April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 4 (Due 4/22-4/30) Check In w/o 10/1

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now?

Me: 31
H: 36
L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Week 4 (Due 4/22-4/30) Check In w/o 10/1

• Options

Due date: April 25th

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. Crossing my fingers that we'll hear a heartbeat! (It'll put my mind at ease that everything's ok in there.)

Rants/Raves?: DH and I have told a few more close friends and family members about our pregnancy, and everyone has been so excited and supportive, it's just been wonderful. :blush:

How are you feeling?: Much better over the last week or so, though my back still kills me at the end of a workday. I work retail, so I'm on my feet and constantly walking all day. 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be a ballerina (I'm definitely not that now, lol). But I also loved Barbies and dressing them up in different outfits, which is sort of what I do now. I manage a ladies clothing store, and do a lot of visual merchandising. 

• Options

Due date: 
    4/22

None this week

Rants/Raves?: 
    I'm bummed that my NT scan and NIPT test got pushed back a week. It was originally going to be this week but got pushed back to next Friday. We are seeing out of town friends that day and I wanted to announce to them by having DS wear a big brother shirt. But after some previous losses we aren't telling DS until we get good NIPT results.  I am starting to show so I hope no one asks me in front of DS! 

How are you feeling?: 
    Still nauseous on and off, but much better overall.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? 
    A gymnast. Lol, no - I am super uncoordinated and fairly unathletic. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Piccola1988Piccola1988 member
    edited October 2018

@jasmine5904 good luck at your ultrasound!

@KingElvis that sucks about your tests being pushed back. I would be getting so impatient!

Due date: April 24th

Any appointments? Questions?:  No appointments this week - next Friday I have the NT scan, hooray!

Rants/Raves?:  Really just rants.  Waiting impatiently for my NIPT results.  I went in on Friday so there's no way they'll be done yet, but I'm hoping by the end of the week.  Also, I really wanted to tell our parents last week just so I could stop keeping secrets but my mom got sick and won't come over (which I do appreciate because she doesn't want to infect my son), but blah, now it feels like it's hanging over my head.  Plus I think they're going to be a little offended we waited so long since they aren't the type to keep anything from close family.

How are you feeling?: Really not good at all.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now?  I wanted to be a divorce attorney...lol.  Some dream for a small child.  I ended up going for my MBA instead of to law school because even as a young adult family was more important to me than career, and I felt like a career in business might be more flexible than one where I'm at the mercy of legal clients.  Now I run marketing at my company, so not really too similar.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Due date: April 26th

Any appointments? Questions?: Ultrasound Today at 4!!!!! 

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: EXHAUSTED!

When I was in high school I wanted to be a forensic pathologist. No where close now. I am now a marketing data analyst. 

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options

Due date: 4/23

Any appointments? Questions?: nope 

Rants/Raves?: I think I have to give up coffee :( I can barely drink it or smell it and it makes me nauseous. Going to have to switch to soda cause I need caffeine! 

How are you feeling?: icky but getting better. Brushing my teeth makes me gag and I have a headache today cause I think I got 2 sips of coffee and it’s not enough .

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? A nurse or a fashion designer. I’m in accounting now so in no way similar. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Due date: April 22

Any appointments? Today!!! Ultrasound! No pic but the baby moved a bunch  kicked legs, wiggled, completely turned over! It made me smile.  Also my daughter and hubby were there and got to see and my dd 2.75 yrs was like “more I want to see the baby move more!” It was sweet.

Rants/Raves?: I got my flu shot today and now my arm doesn’t want to be used at all... but the dog tracked 💩 in the house last night so I need to deep clean the rug  

How are you feeling?: tired, nausea but no vomiting  

I wanted to be an artist-architect. I’m a sthm now who does a little project managing on the side (painting buildings) and I have degrees in elementary education and special education. I’d do special education teaching but I disagree with the current methods in my state. CA. 

• Options

Due date: 4/28

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an intake appointment today, got to hear the heartbeat. Have my NT scan booked for 10/17.

Rants/Raves?: Traveling last week was NOT fun, but at least I didn’t puke on the plane and didn’t need to cook anything.

How are you feeling?: Tired, gassy lol

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? When I was little I wanted to be a cat so that didn’t work out great. I do think I was onto something though, my cat has an excellent life.

• Options

Due date: 

4/28

Going in sometime this week to do my NIPT blood draw.

Rants/Raves?: 

My work gave me awesome seats to the basketball game tomorrow night. Dinner, drinks, snacks and dessert included. Go Utah Jazz! Or maybe it's go food!

How are you feeling?: 

I'm more nausea now than ever. Wtf? Plus I have a feeling I'm getting a cold. Plus I'm super bloated..  and I fart a lot.

Anthropologist. 

I'm a glorified receptionist for a large oil company now. But I spent the better part of ten years working with animals in various capacities.

• Options

Hi all!  

Due date:  4/28

Any appointments? Questions?: tomorrow I go in to talk to a nutritionist and labs for NIPT and NT  

Rants/Raves?: DH is leaving for a few days for work and I’m so exhausted just thinking about it.  Also, my crown fell out over the weekend so I’ve been extra moody

How are you feeling?: decent, most of the time.  Tired is my main complaint and I’ll be so glad in a few weeks when I no longer need progesterone!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now?  I wanted to be a veterinarian more than anything. Sadly my grades in bio my freshmen year in college made that dream go away quickly. I’m currently SAHM but last year I was a project manager at an elevator company.  If I had money I would totally be doing something with animals, so maybe one day

• Options

Due date:  4/28

Any appointments? Questions?:Finally got to see the little sandshrimp today! HB is good, and it was moving. I might have choked up a bit.. 

Rants/Raves?: We were early to our dr appt, and I didn't get seen until almost an hour later. Plus this woman in the waiting room was loud and obnoxious to me (DH didn't understand why I hated her). Today was a trial of my patience. 

How are you feeling?: tired, thirsty, and nauseated. 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be everything.. a veterinarian, and explorer, and countless other things.. sort of.. I worked with monkeys in animal research for a while, and now I work in the tech sector. 

TTC again since 8/2016
    Me:35 Dh:31
    1 German sheperd puppy
    BFP August 24 2018!
  • Options

Due date: 25 April 

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment is my NT Scan on 16 October. 

Rants/Raves?: The Bump app SUCKS. I want to be on more often and get to know people, but it's constantly crashing (especially once everyone in the US is up) and I don't get notifications. Is this happening to anyone else?

How are you feeling?: Tired. Nausea has mostly subsided but has been replaced by insomnia. Of course DS chose this month to drop his nap, so I can't even sneak a nap. FWP, I know, but man, I could use a nap!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? When I was really little I couldn't decide between a farmer and a queen. When I was 5 I informed my parents I would be a queen because then I would own all of the farms. When I was 6 I went to London and planned on meeting Prince William, my future husband. He wasn't interested so I said screw that I'm going to be a brain surgeon. I'm now a developmental psychologist with a background in Neuroscience, so I guess that's pretty close!

DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    sschmitzzsschmitzz member
    edited October 2018
    Edit: my username is wrong. for some reason it is posting in two separate accounts. Will post w/ correct name 
  • Options
    Due Date: 4/27

Appointments/Questions: My next appointment is this Friday 10/5.

Rants/Raves: I'm pretty blah at the moment. My 5 y/o is finally stoked about being a big sister. I was totally shocked at how changing my verbiage from "we're all having a baby" to "you're going to be a big sister" has totally changed her outlook on the situation.

How are you feeling?: Generally, fairly good. Some days more tired than others. Crazy dreams and insomnia. I was sick for 28 weeks w/ DD so having mild nausea this time around seems like a gift.

GTKY: When I was little I always wanted to be a veterinarian. Then in high school, I worked at a vets office and I didn't enjoy holding the animals down for euthanization. I have now worked in an ER as an EMT, worked as a firefighter/EMT, and now I am finishing my Masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine. I think I am still along the same lines... I also have two dogs, both rescues. I would have more if my husband would allow.  
  • Options
    Edd: 4/26

Appointments: none

Questions: not really...

Feeling: the nausea is really only bad lately when my stomach is empty. Which also means I’ve gained about 3 pounds so far. A little discouraging. I look forward to feeling well enough to exercise again. Exhaustion right now is ruling my life. My house is a mess too. 

GTKY: Well I guess I wanted to be a writer or a teacher. I’m a SAHM, which I guess I also wanted but not really in the “what do you want to do someday” sense. I have substitute taught some in the past which I enjoyed. 
  • Options

Due date: April 23

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an appt. yesterday, finally! Got an US and saw the heartbeat <3

Rants/Raves?: So hoping that my nausea goes away soon; other than that, nope!

How are you feeling?: Nauseous off and on

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? A pilot or an attorney...and I'm an attorney =)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Due date: April 26th

Any appointments? Questions?: So many appointments. 7 in the next 2 weeks because I’m high risk.

Rants/Raves?: I get that I’m high risk but man these doctors and nurses do nothing but scare me. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling ok. Some nausea and my boobs hurt. And tired. Very tired.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be an architect. Now I work in the office at a retail store. Not even close 

• Options

Due date: 4/27

Any appointments? Questions?: I had NIPT bloodwork done this week (MaterniT21). NT scan coming up in about two weeks.

Rants/Raves?: I’ve been trying to get accustomed to sleeping on my side in prep for 2nd trimester, but it’s not going well, even with a pregnancy pillow. I’ve been a back sleeper for most of my adult life. Also, I’d kill for a full night’s sleep. Of course I don’t expect to sleep once baby arrives, but I didn’t realize I’d have to pee three times a night every night since about 4wks! 

How are you feeling?: Bloated, tired, and having little bouts of nausea here and there. Also, by hips and glutes are tight and sore. 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be either an artist or an architect. Now I’m an interior designer — kind of a combination of the two!

• Options

Due date: 4/22

Any appointments? Questions?: I had an appointment today. No US but we did get to hear the heartbeat which was cool. We also scheduled my c-section for 4/17 which makes it feel more real.

Rants/Raves?: Not really  

How are you feeling?: Tired all of the time. I always fall asleep super early but unfortunately I don’t stay asleep.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be a veterinarian. I’m a performance monitoring analyst for an insurance company so not even close haha.

• Options
    *Lurking From Week 1*
    @kosmo86 how did your appointment go today?? 
    @lin0442 I can remember when I wanted to be a horse when I was a little girl. It relieved me to see I'm not alone in having wanted to be an animal.
  • Options

Due date: 4/24

Any appointments? Questions?: just had an appt today. Finally met my doc and really liked her, heard the heartbeat on doppler and got my nipt blood draw. Cant wait for the results

Rants/Raves?: DH has been hunting the past few days and when he makes it home, hes either still thinking about hunting or hes working. I need some quality time asap

How are you feeling?: still nauseous in the mornings. It had been getting better but came back with a vengeance this morning

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be a publix store manager or an orthopedic surgeon lol. I'm currently a sahm and my degrees are all in engineering/planning so definitely not even close

• Options
    @mighty_montgomery - it was good but a little strange. The doc sent me to a radiologist to get the ultrasound so we weren't allowed to see the screen or really tell us anything. I did tell her all the possible concerns the doc had and at the end she showed us the baby measuring right on time 10w4d with a heartbeat of 174. She made sure we saw the arms and legs and everything (even though she really wasn't supposed to do that). So we are optimistic, I think that if she would have seen something alarming in the ultrasound she wouldn't have happily showed us the baby. We go back to the doc on friday to get the results and go from there 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options

(This is my first post since the intro - hi everyone!!)

Due date: 

April 22nd

Just went in for US last Fri. All good and baby is shaped like a baby instead of a tamarind lol.

Rants/Raves?: 

Rant - having to keep pregnancy a secret. Also, planning best way to let work know :-/ 

Rave - DH and I are going to Disneyland this weekend w/my two brothers, my SIL and the nephews so we plan to spring the news on them there. (What better place to share our happy news than the "happiest place on Earth", right?)

How are you feeling?: 

Tired but got a handle on the nausea. As long as I don't let my stomach get too empty I'm golden. So I've been stocking up on apples and grapes and have a few peanut butter ritz crackers ans fig newtons in my purse for emergencies.

Lots of things: vet, lawyer, history teacher...not any of those now but I do wear a lot of hats working in marketing for a transportation firm so I guess that satisfies my desire to do the most :-D

• Options

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my first appointment with my OB yesterday. Went well, heard baby’s heartbeat on Doppler which was wonderful. I had 6&8wk scans at fertility center, so no more until 20wks. Go back in a month :)

Rants/Raves?: today is my 9yr wedding anniversary and DS 5th Birthday :) it’s a good day for our family  

How are you feeling?: great 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I think I wanted to be a teacher or doctor. I’m a nurse, so not really. Haha. 

Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
    PCOS
    BFP June 3,2012
    Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
    D&C July 12, 2012
    Forced 6 month break.
    BFP January 13, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Due date: April 25th

Any appointments? Questions?
    I have an appointment today to do US at 10 weeks but couldn't go because am super tired.

Rants/Raves:
    I was very much okay two days ago only to start vomiting for more than 5 times yesterday and eventually had drips fixed on me and injected with vomit reducing drugs. 😢

How are you feeling?
    At least, feeling better than yesterday but still tired and sicky.

What did you want to become when you were little? Are you anywhere close?
    Wanted to be a doctor all my life and worked towards it but eventually became a graduate of Food technology and fashion designer......😀

• Options
    Due date: 4/27 Any appointments? Questions?: NT scan and monthly visit next week.
     Rants/Raves?: I’m so over the constant nausea. 
     How are you feeling?:  Still tired and nauseous but otherwise fine.  My boys have been on their best behavior so that’s helped.
     GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little? Are you anything close to that now?  An environmental lawyer.  Not even close.  I work with drugs (legally).
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Due date: 4/27

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my first appointment with a midwife Wednesday. It went well, I got a prescription for Zofran and was also told my dosing of B6 was off (should be taking less mg morning and night instead of all at night) so hopefully this will help. We then couldn't find the LO with the doppler, so I got a bonus U/S to see the baby, still looking good! 

Rants/Raves?: I had asked at my previous U/S two weeks ago for a referral or whatever to get the NIPT done. They made zero progress on that and are now trying to squeeze me in with MFM (no clue why they think this is required for just a blood draw) sometime soon, and the whole thing just seems overly complicated and is stressing me out.

How are you feeling?: I'm annoyed that I'm still feeling nauseous so often, and I've added lightheaded to the frequent symptoms list, so I'm ready for at least one of those to go away.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I don't know, I guess a doctor like my dad? No, I'm an engineer, so not close, though I do have a PhD so I guess I'm kind of a doctor, lol.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Due date: 4/25

Any appointments? Questions?: had blood tests and early glucose test this morning (high bmi, hence early glucose)

Rants/Raves?: not particularly 

How are you feeling?: one day/hour I feel fine, the next I feel like I've been run over by a bus

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now?: I wanted to be a marine biologist, my job now has nothing to do with water or animals of any sort. 

• Options

Due date: 4/26

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until 10/24

Rants/Raves?: Nothing comes to mind!

How are you feeling?: I’ve been having leg cramps the last few days. Any suggestions on what can help? I’ve also been having very strange dreams, headaches, and nausea, although not every day which is good. 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be a teacher. Now I administer a health care discount program for low income individuals in my state. Not close, but still making a difference in people’s lives, so I consider it a win 😊

• Options

Happy Sunday!

Due date: April 25

Just had my NT & NIPT & 281 next step panel - all of the tests on Friday 

Rants/Raves?: 

rave = saw the baby & it has fingers and toes & it was  moving ! Made me feel so relieved and excited ! 

rant = I was spotting & told them I was RH negative at the place I get ultrasounds (different than my Obgyn) so they suggested I get the RhoGAM shot but because  it was was the end of the day on the Friday night bedore  a holiday weekend they couldn’t get a confirmation on my blood type (no one at the obgyn office) so they couldn’t give it to to me which was frustrating, just trying not to worry about it because I’m not bleeding anymore but def want to get it ASAP 

How are you feeling?: excited bc I saw the baby this wk

I wanted to be an astronaut ... until I realized you hadn’t to be good at math!