December 2018 Moms

Check In 10/2 (Due Date 12/24-12/31+)

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: Do you have any holiday traditions, or traditions in general, that you'll be doing this year?

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
BFP: 4/20/2018
EDD: 12/29/2018

Re: Check In 10/2 (Due Date 12/24-12/31+)

• How far along are you? How big is baby?

27w3d, baby is the size of an acorn squash

Mostly good. More tired than usual, but mostly because of DS's molar coming through. He slept great last night though. I've been getting dizzy spells here and there.

Raves: DS actually slept good last night!! He woke up at 11:30pm looking for his water, I got him his water and he fell back to sleep. Yay.

Dear Diary: My MIL and best friend are planning my shower. I just finally got the addresses for them last night. The party is in a little over a month, so I guess they want to get the invites out. I had just e-mailed them to the MIL when my best friend sent me a text asking for them.

GTKY: Do you have any holiday traditions, or traditions in general, that you'll be doing this year?

We don't really have any traditions, but I think we need to make some. I think homemade cinnamon rolls may be a tradition though. I made them for Thanksgiving morning and Christmas morning. That's a nice tradition, so maybe I will continue that. Other than that, we don't really have any traditions which bums me out. I'd like to start doing a Christmas movie on Christmas Eve with popcorn as well. Hopefully DH won't be working.

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 26+1, kale

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? I have a cold. Its not awful (knock wood) but still sucks. Having to pee MOTN every night now. 

I had a great time visiting with my Dad this past week. It's always hard to say goodbye because it will be a year until I see him again. 

We started a Christmas Eve box with DD. She opens it after we get home from DHs side. There's always new Christmas pajamas, book, and little activity coloring book or something. As she gets older we can add in a movie with popcorn and hot chocolate. That will be a nice way to unwind and relax just with our family. Our holidays are always so crazy. We have 4 Christmas' plus our own so any time we can spend just us will be nice. But this year with baby due right about then I have no idea what's going to happen. 

@AdorkablePixie I love the cinnamon rolls in the morning idea. I think this year as our gift, we are going to bake everyone a loaf. We're looking at either an apple cinnamon or a craberry orange one. We're going to make the apple cinnamon one this week and test it out. 

• Loading the player...
  • @katy0990y My Dad lives overseas in Kazakhstan - he works for Chevron. He is pretty restricted as far as how as his Visa and how time he can take off and come back to the US. He is retiring by the end of next year so I will be able to see him a lot more after he retires. 
  • @gorgeousariel I’m glad you will be seeing more of him soon.
  • mcgeevamcgeeva member
    edited October 2018

How far along are you? How big is baby? 26 wks 6 days - kale who the heck knows

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Back is officially killing me! And mad tired. Worked from 6am till 11 last night. Not sure how long I can do this for.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Nope just want this week to fly by so I can get to my fetal echo next week and growth scan. 

Rant: People are annoying when it come to pregnancy weight and how we carry differently. this chick at my brother's son's bday last sat was due in march. Didn't want more kids but got knocked up. Well had to proceed to tell me she doesn't snack or eat any unhealthy food sand only gained two pounds. Last pregnancy gained total of 16 and had a 9 pound kids. Sorry that doesn't seem normal to me. i thought the sack and all weight more then that. And because you choose to eat doesn't mean I starve myself, Ugh

yes I love love decorating for Halloween and Xmas. I go all out with decorations so will be doing super early this year. We always go to a christmas parade in middleburg the first week of December every year which is a special even for my boys. Candy throwing, santa passes by etc. Always fun to do. 

@katy0990 we do the same thing for xmas eve. It's our family time to watch movies, snack by the fire etc. 

@AdorkablePixie   yummm cinnamon rolls!

@gorgeousariel Love the xmas box idea! I also love that your dad is from Kazahkastan. I do trademarks for there all the time and never met anyone that actually lived there. 

@lexidawg yeah daycare shopping blows. I've never liked any daycare center for babies. Only home daycare but this time around we are doing a big daycare because my son is there for another 9 months and I can't do 3 drop offs and pickups. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• How far along are you? How big is baby?

27w5d

I have a cold that sucks!  Also just so so tired all the time.

Finding a daycare is going to be the death of me. I hate all the infant rooms ever.

We dont have any but will definitely make it a priority to establish some now that we will have a child.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @McGeeva I do not understand why some women say lack of weight gain as a badge of honor.
    @lexidawg What is it about the infant rooms that you don’t like? Have you looked into an in-home daycare?

• @katy0990 I just hate all the tiny cribs.. the thought that he will be in there so much (although they say it's just for naps).  I don't know. I just haven't had a great feeling about any of them.  

@mcgeeva and @katy0990 We checked out an at home daycare this morning it was a hard no from me. At least that particular place.  I feel like I need something in between. Although I am trying to remember that I will have him with me for 5 months, so he wont be in an infant room for THAT long. UGH.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My thoughts on home daycare is I HAVE To know someone that goes there a friend that I trust. Because you don't see your kids during the day so you want to have some sort of trust. Two I always liked way back my older one would tell me if something happened at home daycare. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @AdorkablePixie   homemade cinnamon rolls in the morning and a movie at night sound like perfect traditions :)

@gorgeousariel how hard that must be to only see your dad once a year.  You must be thrilled he's retiring next year so you can see more of him!

@katy0990 I love the idea of a zoo trip to see the lights. And the home alone pizza tradition christmas eve is fantastic. 

How far along are you? How big is baby?

28+1, baby is the size of an eggplant

Feeling good, just hate the heartburn and I'm wishing I could actually sleep in my bed, but sitting up on the couch it is.

Rant:  I was SUPPOSED to go pick up our marriage certificate today from the township vitals office so I can get a move on transitioning insurance, changing my name, etc.  I called this morning and they still haven't received our license from the county clerk!  They told us it would be there by Monday, the latest. Now I need to play the phone tag game to see wtf is taking so long. 

Christmas eve my family celebrates Vigilia, basically the Polish version of the Italian feast of 7 fishes.  So christmas eve we spend with my family, and Christmas day we spend with DH's.  His family usually doesn't do much, so we just eat a late lunch, open gifts, and watch movies.  It's a nice lazy day. His family is moving to Kentucky soon, so things will change. Hopefully they aren't expecting us to host them all in our tiny house!  And this year, I don't think we are going to visit my family for christmas eve because it's a 2 hr drive and my due date!  We shall see! 

We will probably start a new family tradition for baby.  My family always cut down our christmas tree together the week after Thanksgiving, but I think we are going artificial.  So maybe our tradition will be that the day after Thanksgiving we decorate the tree together at night listening to christmas music!  I like the idea of a big christmas morning breakfast, just us.  Maybe a christmas eve box with PJs, a movie or book, etc. Like @gorgeousariel.  I definitely want something that feels special to us.  And I love the idea of a traditional christmas drive to see the lights, or even a light show.  There is a farm that has a great light display right down the road. 

• @scaredunprepared any wedding pics???

• @lexidawg  i’m sorry that you’re having a tough time finding somewhere. It is a really difficult choice. 
    @scaredunprepared  I forgot that we also cut down our tree every year with my in-laws!  That is so annoying that they have not filed your marriage certificate, yet. I remember that whole process as a PITA. Does your family know you got married?
  • @mcgeeva I posted a few in the HDBD thread :) don't want to spam you all with crazy amounts of photos!

@katy0990 yes definitely annoying! Supposedly it will be ready tomorrow.  I may have to wait till Thursday to pick it up because I don't think I'll be home from work early enough to get to the township building before they close tomorrow.  My family knows we got married (at least my immediate family and a few close aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.).  Apparently he did the whole asking for my parents' blessing thing before he proposed and I had no idea!  His family does not know.  He hasn't told them yet.  Not sure what he's waiting for!  We are going to a barn benefit dance at my old job this weekend, so going to let all my old coworkers in on the news then!  My current coworkers found out today :)  (I told my boss about it on Thursday before it happened).
  • @gorgeousariel An apple cinnamon loaf sounds amazing. I've been getting up almost every night to pee too! On the rare night when I don't it's always so amazing. lol I've thought about doing a Christmas Eve box. What type of box do you put it in? I think I will see how DH feels about this. I think that would be a fun new tradition to start! :)

@katy0990 Molars are the devil!! I love Home Alone but for some reason DH is not a huge fan. We may make it tradition to watch The Elf, because we both love that one. Or The Grinch.

@mcgeeva OMG that is a long day. Too long!! Don't overdo it. She only gained two pounds?! That is NOT healthy. Was she overweight? They do say some overweight people should gain less weight, so maybe that's what was going on? Also, a girl I know gave up coffee and chocolate and everything while she was pregnant. There is no way I could give up chocolate. lol

@scaredunprepared That is frustrating about the marriage license thing. They need to get on it! I've been thinking about doing the Christmas Eve box as well. That is so sweet your DH asked for their blessing before proposing!

@lexidawg I agree with @mcgeeva about in home daycares. Or an in home that is slightly larger and has at least two people working together at all times. After what happened with DS, we would never consider another in home daycare again so we've had to go the more expensive route of a smaller daycare center, but we LOVE it. I hope you're able to find a place that is suitable to your needs/wants!

• AdorkablePixie No 5'8 and a twig. I'm sorry I def thing that's a prob not a good thing. Oh yeah I was told cut back on carbs and sugar I can't seem to do both. 

• @mcgeeva Ummmm yeah, that is NOT healthy. If nothing else, people should gain at least like 15 right? Because that's how much baby, placenta, extra blood, etc all weigh...

• @AdorkablePixie it's basically just a regular box with Christmas design on it. I found one with Santa and it says December. 24 on it. I thinking it at Joann's but I know lots of places have them around Christmas time 

• @gorgeousariel Awesome. Thanks.

• k_m10k_m10 member
    edited October 2018

How far along are you? How big is baby? 28 weeks yesterday. Baby is an eggplant. 

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? I’m okay. The exhaustion really hit last week, but going to bed early is helping. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? According to the growth ultrasound at 26 weeks, baby’s head is at like the 89th percentile. So a bit nervous about pushing him out, lol. 

*TW*

I’ve been away from this board for a few months. I had 3 different bleeding episodes that went into my 2nd trimester. I was referred to a high risk perinatologist who said his best guess was that the placenta was separating from the uterine wall. Which, obviously, is bad. The bleeding stopped after that 3rd time, anatomy scan went well, and everything has been good since then. It was just super scary. 

GTKY: Do you have any holiday traditions, or traditions in general, that you'll be doing this year? We go to my family’s every year for Christmas, but they live 6-8 hours away and since I’m due 12/26 we’ll be skipping that. I’m so bummed. I’m still thinking about going for Thanksgiving, but we’ll be up there 2 weeks before, and that much travel (especially with Thanksgiving traffic) is going to be really hard. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @k_m10 Welcome back! I’m sorry you had a tough couple of months, but I’m glad the bleeding has stopped and everything looks good!
  • @katy0990 thanks! I’m happy to be back. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @k_m10 Wow! That is so scary. I am glad everything seems to be going well and baby is doing good.

• k_m10  glad all is okay. Are you on a modified bedrest now?  I had a partial abruption and went into labor with my first and still is one of the most traumatic things my husband and I remember about my first pregnancy. Still scared it would happen again. 

• @k_m10 welcome back!  Glad all is well. 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 28 weeks 4 days, eggplant! 

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Exhausted from lack of sleep, guess this is good practice for having a newborn again! 

GTKY: Do you have any holiday traditions, or traditions in general, that you'll be doing this year? Well usually we cut down a tree but I’m not sure I’ll be up to it this year. We’ll see if I can go as it gets closer. We do the main part of celebrating with my inlaws on Christmas Eve because they’re polish, so lots of polish food, present opening and a midnight mass. Christmas Day we go to my parents and I’m in charge of cooking prime rib and all the trimmings for the family and my sister usually takes care of desserts. Really hoping I’m feeling up to it this year! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • @misscheapandchic yay for polish christmas eve!  Been celebrating it my whole life and wouldn't have it any other way.  Love that tradition.