November 2018 Moms
Options

Team Green Check in

We're getting so close to meeting our babies!!!

How are you guys doing? 
Any strong feelings it's a boy or girl? 
Is your nursery done? 
Are you "ready" for baby? 
Do you have names picked out/narrowed down? 

Add whatever else you want! I love hearing how other team greeners are doing, since hardly anyone I know IRL chooses to be team green.
*TW*
Me:35 DH:35
Dx: PCOS
DS1 born 11/2014
DS2 born 11/2018
3 previous losses
Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

Re: Team Green Check in

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ariesellearieselle member
    edited September 2018
    How are you guys doing? 
    We are doing ok. My DH wanted to find out but he’s been fine since the halfway point. He’s thought process is “I’ve made it this far”. Other dads we know say he’ll probably be happy he was team green in hindsight after the baby is born. If we go for two I’ll probably want to find out and do a small gender reveal for immediate family 
    I think girl. I’m carrying all over in the belly but I haven’t gained much weight elsewhere and my face hasn’t changed. But everyone says I’m carrying like it is a girl. That’s what most of the bets are and the Chinese prediction chart says (I’m not Chinese)
    Is your nursery done?
     Hahahaha. No. My DH wants to know what the baby is to decorate. I want a patriotic theme nursery, so it’s gender neutral but he’s insisting we wait. Since he’ll be the one doing most of the work, I will keep my mouth shut and just do the “I told you so” dance while I snuggle with the baby and he gets to paint and put furniture together. Baby and I have been practicing  o:)
     Are you "ready"for baby?
    Hahahaha. No. We have a car seat. So I guess we are ready. We had our shower so we have lots of clothes and books. I have a breast pump. So. Yes- I guess we have the things but I don’t think we are ready. Is anyone really ready?
    Hahahaha. No. We have a girl one, I  think. I think we have it narrowed to 2. Boy names we are struggling with and it’s my DH not liking the names. He keeps saying we have time. I’m 34 weeks. There’s not much time left. At this point I will let the nurses pick the name! 
  • Options
    We we are doing well! DH was super against being team green at first, but now that we’re getting closer he likes the excitement. Plus, it’s kind of fun torturing our families- they are all absolutely dying to know and think we know and are just keeping it secret. So it’s pretty entertaining. As for how I’m feeling... large and tired and swollen lol but generally pretty good. 
    I have felt like it’s a girl from early on for no particular reason. DH wants a boy first but thinks it’ll be a girl. Both of our families mostly think it’ll be a boy because of how I’m carrying and that I haven’t gained weight except for the bump. Plus both of our families are full of boys with very few girls sprinkled in.
    Our nursery is all set up and organized! Sheets, clothes, blankets, towels, everything all washed and put away. We’ve just got some things like the bassinet and swing being stored in corners there until we get closer and there’s a need to put that stuff in the rest of the house.
    I think we’re as ready as we can be. I just need to pack my hospital bag and order my breast pump. Other than that, we have all the things. 
    We’ve had a girl name picked out since the first time we talked about names when I was about 8 weeks along. Boy names are so difficult though!! We want to use family names, but are really struggling to find a combo we both really like. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How are you guys doing? 
    Doing pretty good! Starting to get antsy about meeting baby and finding out the sex. 

I feel like it’s a boy but something in the back of my mind says it’s a girl. When I start thinking of future scenarios I always automatically refer to baby as a girl so who knows lol. 

Is your nursery done? 
    Nope! We are working in there today and hope to get thing hung on the wall and everything we have so far to get washed. We registered for the crib and changing table so we won’t have those until after the shower, which I still have no clue when that is. We also need a rug and a chair so it will still be a by until it’s done.

Nope. I’m ready to not be pregnant anymore but not for baby lol. 

Yes, we have both. We haven’t shared them with anyone though and that makes people upset especially being team green. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    How are you guys doing? 
    I'm hanging in there. I have contractions all the time. If i stand up I have one 90% of the time, every time I go up the stairs I have one, etc. Sometimes they are painful, so I'm curious to see what my doc says. Hopefully it's just STM braxton hicks. 

No clue what it is, and I know people want it to be a girl since we already have a boy, but I have zero preference. I just can't wait to meet him/her. 

Is your nursery done? 
    We have bedding that I still need to wash (along with washing all new clothes/blankets we got plus some of DS's old stuff). I was going to wait for DH to get done making DS's dresser because his stuff is currently in the baby dresser that was his before we moved.... I think I'm just going to start washing stuff so I feel less stressed out/can check it off the to do list). We still need to get wall decor made and bought. 

Once we get the nursery finished I think I'll feel ready. We have everything we need/want. I just want baby to stay put until at least 38 weeks (preferably 39 to make it through halloween). 

Nope. We really need to sit and think about names. I guess we have 3 girls names and a middle name picked out, but boys are harder for me this time. I have a few that I like, but nothing I am really sold on. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    How are you doing? Tired! Pregnancy in your 30s is no joke. Also, my butt hurts or my glutes or whatever you want to call it.

Any strong feelings it's a boy or a girl? I feel like it is a girl and I have two girls and a boy. I have zero preference on sex and am instead praying for a good sleeper.

Is your nursery done? Ha! Poor fourth kid. Our 2 year old is still using the crib and I'm not ready to move himhout yet. This little one will be in a pack and play in our bedroom for the first few months. So yes? I can assemble that pack n play in about thirty seconds.

Are you ready for baby? 
    Yes. I know where my littlest clothes are for each sex. I had a shower Friday and got lots of diapers and wipes. I bought a few new bottles and binkies. I'm so excited!

Do you have any names picked out?
    Dh refuses to even discuss it since we don't know the gender. If it is a boy our strongest contenders are Dean and Tyler. If it is a girl I'm campaigning for Magnolia while simultaneously trying to decide if it's too weird. I also like Grace for a girl.
  • Options
    How are you guys doing? 
    We are good! I can’t wait to see who this little person is. Really excited about baby, but also hoping we can get our move done before baby arrives.

Not really. I don’t feel like this baby is as big as DS was, so that makes me think girl. Also baby has been breach and sunny side up, which is the same as my daughter, so we could be adding another lady.

Is your nursery done? 
    Nope. Our house is still in the final phases of being built. We have a bassinet ready in case baby comes before our move date in 2.5 weeks.

Im ready to meet baby, but we have a ton to do before then. I’m also not quite ready to give up sleep.

We have a few for both but nothing we are set on. I imagine it will be another difficult choice. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How are you guys doing? 
    We're good! I'm peeing a lot and am really starting to feel the weight of the babies...I'm 32+4 and already have the weight of a full term baby, so it's only gonna get worse. I have finally resolved myself to the fact that I can no longer work out. Work has been crazy, but it's nice to stay busy.

I am feeling boys, but I also had a dream where I saw a nurse write "baby girls" on my chart - which is ridiculous because my providers all do electronic charting, then again, it was a dream...and I argued with EVERY thing the nurse told me in said dream...so take that for what it is. lol

Is your nursery done? 
    Actually, it pretty much is done. We need to clean it up a bit and organize our cache of diapers. 

I think we have enough stuff to get us started...and once they're born I know the grandmas will pretty much buy out the gender specific outfits of every baby section in a 10 mile radius. 

Mentally, it's freaking me out a little that in a few weeks DH and I are going to be responsible for keeping two, tiny humans alive. I'm sure we'll figure it out - but it's still intimidating!! 

We've got it narrowed down to two front runners of each gender with a couple back ups, in case we don't think they look like the name we picked out. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How are you guys doing? 
    We are doing good...my husband knows but he is the only one who knows their sexes and he has kept it to himself as promised

The only feeling I have is that it's not twin girls. I don't know why but I feel like there is a boy in there. 

Is your nursery done? 
    I tried really hard to get this done lol. All of the cribs I liked were back-ordered and when I finally got one in stock, after them shipped them to me I realized one was missing the entire back of the crib. So currently have pieces of a crib scattered in the nursery while waiting for a replacement piece. Other than that I need to finish making their mobiles and then I'll be done. 

No lol. I'm completely ready to not be pregnant anymore just because of all of the other issues it has caused (bilateral de quervain's tendonitis, trigger finger and constant upper abdominal/rib pain because baby B is breech) but I don't know if I'm ready. A few months ago I felt ready but the closer the date comes the more I panic lol. It's our first, so I know there will be an adjustment period. 

We have two boy and two girl names picked out but I'm one of those that needs to see their faces before I can really decide. It took me two weeks to name my dog so who knows how this will go lol. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    linz36 said:
    ..my husband knows but he is the only one who knows their sexes and he has kept it to himself as promised

Omg this is so funny.  As much as I love team green, I could never deal with my husband knowing something like this!  Pretty sure I woulda caved long ago......

• Options
    @linz36 Kudos to your husband for keeping the secret! When I first told mine I wanted to be team green he was strongly against waiting and we settled on letting him know but keeping it a secret. About a week later he said he will wait too because there’s no way he wouldn’t accidentally blow it  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Eveinshock and @rosebud1230 at first I wasn’t going to let the tech tell him but he kind of got really emotional about it and teared up so I felt bad.  The best part is, once he knew he instantly started bonding with them and loves to rub and talk to my belly. It’s been good for him. I completely expected him to cave but he hasn’t and I think he loves knowing something that no one else knows!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker