AMAZING! So cute that he surprised you with that <3 
    @Sparty18 office candy is the absolute worst...the best, but the worst.
    @cpiper39 sorry about CD1, but you have a great attitude and your plan sounds solid!
    @marebear15 so annoying about that girl! And that's a weird position for you to be in for sure.
  • nomangos23 – Yes this is the first cycle I’m seeing the early +.

• @b_1029 I think that also might be my issue with FF. Sorry for the chart frustration - it's no fun! I am unfortunately using a CPAP and I keep waking up to rip it off so I'm thinking that's making my temps go nuts lol. My favorite Starbucks drink is an iced caramel macchiato with coconut milk! 
    TW
  • Ladies, I've been doing a bit of research. I'm growing impatient, especially with the mix up of the OPK I'm currently using. They worked great for 2 months, but still didn't get pregnant (clearly). Then this month, I bought the largest package and no bueno. So....do I continue on for another month and finish off this package or do I say forget this foolishness and go buy the ClearBlue and Preseed. I know I'm having a moment of impatience here.........but DH is about to be 38 and we're trying for our 1st!

Thoughts on the cheapo easy@home OPK vs Clearblue Digital?
  • @nightdreamr13 I was never able to really identify a +OPK on the easy@home ones. Switching to clearblue eliminated a lot of stress for me in terms of deciphering them but I also have yet to get pregnant. They’re obviously a lot more expensive but the reduced stress was worth it to me! 
  • @nightdreamr13 - Have you been able to see your LH surge and peak on the ones you've been using? I don't see why you should switch if you have been. Personally I just use Wondfos since they are cheap and I get a pretty clear positive.
    Also, Preseed is only good if you don't normally make enough fluid to make sex comfortable. Any type of lubricant thins out the herd; Preseed just doesn't thin it as much. Quote from Google: "While normal cervical mucous kills 14.8% of spermPreseed kills 15.5%."
  • @nightdreamr13 I am sorry about your dhs grandmother, what a tough and sad situation.

@elle-0409 I hope your family stays safe!
    @marebear15  I hate that!  But I would tattle in a heartbeat.

Month/Cycle: 3/3 after benched 21 total

CD:  7

WAYDTGKU: Opks temping hio 
    R/R:  my period was short for me this month, only 6 days instead of 9.  That’s always a nice surprise. Otherwise, still feeling like crap.  I am going to try and stalk my obgyn tomorrow in the halls (work in the same building) to see if his new nurse is dumb and if I can take something like prednisone.  

CS/Q:  none 
  • @nightdreamr13 so sorry about your dh's grandma. I use the easy@home brand and they have worked fine for me. I just reordered them last week and they now come with a card to help read the lines and an app. 
    @chichiphin sorry about your doc. That was really sweet of your dh. 
    @Sparty18 I'm trying really hard not to buy Halloween candy right now. 
     @cpiper39 sorry about CD 1
    @marebear15 can you casually mention to your boss about training her. 
    @b_1029 sorry your body is being confusing. 

Month/Cycle: 10/11

WAYDTGKU: HIO, temping, OPKs, fertility tea 

R/R: nothing going on here. 

CS/Q: nothing yet
  • @marebear15 – The past two months I have been able to easily identify the positive. This month I bought the larger package and this has been happening.

@asupernovablizzardstorm – They worked great for me for 2 months. The larger pack-not so much.

• @holly321 I am sorry you still feel lousy.  Good luck stalking the OB tomorrow. 
    @cpiper39 I am sorry you find yourself back here.  It sounds like you have a good attitude moving forward, though!
    @Sparty18 the temptation to eat office candy is exactly why I keep a bag of Dove or Ghiradelli chocolate in my desk at all times!
    @chichiphin your DH is awesome.  That tart looks amazing! 
    @brookert615 I say never regret a treat.  Ever. :)
    @elle-0409 stay safe!  Let us know how you are!
    @nightdreamr13 I am so sorry about your DH's grandmother.  It's so hard to say goodbye to a grandparent.  I still miss mine every day. 

CD: 3 (although I thought CD1 started Sunday night but went back to spotting yesterday so who the heck knows?)

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, Fertility Friend, red raspberry leaf tea, OPKs, HIO, and I am going to start temping once AF goes away. 

R/R: We started reorganizing some rooms in the house yesterday and it felt good to just throw some stuff out.  I hope this cleaning kick lasts for a long time! 

CS/Q: Nope.  Hoping AF goes away fast. Ordering some new OPKs this evening too.  I'm a little nervous that temping might make me more anxious, but I know I need to confirm O and not just rely on the OPKs.  
  • @emeraldduchess Temping does add another layer of stress, but it’s super helpful to confirm O! Good luck with all your new purchases 😊
    November Siggy Contest - Thanksgiving Fails!
    Image result for joey turkey friends