Baby Names
Options

Just curious!

Do you or do you plan to meet your baby before naming him or her?

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
Married July 2010
DC #1 Oct 2013
DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Just curious! 46 votes

Yes, so we know what name suits the baby
23% 11 votes
No, we like to have a name ahead of time
52% 24 votes
We will only take a list of names to the hospital if we can’t make up our minds before then
23% 11 votes

Re: Just curious!

• Options
    kmvisiolikmvisioli member
    edited October 2018
    Personally it has differed by kid for me. DS1 we went in with two names and decided after birth. DS2 I just knew what his name was around 16 weeks. DS3 had two options at the hospital. And this baby we settled by 20 weeks because it just feels like his name already.

Edit to add: I will say that both kids we went in undecided it took much longer to feel like their name suited them. We decided pretty quickly between our two choices, but the name didn’t feel like “theirs” for a few weeks or even months.
  • Options
    We were team green 5 times. We always had a boy and a girl name picked out ahead of time. Each name was perfect for that baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had DD1's name picked out before we knew she was a girl. I feel like being able to call her by her name instead of just "baby" in utero helped me to bond with her. We're working on naming DD2 and I think we're pretty settled on a first name, but I'm not 100% just yet. I plan to have a name 100% picked out for her by the time she's born though. It helps me to be able to talk to them and call them by their name before they arrive and feel like I know them by the time they are born.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    we didn’t find out baby’s gender so my answer is yes and no

we knew baby we be either William or Savannah but didn’t know which one until meeting them 

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    For my one and only kiddo we went to the hospital with two names and planned to meet him and figure out which name suited him......we still couldnt decide! I made my husband pick one.
  • Options
    kmvisioli said:
    Personally it has differed by kid for me. DS1 we went in with two names and decided after birth. DS2 I just knew what his name was around 16 weeks. DS3 had two options at the hospital. And this baby we settled by 20 weeks because it just feels like his name already.

Edit to add: I will say that both kids we went in undecided it took much longer to feel like their name suited them. We decided pretty quickly between our two choices, but the name didn’t feel like “theirs” for a few weeks or even months.
    That’s really interesting! 

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker