May 2019 Moms
Options

Fit Friday for 10/5

It's FriYAY!

What did you do this week to keep moving?
What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? 
GTKY - What is your power song when you workout?

If anyone is into it, I'm doing day 1-3 of the 2-week pregnancy challenge Saturday-Monday.  If you want to join in, let's add some encouragement to each other on here!  I also will totally up the ante as I have been staying pretty in shape so far this pregnancy and add some extra rounds on the circuits or do some cardio afterward too.  Let's do this!  I will add screenshots for the first 3 days in replies to this post so you know what is up next!

Re: Fit Friday for 10/5

• Options
    MaggieG183MaggieG183 member
    edited October 2018
    Day 1 - Strength

20 Dips
    • Place you hands on a couch, table or chair and keep your butt close to it. 
    •  Keep your feet as far from your hands as possible.
    •  To make it easier, bring your feet closer to your hands.
    •  Keep your chest up and your shoulders down.
    •  Bend from the elbows creating a 90 degree angle, then extend the elbows and go all the way up.
    •  Squeeze your triceps (back of the arm) and then slowly and controlled go back down.
    •  Do 20 reps.
    20 Dumbbell Rows
    • Bend down from the hips and arch your back.
    •  Back should be almost parallel to the ground.
    •  Hold a pair of dumbbells at your sides with arms extended.
    •  Then pull the arms up and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
    •  Slowly extend back down nice and controlled.
    20 Plie Squats
    • Separate your feet and point them all the way out.
    •  Hold one or both dumbbells in between your thighs.
    •  Keep your chest up and shoulders down.
    •  Keep your hips in.
    •  Slowly and controlled bend down as much as you can.
    •  Come back up and squeeze your inner thighs and butt. 
    20 Shoulder Presses
    • Hold a pair of dumbbells in a neutral grip at about shoulder height.
    •  Keep your chest up and shoulder blades down.
    •  Push the arms up overhead in a controlled fashion.
    •  Fully extend them and then slowly bring them back down to starting position.
    20 Stability Ball Single Leg Hip Extensions
    • Place your upper back on a stability ball and hold on to the floor with your hands.
    •  Bring one foot up and the other foot keep it on floor at a 90 degree angle.
    •  Bring your butt up and squeeze it.
    •  Then lower it down by bending the hip and almost touching the floor.
    •  Do that in a controlled fashion and then bring it up again.
  • Options
    MaggieG183MaggieG183 member
    edited October 2018
    Day 2 - Cardio Workout!

Make sure to drink a lot of water during and after.

This shouldn't take you more than 15-20 minutes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Day 3 - ARMS!
    Complete 4 sets of the following:

20 Shoulder Presses
    •   Hold a pair of dumbbells in a neutral grip at about shoulder height.
    •  Keep your chest up and shoulder blades down.
    •   Push the arms up overhead in a controlled fashion.
    •   Fully extend them and then slowly bring them back down to starting position.
    •  Do 20 repetitions.
    20 Dips
    •   Place you hands on a couch, table or chair and keep your butt close to it. 
    •  Keep your feet as far from your hands as possible.
    •  To make it easier, bring your feet closer to your hands.
    •  Keep your chest up and your shoulders down.
    •  Bend from the elbows creating a 90 degree angle, then extend the elbows and go all the way up.
    •  Squeeze your triceps (back of the arm) and then slowly and controlled go back down.
    •  Do 20 reps.
    20 Hammer Curls
    •   Stand with your chest up and shoulders down.
    •  Hold a pair of dumbbells at your sides in a neutral grip (palms in).
    •  Bend from the elbow as if you want the dumbbell to touch your shoulders.
    •  Squeeze the biceps (front of arms) and then lower the weights slowly and controlled.
    •  Repeat for 20 reps.
  • Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited October 2018
    --What did you do this week to keep moving? Unfortunately I only got in two workouts due to sick DD2, appt out of town, and DD1 Awana. But they were both good workouts! And it felt great to get the barbell back in my hands today
    --What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? Hoping for 4-6 days of actual gym workouts, hopefully getting into the CrossFit box at least once
    --GTKY - What is your power song when you workout? I don't even know...I'm so used to a CrossFit box where a random Pandora station is on blasting angry rock or something like "Talk Dirty to Me"...the only time I choose music is during cardio and I like listening to 30 Seconds to Mars for that.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @imrachellea  what is Awana? You mentioned it in another thread and it has such a fascinating name. I wish you the best at getting to the gym this coming week! I feels so good to get into the groove and it’s so very hard to take time off of working out especially when it’s beyond your control.

I was able to get to the gym Saturday and Sunday last weekend and Monday too. I also ran 2 miles with the kids Tuesday, 2.25 miles on Thursday, and we did a brutal exercise relay today in both gym classes in which I burned 409 calories in 40 minutes according to my heart rate monitor.

What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? I’m hoping to gym it up tomorrow before taking the kiddo to the museum in the morning and then go again Sunday for Body Pump class. I’m also going to add in the days 1-3 of the pregnancy challenge this weekend to beef things up a bit...then I can eat pizza for dinner tomorrow night, right? I’m planning on keeping the kiddos going at school with 2 days of running rain or shine and, hopefully, on Wednesday, DH will be home from Ohio so I can do Body Pump again that night....might be a pipe dream though.

GTKY - What is your power song when you workout? I know I asked this question, but I totally don’t listen to music when I work out. I get into a zone in my brain and almost concentrate on the white noise of the treadmills or other machines. 😂 
  • Options
    Not enough lol! I am moving between teaching first grade and running after 2 boys, but getting workouts in has been rough! Ds2 is up until last 9 because of his nap at daycare and I am exhausted by that point. I did manage a few 2-3 mile walks with the dog, but I need more fitness. Excited about this pregnancy fit challenge. 

I am thinking I have to switch to morning exercise. If I got up at 6 I could squeeze in a jog with the dog or a workout video for 25-30 min. Then still be able to crash when I can’t function anymore at 8 pm. 

GTKY - What is your power song when you workout? I don’t listen to a lot of music. I usually run at night so it’s important for me to be able to hear around me. I used to like soldier though when I was working out at the gym. 
  • Options
    @MaggieG183 Awana is kind of sort of like Christian scouts. They have vests, earn badges, move levels. They do games, crafts, learn bible verses, Bible stories. She's been in for two years and she loves it!
  • Options
    @imrachellea Different than I anticipated, but still gorgeous name and great activity to promote for your daughter. I was in Girl Scouts for years and believe wholeheartedly in scouting of any nature. It helps develop such independent, confident, caring human beings.
  • Options
    @Stormiewinter oh I wish I could wake up early right now. I haven’t been able to function before 7 each morning lately. If I could wake up earlier I would totally work out and get that done right away before I hit my super tired spell mid afternoon.
  • Options
    I made it to the gym Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Wish I made it more, but it is what it is. 

I’m planning on going to the gym 4 days this week. DS has tumbling Tuesday mornings now, so im probably just going to take that as a rest day the rest of this pregnancy.

GTKY - What is your power song when you workout? Our gym picks the music since it’s group classes, but I love the alternative 90s days there!
  • Options
    What did you do this week to keep moving? Mowed my yard Sunday, did a 5.5 mile run Tuesday, and did a half hour kettlebell hiit cardio video Thursday 
    What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? Exercise 2x, hoping to get a run in & an at home youtube workout
    GTKY - What is your power song when you workout? Current favorite: The Champion
  • Options
    i bike to work and home, except on Wednesdays. On Friday I had an extra long ride because I had an appt in the morning, but it’s usually 7 miles/40 minutes each day. 
    I also walk to pick up DD from daycare after I get home. Only 0.6 miles but it all adds up. 

What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? Walk more at work. There is a loop I can do around midtown with limited stoplights that is 1.25 miles. I did it twice a day at my last pregnancy but I don’t have my walking buddy anymore. So I need to find some extra motivation. 

GTKY - What is your power song when you workout? I don’t listen to music when I workout!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @MaggieG183 lol I am usually a night owl but I just can’t function by the time I get the boys to bed. I have never been so tired! I am hoping the mornings work better, though I am a little skeptical. Lol 
  • Options
    Last school year I woke up religiously at 5:07 to get to CrossFit for the 5:30am class, then rushed home to get a quick shower, both girls ready with breakfast, and of the door by 7:10, it was no joke. This year I have to be at work by 7 (3 minute commute though!) but I get home nearly two hours earlier than I did last year so I'm embracing the fact that I can "sleep in"...but I miss how an early workout set me up for the day.