February 2019 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Oct 3

For those due Feb 6, 13, 20, 27.
1) How many weeks are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) R/R/Q

5) What are some of your hobbies?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Oct 3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @becks_726 most doctors order a glucose screening between 24-28 weeks to check for gestational diabetes. Then around 28 weeks you will also have some blood drawn to check for antibodies, check for anemia, etc. Then for low risk women, that’s about the gist of it until approx 35 weeks when they do a vaginal/rectal swab for group B strep bacteria to determine if you need antibiotics during labor. So after this next month or so it should be smooth sailing. Just more frequent appointments.

After my appointment next week, I will see my OB every 2 weeks until January when it will be weekly until my jan 29 induction. 
  • Options
    @becks_726 I've been thinking about getting a doula too! I wanna try do go all natural!

@disneybaby84 I'm sorry to hear that, I hope everything is ok! When is your next appointment?
  • Options
    @eliseirene31613 not sure, i have to wait for the high risk doc to schedule me.
  • Options
    I hope everything turns out fine @disneybaby84. I'm sorry you have that additional stress. 
  • Options
    @becks_726 thanks for the encouragement!
    @ksdelong20 Lol at adding things to shopping cart and never buying them!
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 sorry you have that extra stress. Thinking of you
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays I 100% share your concern about being the one with all the info. I have had a few conversations with DH about it but circumstances make it vaguely inevitable. Is your H one to watch videos or listen to podcasts? I know it's not the same as a book but it might be better than nothing. 
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays there were times in my labor where I was not with it and DH did have to speak to the nurse for me. There was one point in particular where the doctor came in and was pushing C section, my DH spoke up for me and said I wanted to go all natura, at this point in my labor I was not with it and do mot remember this conversation.
  • Options
    Thanks @becks_726  that’s a good idea I didn’t think of! And @disneybaby84 thanks for sharing. Having these little stories/real life examples in my back pocket when talking to DH is helpful. 
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays what do you do for a living? I went to music school too! But I came in as a music Ed major and came out with a BS in nursing  :D I did minor in French horn performance though
  • Options
    Ooo!! Another music geek on here I love it. I went to music school for Violin performance , and decided in my sr year to stick around for the extra year for the music Ed credits + student teaching. So glad I did, because I was meant to be an elem general music teacher!! That’s what I do now plus a little bit of my position is strings.
    And, it’s funny bc when I was in HS I swore I would NEVER be a music teacher. Lol. I now have my masters in music Ed too. 
    Ps I loved playing horn in methods classes... but it’s SO difficult! 
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays I could never quite get the hang of strings! So props to you! I started as a child on piano, then flute. I started horn in 8th grade and loved brass. Did mellophone and trombone in marching band, trumpet in jazz band. I tried so hard to play guitar! I almost went to Ithaca conservatory but opted for my state U for mostly financial reasons. I have a lot of friends who are music teachers lol. I'm thankful for you guys! 
  • Options
    @notthecheat wow you played so many instruments pre-college, that’s awesome. And, I’m  thankful for nurses- something I couldn’t do!! Isn’t it funny how we all find our way to what we are supposed to be ?