December 2018 Moms

Check in 9.25 (edd 12.24-12.31+)

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: Have you already purchased a ton for your new baby or are you hoping for hand-me-downs? If you like hand-me-downs what is one item you will not take from someone?

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

Re: Check in 9.25 (edd 12.24-12.31+)

• Sorry ladies had to start :) Wanted to chat with you all!

How far along are you? How big is baby? 25 wks 6 days - cauliflower 

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Eh okay finally having issues sleeping and getting comfortable.

Raves: Did major clean out this weekend. Literally stayed up till 11:30 cleaning and organizing sat night and till 9 sunday night. Felt beat come monday. Have so many kids clothes to go through still. 

Rant: Both kids got some sort of bug. Yeay. My one still gets croupe every single time he gets a cold so he sounded horrible this am. Gave him prednizone to hopefully knock it out. 

Questions: Had GD test yesterday. Hopefully they don't call with bad news. Was told I need to cut back on carbs because I have gained too much. First time I've been told that. And baby is measuring 27 weeks. So growth scan coming up in next two weeks and fetal echo. Pissed about the echo because I am doing it much later since people in my practice couldn't decide. Anyone else they said they think the baby is running big? I was asked if I had large babies which I didn't, two they both came early. Also booked my csection for the 28th but was told I'll still come early. Praying for a more positive experience this time. 

GTKY: Have you already purchased a ton for your new baby or are you hoping for hand-me-downs? If you like hand-me-downs what is one item you will not take from someone? So I am hand-me-down queen from people I know. Paying two have three kids I'm definitely not in a position to be buying cribs, really all new crap. I have been super good about spending but only spent money to make a bow framed holder for her room. I'm sure the only other thing I will buy for her is a hat or something to take pics when she arrives. Hoping one of my 6 friends that had babies this year will have a car seat to hand me down. Wouldn't take from anyone I didn't know just for safety reasons but anything else I would. Hoping my poor monitor works 7 years later :) I've already sent back to motorolla once to be fixed in the past so im sure it's on it's last leg. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @mcgeeva if they are measuring by fundal height = not so accurate. My first was 1.5 lbs more than they predicted based on fundal height. I’d take it with a grain of salt and go by growth US when you have it. 

26+5, big enough to be hitting my bladder and my side at the same time

Pregnancy symptoms are about the same: reflux, occasional vomiting, my hip hurts and counting down the days till I start PT on 10/04. The really fun symptoms are the cough/sore throat/fever I have. This is day 2 home from work and I still feel awful.

Raves: umm. I made soup yesterday? And we had a fun day at the apple irchard on Saturday.

Rant: I hate being sick. I’m feeling miserable and whiny and can’t even enjiy being home from work. 

GTKY: Have you already purchased a ton for your new baby or are you hoping for hand-me-downs? If you like hand-me-downs what is one item you will not take from someone?

I mostly have everything already. DD is only 4, and with another girl coming, there isn’t much else I need. Some of the stuff I have that got ruined in our recent move I’ve gotten handmedown replacements from family or friends. I’ve gotten some handmedown winter baby stuff also, which helps (last time summer baby). I got an amazing deal on a pump, and couldn’t resist buying a few cute outfits.

The only things I won’t get handmedown period are carseat (for safety) and breastpump, bottle nipples, etc (also for safety & hygiene). 

• Loading the player...
  • @mcgeeva don't be sorry, I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm glad you posted this because I won't do it LOL  sorry your kiddos are sick. Hopefully you don't get it. Sounds like you've been pretty productive. At 25 weeks, I was also told baby was measuring about 2 weeks ahead at 27 weeks, and my fundal height was also at about 27 weeks. Doctors did not seem too concerned, and I wasn't told anything about my weight. I'm surprised they're making such a big deal about it. Hopefully it's nothing and the growth slows down a little bit. I feel like it did for me, I guess we'll see in two weeks when I have my next appointment.

How far along are you? How big is baby? 27+1, lettuce!  That seriously seems huge.

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?  More of the same. Heartburn, discomfort, trouble sleeping. Also pretty over all of this movement in my abdomen. I'm glad that baby is healthy and moving around, I just don't love how it feels.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?  Gestational diabetes test was this morning, now it's just a waiting game for the results. I didn't feel super crappy like I was expecting, so hopefully that's a good sign. We finally get our rings from the Jeweler today! They were supposed to be ready last Friday, but go figure it was delayed. At least we will be getting them today! Pictures to follow for sure.

GTKY: Have you already purchased a ton for your new baby or are you hoping for hand-me-downs? If you like hand-me-downs what is one item you will not take from someone?   I am also a hand me down queen. My sister has two girls, so mine will be getting everything from them. Funny thing is, 99% of the stuff they have is from me LOL. I have spent some money on a few essentials like a travel system and bassinet. But even the bassinet and almost everything else I've purchased is used from Facebook Marketplace. There's not much I won't take second hand. A car seat and stroller might be the only things.

• @Katzalia yeah fundal height but again always had smallish babies. 
    Hopefully you feel better soon! Both my kids are sick with some bug right now. Stuff is definitely going around and hand foot mouth is spreading like wild fire. Yeah I agree with all the ones you listed as well! 

@scaredunprepared exciting stuff! When is the wedding day? I do facebook marketplace all the time as well for furniture and what not. 

• @mcgeeva sorry your kids are sick too. No fun!  Re: size of baby: I didn’t mean fundal height usually runs big or small specifically — just that it’s not a very accurate measure and can be very off-base one way or another. Partly depends on length of your torso, baby’s position, etc. My belly went down *a lot* last week when baby flipped from transverse to (I think) head down. 

@scaredunprepared yay! So exciting you will be getting your rings today! 
  • mcgeeva said:

How far along are you? How big is baby? 27 weeks, size of a head of lettuce.

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Ok. I think I’m in the sweet spot right now! Feeling pretty good and finally stopped puking. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Nothing to rant about, I guess I’ll rave about Chobani flips in apple crisp! Definitely my craving of the week! 

Both! I’ve bought quite a bit but we had quite a bit from big bro. Car seats are the only thing we would say no to! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • @Katzalia oh no I totally get it I also know Sonia can be totally did too.

so just had a Coworker give me a car seat from a friend and I mentioned I go by expiration and she said oh please they last forever. Um no. But said thank you so I’ll be getting rid of. Two no clue who her friend is. One thing when it’s my good friends. 

• ErinkaErinka member
    edited September 2018

How far along are you? How big is baby? 26+6

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Lower back pain & cramping when I overdo it

Rant: I had a breakdown w/DH this weekend and asked that he do more cooking, cleaning and house management and be a true partner. Hoping he gets it. 

Rant #2: had a second person in past three weeks ask me if I’m due in Oct! I’m due 12/26! Um, don’t guess please—it makes me feel like I’m HUGE!

Raves: Took my glucose test today by eating 19 Brach’s jellybeans instead of that nasty drink. Glad my OB suggested it. Hoping to get good results soon! 

This is DD#2 & she will benefit from her big sister’s wardrobe currently in the garage along with all her toys and former baby gear! We only need a preschoolers bed for DD#1 and maybe a double stroller. 

• @Erinka what is that a thing??? Never knew there were any other options other than the nasty drink. That's great! I'm all about saving where you can :)

• @mcgeeva It was my OB who suggested it so I took him up on the offer. I’m slightly skeptical (and grateful at same time!) but I guess we’ll see!
  • @mcgeeva and @Katzalia thank you ladies!  The big day is FRIDAY! 3 days :) crazy!  

@misscheapandchic how nice to be in the "sweet spot" lol.  Enjoy it!  Omg chobani flips! I wish my stomach could handle yogurt right now. So jealous. I have 6 chobani in the fridge and I can't have them because reflux :(

@erinka I hope YH gets the hint and isn't a stubborn mule (like my SO!).  Splitting things up and expecting a partner to share responsibilities is pretty standard.  People need to keep their comments about belly size to themselves!  Ugh, seriously.  Also,  YES to eating jelly beans instead of glucola!  Lucky!
  • @mcgeeva I would not worry too much about measuring ahead, especially if it’s only by a week or 2. I was told that you baby’s position and size of your torso can really impact fundal height. Also, we were told at multiple ultrasounds that DS was going to be 9-10 lbs and he was only 8 lbs 2 oz. I hope your kiddos feel better and you don’t get it!

@Katzalia How are you feeling today? I hope you are recovering!

@scaredunprepared That is so exciting that you got your rings!

@erinka I hope he steps up! That’s great that you were able to eat jellybeans, instead.

26 weeks, 2 days

Just tired and sore. My thigh numbness has become more frequent.

We had a nice trip to Austin, Texas, but I’m soooo glad to be home!

We are reusing everything from DS. If baby is a girl, we will buy some clothes, most likely second hand. The only thing I wouldn’t use from anyone else us a car seat, due to safety reasons.

• @scaredunprepared congrats that's so exciting! Hope you have an amazing weekend full of celebrations :) 

@katy0990 that's so exciting you all don't know the gender. I couldn't do it :) But I think it's super cool those who do! Shoot I can't even figure out a darn name yet so having two pick both I would be in trouble. 

• @mcgeeva Picking a name was easier this time because we kept our girl name from my pregnancy with DS, so thankfully we just needed a boy name.
  • @scaredunprepared @katy0990 @mcgeeva

Jellybean update: I passed my glucose test! 
  • @Erinka wooo! That's great! Mine doesn't call unless there is an issue so two days later im guessing im good to go too!

• @Erinka @mcgeeva Yay!!! I’m glad you passed!
  • edited September 2018
    @Erinka congrats on passing the glucose test! I didn’t even know the jellybean method was a thing! That’s interesting, and probably a lot more pleasant. 

@mcgeeva I don’t think I’d worry when they’re measuring by fundal height. I was was measuring behind one week so they had me go in for a growth scan and he was right on track. When I went to see my midwife after and she checked my finals height, it was right where it should be again. 

@Katzalia I hope you’re feeling better. Being sick while pregnant sucks. 

Sorry I can’t respond to everyone. I need to get to bed, after I copy and paste then answer. lol

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • edited September 2018

26w4d Baby is the size of a coconut!

Pretty good, just tired and somewhat moody. Poor DH. lol

Rant: DS had an accident at daycare today and one yesterday. Some days and even multiple days in a row he does great and then he has accidents. At least it’s not more than one though, I guess. It seems to be mostly when he is distracted or playing and doesn’t want to stop to go.

Raves: DS said his second four word phrase last night!! He said, “I need help momma.” Yay. He also helped me sweep the floor when he got home with DH and kept saying, “Eww, dirt. Eww, mess.” It was adorable. :D

Dear Diary: I didn’t realize until Monday that it’s the end of the month and I had CPE I have to be done with by the 29, so I’ve been busy with that all week. It’s why I’ve been MIA on TB! 

I’m all about hand me downs. I got SO MANY hand me downs (clothes and two pack and play sheets) with DS but have gotten none so far for this one. :( We are reusing a lot of stuff we used with DS but so need a crib, dresser, and car seat (just the convertible, we have the infant one). The only thing I wouldn’t take used is a car seat.. and a breast pump. 

Oh as far as purchases I’ve purchased some clothes because they were on sale. I also have a friend who makes clothes so I’ve bought some custom outfits off her.

• @AdorkablePixie potty training is so hard! Just when you think they have it, they have a random accident out of nowhere. Good luck getting everything done by the end of the month!
  • edited September 2018
    @katy0990 glad you had a nice time in Austin. I feel like I'd need a vacation from my vacation at this point. I'm so tired just from daily life. Hope you feel refreshed!

@mcgeeva and @katy0990 thank you! We are excited, and I'm SOOOO ready. I. Still haven't seen the rings since SO picked then up yesterday, not sure why he's hiding them from me...

@mcgeeva and @erinka congrats passing your GD tests! I also found out I passed today!  Cheers!

@AdorkablePixie sorry DS is having accidents. I'm definitely not looking forward to potty training! Good luck with that and your CPE (through I'm not sure what that is!).

Eta:  this happened!!!
  • @scaredunprepared CPE = Continuing professional education. :) I have to complete 80 hours every two years to keep my CPA license active. My work gives us 40 hours a year where we can do CPE on the clock, which is awesome. Not all of it qualifies for CPA credit because they make us take some mandatory stuff, but then we can pick other stuff we'd like to do. :)

• @AdorkablePixie aaah ok.  We call them CEUs. But how awesome your work lets you do some on company time. My work won't even pay for my continuing education! Hopefully you were able to get all of yours done.
  • @scaredunprepared I am very lucky that they let us do some CPE on work time. :) I did not get completely done, which sucks. I courses always take longer than the CPE credit time they say it takes.

• @AdorkablePixie sorry you didn't get it all done. What does that mean for you?
  • @scaredunprepared Just that I have to do it on my own time instead of getting paid to do it. I got done all the mandatory ones I had to take for work, so it's not a big deal. :)

• @AdorkablePixie well that's good, at least you didn't get penalized for it.