November 2018 Moms

Birth Plans

2»

Re: Birth Plans

• @offtoneverland - good to know!

@runningyogimama - sounds like a great plan to me! My new plan is get the baby out safety. 

• - What are you including in your birth plan? I'd like to delay the epidural as long as possible so I can walk around, squat, bounce on birth ball, etc., but am not ruling it out entirely, because I'm sure I won't have the willpower to say no to one. Would love to have a successful VBAC. Baby stays with me, skin-to-skin, attempt to breastfeed ASAP. 

- Have you shared it with your doctor/midwife? Not in detail. Will be switching doctors at the very last minute, so there's really no point. :/

- Anything you are especially concerned about? Worried about the fact that I will be moving so close to the baby's due date. Makes it hard to even know which state I'll end up in, if I'll have enough time to find a new doctor, if we'll have a solid place to live yet, or if we'll be settled in KY and have a game plan for DS while I deliver. If by some insane circumstance I go into labor in GA, we have no plan for DS. Really hoping she stays put until we're settled in our new house and only a few hours away from family vs. 13 hours away from them.

- Are there any areas where you and your doctor/hospital aren't in complete agreement with your preferences or anything you think you will have to really fight for? Currently, no. We're on the same page. Hopefully the same will be true when I switch hospitals.

- STM+ Anything you are changing this time around or anything you wish you had added the last time? Anything you would leave off? Just trying to be open-minded about labor and delivery and remind myself that it's out of my hands. Anything can happen, so if things don't go the way I envision, hopefully I'll take it easy on myself and not feel like I failed. It took a long time to not feel like a failure after DS's birth, and it's still a sore spot for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • So, I didn't really have a birth plan last time and I probably won't again this time. I found once I was in the thick of it, the last thing I was thinking of was a plan!

I do want an epidural again but this time probably sooner. I would also like to do delayed cord clamping this time, skin time as soon as he is born and for that first hour, and I am going to refuse the episiotomy again.