Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

1st miscarriage. Lots of pressure?

nopegoatnopegoat member
edited October 2018 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Started lightly bleeding yesterday before my first OB appt to confirm pregnancy. Dr did an ultrasound and is showed no development in my uterus at all (according to my LMP I was supposed to be 6wk2d). However because I did throw a positive pregnancy test in their office they sent  me to do bloodwork. Levels were only 90. Later bleeding picked up and I started to pass small clots.

Today I have been slightly crampy and started passing more/bigger clots. I also passed some sort of tissue. I'm not really crampy anymore but still having a lot of pressure. Almost like Braxton hicks contractions but it's constant instead of coming in waves. Is my body just gearing up for clearing the rest out and can I expect a lot more cramping? I know I'll bleed (heavy period) for a while longer just wondering what I'm in for pain/cramping wise.

I know everyone's bodies react differently but was just wondering what others in a similar situations have experienced. 
Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: 1st miscarriage. Lots of pressure?

• Everyone has a different experience but for both my miscarriages, the severe cramps started a few hours after I passed the tissue. It was intermittent pain and heavy bleeding over the following two days. 
    I'm sorry for your loss. 
  • @nopegoat sorry you are going through this. I know when it started happening to me I found reading about other experiences very helpful.

*TW*
    Very light bleeding started on a Friday, all weekend it gradually increased, slight cramping, by that tuesday I had progressively worse cramping and bleeding/passing clots. Eventually tuesday night I had full on contractions and passed a large mass (placenta), had heavy bleeding until Friday when I passed another large mass (sac). By Monday bleeding pretty much tapered off and now thursday all is regular.

I hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • @brimac33 thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry for your losses. ❤️

@cikcikpolicnik thank you. Hearing others experiences has helped. I'm so sorry for your loss as well. ❤️ 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat I’m so sorry you’re going through this. 

Tw*

I’ve had 5 losses and passed 3 naturally. The two I’ve had around 6 weeks have been the least painful. Mostly like a heavier, more painful period. The one I’m going through now, I’ve been bleeding/spotting for almost 2 weeks. The other one was around 8 weeks and I had more painful cramping and pressure right before I passed the sac. I bled for 2 days prior to passing it. The bleeding got heavier along with the cramping for about 40 minutes and once I passed the sac I felt almost instantly better. Cramping disappeared and bleeding got lighter. I did continue to bleed and then spot for about 10 days afterward. Hopefully this helps a little. 
  • @nopegoat just thought of this and not sure if it actually helped. But when the MC started on the day it was getting really bad, I stayed home from work and went for a massage, I don't know if that helped me relax or get thing's moving quicker, but that night is when I passed all my large masses etc.
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this again @kbrown2385. Thank you for sharing your experiences. ❤️

@cikcikpolicnik that makes sense. Thank you for sharing.

Pressure is finally gone. Now I'm just bleeding which I knew would last for a while.

Did any of you ladies experience lack of appetite during your miscarriage?  ddon't know if it's leftover hormones or possibly some emotional toil manifesting physically but I have no appetite and am getting quite nauseous still.. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat

I am going through this right now. This is my first pregnancy. I would be about 11 weeks along now. We had just told my mother-in-law on Monday...and while I was staying with her (in a cabin in the middle of the woods) on Thursday, I had a little bleeding. I was worried but not very because I had intercourse earlier that day and had heard this could happen. When there was a more significant amount later that night, I called the midwife. Bleeding stopped, they weren't too concerned...but when it started up again on Friday in heavier amounts, they told me to come to the ER. It was a harrowing 2.5 hour drive through the mountains to get there. I still didn't want to believe anything serious was wrong so I drove to the hospital where I had established a midwife, rather than going to a closer hospital. 

My husband met me there. They took me right to a room, got me in a gown, had me lay down. They took seven vials of blood to test for various things, hooked me up to an IV when I almost blacked out from panic. At this stage, I hadn't even had an ultrasound or blood work done yet. Blood looked okay. First ultrasound looked okay. But then they had an actual ultrasound tech come in with the better machine, I guess...and I let her work in silence for a good ten minutes, but I was getting more and more concerned by the look on her face. I finally got the courage to ask and she told me she couldn't find a heartbeat, which at almost 11 weeks should be easy enough to do. 

Some time passed while she had radiology confirm her findings. The doctor came in and talked to me. He had my midwife come down to see me. They didn't do an internal exam, which surprised me. Part of me is still wondering if they could be wrong. I had a friend this happened to...three doctors told her that her baby had no heartbeat. That same child is five years old now. I know this is probably false hope and I shouldn't voice it aloud, but...

Anyway, today there has been a lot of cramping. Menstrual-feeling stuff. There has been bleeding but only when I use the bathroom. Clots, I think, too. I've been doing nothing but laying in bed, shuffling to the bathroom, crying all day long. I know, I know, miscarriages are very common in the first trimester, but I just didn't think this would ever happen to me. Who does, right? 

I'm just so sad right now. So I know what you're going through. Sending you love through the air. 
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this @SamanthaSt55. Huge hugs! ❤️ ❤️ 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Hi @nopegoat I was thinking of you and missing you. I hope you’re doing better (at least) physically by now. Hugz to you!

• @expandcontract thank you! I miss you too! I'm doing a lot better. I think I'm almost done bleeding which is a huge relief. Getting anxious to start trying again.

I stalk the May board every now and then to see how everyone is doing! ❤️ 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙